Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Asking a waitress for the beer list and getting.....

RobMoore

Bud

Bud Light

Michelob

Michelob light

Coors

Coors light

Miller

Miller light

Corora

...do people who drink that stuff ever ask for a beer list? Don't they just order what they are used to, because every place has what they want?

I also hate when the waitress has no clue what beers they serve. If you can't memorize them, write it down. I must be alone, or among a forgettable minority of people who are very picky when it comes to brew.

Could be worse, We went to a large sports bar this weekend. I asked the waitress what beers they had, and she said" just what you see behind the bar" The bar was probably 50' away. She didnt even know what they served, or care that I had to walk to the bar, just to see what they had. Needless to say, the tip, was a direct reflection of her effort.

I worked at a bar during the hey day of microbrews.....we usually had between 60-75 beers on tap and another 20-30 in bottles depending on the season.....loved being asked 7000 times a night what beers we had :cheers:

It always made my day to serve someone a different beer than they ordered only to be amazed that they couldn't tell the difference :roflol:

Before I order anything on draft, I ask if they flush the lines. Usually, I get a confused look from the waiter. Then I order something in a bottle.

My buddy ordered a Sam Adams from the tap. I could smell his skunk beer across the table. Nasty!

Could be worse, We went to a large sports bar this weekend. I asked the waitress what beers they had, and she said" just what you see behind the bar" The bar was probably 50' away. She didnt even know what they served, or care that I had to walk to the bar, just to see what they had. Needless to say, the tip, was a direct reflection of her effort.

And she was probably totally befuddled as to why her tip was minimal at best.

Years ago my ex and I went to a local BBQ joint with about a dozen friends. Waitress came to take our order after we slurped a couple of beers each. I ordered a meal and the ex said she was just going to have some of my meal and asked for an extra plate. Waitress got uppity and told us she was going to charge us a couple of extra bucks for the additional plate which we already knew about. One of the friends (traveling auto parts salesman)growled at her and told her not to worry about the extra charge as we would take it out of her tip. :roflol: Really, really bad service for the rest of the evening needless to say. Oh well.

CYa,

Pat

People who drink popular domestic beers probably shoot production.

And Glocks.

People who insist on drinking only "Uncle Petey's Fat Tired Rasperry Lagerpilsnerweisen Stout" probably shoot Limited or Open down in the 20th percentile with a 2011 that is obsolete cuz the wait time from their "smith" dragged beyond current comp, barrel, load, or sight development .....so there :P

I drink what I drink, and I don't care what you think.

If this was the beer list;

Bud

Bud Light

Michelob

Michelob light

Coors

Coors light

Miller

Miller light

Corora

I'd ask for ice tea instead.

Before I order anything on draft, I ask if they flush the lines. Usually, I get a confused look from the waiter. Then I order something in a bottle.

My buddy ordered a Sam Adams from the tap. I could smell his skunk beer across the table. Nasty!

It's not real draught beer in America anyway. It's just poured from a large aluminum can, usually as you noted through dirty plastic tubes.

edited to add: that's not much better than wine from a large box.

Edited by Steve J