Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 for production

moto727

I know a GM who is looking to replace his CZ after getting to try out a Stock 2.

I also got to tryout this same Stock 2. I was amazed by the gun shooting very flat, and how the trigger draw on double action didn't feel overly long like my CZ. Definitely a very nice smooth trigger. According to the owner, it already had a very smooth trigger out of the box, but he wanted it even better, so he spent sometime polishing the point where the trigger bar is supported by a plunger. I don't recall whether he went with a lighter hammer spring, or not.

I've not seen any complaints, questions, or grips here about 9mm not feeding properly (unlike the Match and Limited before the new magazine design), so it must be good, or at least okay.

I don't know about holster availability. Anybody know?

I know a GM who is looking to replace his CZ after getting to try out a Stock 2.

I also got to tryout this same Stock 2. I was amazed by the gun shooting very flat, and how the trigger draw on double action didn't feel overly long like my CZ. Definitely a very nice smooth trigger. According to the owner, it already had a very smooth trigger out of the box, but he wanted it even better, so he spent sometime polishing the point where the trigger bar is supported by a plunger. I don't recall whether he went with a lighter hammer spring, or not.

I've not seen any complaints, questions, or grips here about 9mm not feeding properly (unlike the Match and Limited before the new magazine design), so it must be good, or at least okay.

I don't know about holster availability. Anybody know?

if you had to choose between your cz and the eaa, which would you take?

This is the same question that im asking myself

I have a Stock 2 and it's a great shooting gun. Very accurate and dependable since I shortened up my OAL to factory length. Only problem is lack of accessories. I been waiting for a holster and mag pouches for two weeks. I wanted a Sting Ray holster so I can shoot IDPA and no one has one. I tried Henning and Blade Tech also. Gun doesn't do me any good sittng in the box. I did use it today for a backup bullseye gun and it did well. I was thinking of a limited for USPSA, but I'm having second thoughts. Everyone has parts for a STI

Edited by Marv Z

Stock II 9mm is an excellent gun, slightly larger in the hand than a CZ 75. I have both & shoot the Tanfoglio slightly better. Stock II is basically a DA/SA limited/standard gun.

Bull barrel, adjustable sights, full length steel guide rod, expensive. Possibly not what was intended for IPSC/USPSA Production Division, when the rules were written, but it made the list.

I put a magwell on mine & shoot standard/limited minor.

Cheers, Ando.

Stock II 9mm is an excellent gun, slightly larger in the hand than a CZ 75. I have both & shoot the Tanfoglio slightly better. Stock II is basically a DA/SA limited/standard gun.

Bull barrel, adjustable sights, full length steel guide rod, expensive. Possibly not what was intended for IPSC/USPSA Production Division, when the rules were written, but it made the list.

I put a magwell on mine & shoot standard/limited minor.

Cheers, Ando.

Ando..

any photos of your setup??

I switched from Shadow to Stock II a year ago and never regret. Only thing that bothers me is a large grip, because I have small hands, but I've used to it by now. I have a small frame version.

I have 2 stock 2's,.small frame 9mm. I have OEM aluminum grips on one, and henning black aluminum grips on my gun kote (factory option) version.

Just to be different, I had a shadow and really liked it, but I liked the looks of it over my shadow.

Trigger in DA I find has less travel, but needs some TLC to smooth it out.

Mags are very reliable and do not require tuning. I had a small issued with the gun kote version, but trimmed my extractor knob and it works reliably.

Stu,

sorry for the slow reply. Here is a link to a couple of photo's of my gun in PD form. It now has Henning smooth silver aluminium grips with grip tape & Tanfoglio magwell, Henninh FO front sight. All other componants are same as photo. You will notice that the Australian issue Stock II Limited, is a DA/SA HC Limited Custom (minus the scope mount holes in the frame).

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77332

Cheers, Ando.

I love this gun!! I'm the guy who showed it to a local GM. The next day he ordered 2 of them! It is truly the production cheater gun. I just ordered the Alum. grips from henning and can't wait to put them on.

I took a training course from 2 of the best USPSA shooters in the game today. I won't use names because of his sponsor, one of the trainers(M.M.) pulled me aside and asked if he could take a look at my stock 2. We went to the safe area and I handed it to him. I told him about the work I did on the trigger. He dry fired it over and over again trying out the double and single action and said to me "I want to compete with this gun!"

I asked "With an EAA Stock 2?

He looked at me and said, "No! This one! That is exactly what I want in a production gun."

He then went on to explain how he originally tried to get a sponsorship from Tanfoglio and he was well on his way until EAA put a cubbosh to it.

If you decide to go with one of these I think your going to be pleasantly surprised.

Oh yah! The SP01 holster from bladetech is what I currently use. The only thing I had to do is heat the area of the trigger gaurd to form it to fit better but that's because I wanted it to be tighter in the holster. You don't even need to do that and it would be fine. Something else. Get the drop and offset holster. With a screw driver and ten minutes you can turn it into a IDPA legal holster and vise versa. Just take out the Drop section and bolt it back up. Good luck to you!

I did the same thing with the XL firing pin. it works great! I currently use the 15lb hammer spring for the Winch., Small rifle primers I'm using. For a match I'll use a 13lb spring with Federal primers. Now on my stock 2 I also shortened the stops on my hammer down to .018 and filed off and repositioned the secondary stops using a fine file and a jig I made out of a hard block of plastic to be precise. The single action is incredible! I built another jig that was the same dimension as the pistols pin position apart from each other. This allowed me to figure out the new angle for the sear. It's not much from the factory but it sure does make a difference. I polished the contact points to a mirror finish.

Once I was done with the hammer and sear I had to get the timing back to zero. What I mean by this is once you've changed where the sear position brakes the trigger you now have to tune the rest of the action so the double action brakes the same as your single action. Without this you will have problems big time with you double action. It took me a good eight hours of trial and error to get it just right. If done wrong your double action pull won't trip the sear and it will slam on the second stops.

I got the idea when I purchased the gun and compared it to my CZ SP01 Shadow (full custom)part for part. The CZ competition hammer is so much different than the stock CZ hammer dimensions. I mimicked the design of the competition hammer but had to come up with my own numbers to make it function reliably. Now it's the best gun I've ever shot. 2lbs. 3oz. with a 15lb. hammer spring. Scary 1lb. 10oz. with my 13lb. spring. Less than a 1/16" inch from break to reset. Oh dats nice! LOL

This is what I posted recently about the work I did. I'll have more to add when I have time.

• 9 months later...

I was gonna start a topic with the same title and thought it might get merged, and just wanna update since the last post, so I am posting here.

1. Just wondering what's the population of shooters shooting stock 2 for prod.

2. Did you guys start shooting tanfo in the beginning or switched from a different prod gun or vice versa?

3. What mods have you done?

4. Any mag issues?

Thanks.

Edited by Jimdoe

• 2 weeks later...

I switched from Shadow to Stock II a year ago and never regret. Only thing that bothers me is a large grip, because I have small hands, but I've used to it by now. I have a small frame version.

Try the Henning Grip, I think you will like it much better.