Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Teaching Math

Micah

My students have a daily problem that they are do do the moment they enter my classroom. This was today's problem:

0504000921.jpg

Can you tell I'm waiting on pins and needles for my bullets to come in?

I don't get it.

I don't get it.

I don't want to get it! :goof:

I don't either. <_<

How is that helpful, when the whole concept of you shooting MAJOR is only theoretical? :rolleyes::roflol:

Something for you guys to noodle on... http://www.math.utah.edu/~pa/math/0by0.html

I'm sure Mr. Bender caught the reference to his equation... if he were in a hurrrrrry in the morning and forget the 1 in the 1000 in the denominator of his daily exercise and just scrawl 000 on the board he would then have a division by zero problem. Major, Minor... You tell me! :ph34r:

I'm surprised you didn't write "May the Fourth" on the board. :rolleyes:

As my wife said today "Happy Star Wars Day, May the Fourth Be with You!" :ph34r:

PB. that is a great example of a real world problem. Creative teaching at it's finest :cheers:

Some people don't have maps...........

everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should… our education over here in the U.S

:roflol::roflol:

I have a variation of this that I am using tomorrow...

Math Problem #2 change the projectile weight from 200 to 180 and try again. You will get much better results.

PS your cannon looks like it's pregnant. Or is that the "Glock Bulge" we always hear about? :rolleyes: