Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X Frame Grips

RevolverJockey

I have a set on one of my 627s they fit well, howewver they will move your hand back on the gun a little. Jerry Miculek used a set on his 625 at Memphis lat year due to a hand injury, the grips soften the recoil slightly.

Edited by 357454

Where did you get them? I noticed they are around 37$ on Smiths webstore, but only available in yellow and orange. I also didn't see them on Brownells where I need to place an order as well. Can anyone chime in on how much rubber is on the backstrap of these grips? Went to a few places today and no one is stocking a 460 or 500 due to the price and drop in sales - any help would be appreciated.

Lee

I ordered mine from S&W directly.... around $30 if I remember right, mine are black too although yellow and orange are available. Quite a bit of rubber on the backstrap and I also prefer rubber grips to wood and I really like the X-frame grips. We tried it one day at the range and just pulled the ones off a 460.

Really, they'll fit a 10 too.... :) mine is a square butt but I do have a dremel.

My Model 10 is a round butt. ;)

Most people don't realize that a K-Frame with 135 power factor ammo can be a little snappy. The X-Frame grips fix that. My buddy said it "kind of uglyed it up". :D

Really, they'll fit a 10 too.... :) mine is a square butt but I do have a dremel.

Good Morning,

I have the X frame grips on every S&W I that I shoot in competition. 625s, 627s, 686s, 66, 617, 610s, and 646s will all accept the

X frame grip. This way, every gun I pick up feels the same. The only place that I have seen them for sale is on the S&W web site, but I have always found orange, yellow and black available. I suppose that the orange and yellow will run out soon, as when I spoke to Pat Hogue at the Shot Show, he mentioned that they made an initial run of each and no more since then.

I use the colors for caliber. Yellow is for 45, orange is for 40 and black is for 357 and 22.

The Hogue X-frame grips will fit any K, L or N frame S&W with a round butt grip frame. I got mine from S&W.

I even put a set on my Model 10 to tame the mighty recoil of the .38 Special. :cheers:

I don't have a large hand and they fit me OK.

Not sure about that one. I tried to put my X-frame grips on my SW617 and that was no good fit at all.

Thanks for the photo. I guess I will give them a try, what is the worst that can happen for $37? I am having trouble getting Smiths site to take my info (phone number format), anyone have this problem - anyone with a MAC I should say?

Lee

I ordered 2 sets of the X grips this evening and had the same trouble with phone #. I entered it without dashes and it went thru. i.e.6665551212

Ah that I were young enough to have focus now that I see the use of it. - Me

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a set on the 18th - the track shows they left S&W on the 20th and won't arrive until June 2nd. I think they pay people to walk them from place to place. If you need them, order them well in advance. I hope I get a chance to shoot them before the match next Friday.

Lee

** Update - Very strange, the grips arrived today and although they left S&W Fedex, they arrived USPS. Even weirder, they were used, dirty, in a plastic ziplock with the part number written in with pen and orange ( I had ordered yellow - which was on the invoice). Anyone had similar experience? I am glad Smith makes revolvers, but maybe they should mention up front their customer service is a coin toss. **

Edited by Mitch_Rapp.45

Yeah, I've sent my 500 back to them twice, even included a link to a video of what the gun was doing - loaded rounds fall underneath the star, if you use the ejector, and don't eject them "smartly." Came back the first time w. the cylinder wedged in some odd position - wouldn't open or close, w. a note that they replaced the cylinder. Came back the second time, fine, except the problem still hasn't been fixed.

Sometime, I'll give Randy Lee a call, and see if he has any ideas on how to fix it, if not, I'll get it converted to moonclips, I suppose... (I actually really like shooting the gun, esp. w. the light magnum loads.)

Product: Model 500 Impact Absorbing Hogue Square Butt Conversion ...

SKU #: prod_294670000

This is how S&W calls them on their website but their links are broken.

I even went and checked the Hogue website since they make the grips.

Can't find nuthin'. Sorry.