Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New sub forum? (2 Gun -- Rimfire)

I'd like to throw out the idea of having a new sub forum on the BE forum site for Rimfire Multi-Gun.

This is a format of competition that is only going to grow over the next few years, and there will be a lot of people that presently shooting multi-gun that will most likely particiapte in it.

Whats starting up really big is the Ruger Rimfire Competition Series....with like 8 regional matches and 2 national championships. The Ruger Series is for RF rifle and pistol....and the COF's sort of, kind of resemble Steel Challenge with multi gun. They also want to gear it towards the juniors and new shooters as well. Seems to be a lot of fun and really cheap too!!!

I am sure that others are going to follow and we'll see (or already see) full blown matches with Rimfire.

Might be an opportunity to start up a new sub forum for match annoucements, tips and tricks, technical advise, etc.

Yeah, I'm getting into Ruger Rimfire.....gonna hold a regional match up here in Minnesota on July 31st....more on that to follow. So thats not the scope of this post.

What do you guys think? Mods? Brian??

Thanks Guys!!

Tim

Tim,

Could you send me the info on setting up one of these matches? I will take it to our club and see if we can get one going in North Dakota. These seem like a lot of fun for the family and cheap for people to get into.

Thanks,

Doug

I like the idea.

Would like to find more information on the Ruger shoots.

We ran a local 22lr multigun match a month ago, alot of fun. Used knock down steel and some paper. Do not need AR500 steel for 22lr! :roflol:

If you go to Team Rimfire....they have a list of all the Regional and National Championships for the Ruger Rimfire Series.

They also have a link in there to the 'official' Ruger Rimfire Competition Series Website.

Team Rimfire

As of yet.....I've found no forum for this sport. :surprise:

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Ruger Rimfire Series, U.S.East Coast Championship is just around the corner July 24th-25th at Caswell Ranch in NC, 14 stages.

Think 2 gun steel challenge (with lower cost ammo), still work all the skill sets (hand-eye, speed etc) we are also giving a gun to anyone that makes it into the 1 second club in the match,if more than one makes it (not going to happen) there will be a three run shoot off, we have guns from Ruger, Caswell Ranch and a great package from NORDIC ($2,000 worth), World shoot entry from Team Rimfire, grips+stocks from Houge and some nice stuff from Brownells.

Match app etc, www.caswellranch.com

Regards,

Dean (owner Caswell Ranch)

Video clip from one of the monthly matches

http://www.youtube.com/user/spydersmom#p/u/11/qviGvP970AE

Edited by DBrevit

A big +1! Our club has been toying with this idea for a year now as a means of getting more youth and "3-Gunners" into the sport. Almost everyone on our team has purchased 22 LR conversions and practice with them regularly in an effort to keep costs down. Why not compete with them as well?

Here is thread along with some good discussion that resulted:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=97565

Cheers,

Kyle

I vote yes

Nanci, our two grandaughters and I have been shooting Ruger rimfire :)

The Girls are even on the Ruger rimfire web site from the big match last fall.

Its a lot of fun and just full of young kids...IMHO close to a perfect venue to start shooting with your kids :cheers:

Jim

Cool!!.....good to see some support on this!! I know there is more for sure.

Also, from what I am reading (and knew all a long) there is more to this 2 gun rimfire than just the Ruger Rimfire Competition series. I see that clubs are starting to pick it up for many reasons. Cost, getting new shooters, facilities that really can't CF rifle COF's can do RF with ease!

Ask a brit how they do it over across the pond....I believe they are experts at it (due to their political situation)....and darn, you pick up an AR15 in 22LR, they are just a blast to shoot. Same with a 10/22.

FYI....I've made up a bunch of those steel plate targets with the shepards hooks....perfect for 22LR. Not to mention that they are SUPER portable as well. Only thing is, my wife has been wondering why all her hanging plants are on the ground, or hanging in trees. Uhmmmmmm....no clue, honey :devil: honest!! And, yes.....I have been practicing; for the first time in years.

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

I'd like to throw out the idea of having a new sub forum on the BE forum site for Rimfire Multi-Gun.

This is a format of competition that is only going to grow over the next few years, and there will be a lot of people that presently shooting multi-gun that will most likely particiapte in it.

Whats starting up really big is the Ruger Rimfire Competition Series....with like 8 regional matches and 2 national championships. The Ruger Series is for RF rifle and pistol....and the COF's sort of, kind of resemble Steel Challenge with multi gun. They also want to gear it towards the juniors and new shooters as well. Seems to be a lot of fun and really cheap too!!!

I am sure that others are going to follow and we'll see (or already see) full blown matches with Rimfire.

Might be an opportunity to start up a new sub forum for match annoucements, tips and tricks, technical advise, etc.

Yeah, I'm getting into Ruger Rimfire.....gonna hold a regional match up here in Minnesota on July 31st....more on that to follow. So thats not the scope of this post.

What do you guys think? Mods? Brian??

Thanks Guys!!

Tim

I guess there is "no love" for a Rimfire Multigun Sub Forum !! :huh:

Come on guys vote Yes!! :D

• 1 month later...

I just got back from the Caswell Ranch this past weekend. They held a Ruger Rimfire Series Championship event down there in North Carolina.

I had some issues with my pistol skills, and some issues with my rifle mags.....BUT....I had nothing less than a blast at this match!! Well run, great prize table and great people!! LOTS of new faces!!.....potential 3 gunners!!

I really think that if you are over looking .22 rf competition, then you are over looking an aspect of the multigun sport that is only going to feed the 3 gun matches in the future.

Dean, down at Caswell, ran a great match!! Besides the fact that it was probably the hottest weekend of the year, if you lived within 5 or 6 hours of this range and didn't go, you really missed out and should consider coming to it next year.

A seasoned 3 gunner could have placed well at this match, and there were something like 10 or 11 firearms to be given away!

Yes, I am bumping this thread.....I really don't think people have given this rimfire sub forum much thought.....but you may just be missing the boat here guys. If you want this sub-forum to become a reality, you need to voice your opinion. I think the mod's are (or were) on the edge for this subject.....shout out....let them know you want this.

From what I see.....there is no rimfire action forum out there on the web and having one on the BE forums is a perfect situation......IMHO

Thanks guys!!

Tim

I'm hearing that Mossbranch in Aniston, Alabama is running a regular 2-gun rimfire match. I'm thinking that if there is a match, people will shoot it.

100 rounds of rifle and 75 of pistol is $50++ of store bought centerfire.

It's less than $10 for rimfire.

If a sub-forum gets going, any info about targets would be really good.

My vote for a rimfire sub-forum and promoting more .22 2-gun matches. Have a conversion unit in my AR and just picked up an Advantage Arms kit for my Glock 19 so I'm good to go. Aside from how cheap ammo is, my neighbors don't complain any more. So, trigger time is even cheaper because I save on going to the range.

Those mini-IPSC torso targets should work real well. For steel, broken mower blades, about 2" wide, give off a good ring.

+1 for a rimfire subforum.

I have taken a rather long break from centerfire competition. I still shoot the rimfire match at Caswell Ranch. The East coast regional was a blast!

• 2 weeks later...

I think an action rimfire forum would be a great idea. This summer we've been having a blast in Hershey, its been normal for me to setup 100-250 targets on a Friday night, shoot till dark then when we head back in the morning to put things away we end up shooting all day again. 6 weeks ago I got a Smith 15 22 and as of yesterday I have 14 thousand rounds through it. I haven't shot that much 223 in the last 10 years.

If u want to see what our Friday night matches have been like, search YouTube for, Palmyra rimfire shoot