Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

J Katz's Range Diary

jkatz44

Shot a classifier match today. Im pretty happy the way I shot. Everything seemed to flow pretty well and I was seeing my sights well. I was able to manage two 100%, a 98%, and a 89%. If I averaged it out right, I may be moving to GM...

Edited by jkatz44

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I have a little bit more time after school now, I've been able to dryfire more. I've been dryfiring at least 30-45 min a day and I'm definately seeing improvements. My draws, index, transitions, and mag changes are definately getting there...it sometimes feels like I CANNOT miss a mag change. Feels pretty cool...

Gearing up for Area 6 in a couple weeks. This will be my 2nd major of the season.

After that, I'm switching to CZ and focusing on IPSC/USPSA nats.

Edited by jkatz44

• 2 weeks later...

When I first started shooting this sport, I guess 4 years ago (time flies!), one of my goals was to make GM by the time I turned 15. Well, it looks like I just barely achieved this goal (I turn 16 in a couple weeks). With the new classification update, I just edged out at 95.98 % to get GM.

I know that now, the real hard work begins. But, I'm not intimidated. I look forward to the journey of reaching my highest potential yet. I know if I put my mind to it, anything is possible.

I have Area 6 coming up...better dryfire...lots.

Later,

Jason

Tough time at Area 6. Didn't do as well as I'd like to, probably due to a lack of live fire practice and not-so-great conditions. But I learned a couple things so that's good. I guess it might be better to do not-so-great and learn some valuable things than shoot decent but walk away with nothing?

I ending up shooting like 84% of HOA production. I had two rough stages that probably took me out of the match. Back to the drawing board and practice...

• 1 month later...

Good job Jason. What's your next major that you are shooting? How are you think you are looking for a slot for the World Shoot? I ask cause i shot maybe it was the Fl. Open or one of the matches down at USA last year and we were talking about it. Thanks & good luck.

Thank you sir. My next major is most likely the pro-am....and then on to the IPSC nats followed by the USPSA nats a week after. If I keep at it, I should be in good shape. If only I could find a darn CZ...lol