Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

J Katz's Range Diary

jkatz44

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Just been shooting local matches lately. I feel my game is pretty solid as long as I keep a level head and just shoot MY game. I've noticed lately that good things will always happen if you just see your front sight and pull the trigger. LOL I'm going to try and start getting in my dryfire routine again to get ready for the majors around the corner. (FL state match, ipsc nats, uspsa nats). gonna stick to production for a while with the good 'ol M&P. I feel that I've been shooting the plastic gun really good lately so why change guns right?

On another note, I'm on the verge of making master in production. We shall see what happens...

Later,

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Back from the FL state match. Overall, I shot ok but I know I could've shoot better. The main issue had to deal with long shots and hardcover/no shoots. I had way too many penalties. (4 mikes, 2 NS). But, at least I know what to practice in live fire now. In the end, I was 3rd overall production at 88% of HOA production. I took first "A" class and high junior.

IPSC nats are around the corner...off to practice!

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

IPSC nats is this weekend. Probably my biggest match so far but going to try and treat it like any other match. I've been dry firing like crazy with my 5lb trigger m&p. LOL I'm just going to try and shoot my game and nothing else. I think one of my main focuses is going to be accuracy. I've noticed I've always placed better when I actually hit the target, go figure! But, should be a good match and im looking forward to it.

Jason

• 1 month later...

Back from uspsa production nationals. Overall, I'm happy with my performance. I was 10th overall and high junior. This match was probably my biggest match yet and it was definitely a good experience.

(will try to add video)

Although I've been happy with the m&p since day 1, I'm thinking about going the CZ route since I plan on doing IPSC also...

Edited by jkatz44

• 2 months later...

Haven't posted in a while but Im back. Still training hard. Probably harder than ever. Going to try and make 2013 a good one.

I've been dryfiring every day and live firing more than I did before. I shot a good classifier last match so I may be getting a bump... :goof: I'm not really trying to shoot for classifiers, I'm just trying to shoot my best and see where it gets me.

Shot a GSSF match in 51 seconds this past weekend...don't know if that's good or bad?

Anyways, Still focusing on production with the trusty M&P. I'll be picking up a Pro that I won soon so it will be my backup gun as well as my dedicated IPSC gun. (Going to leave it mostly stock)

As for upcoming matches, I have Florida State, Florida Open, IDPA State, Area 6 etc. etc. Lots of shooting.

I plan on training hard, harder, and harder to eventually get ready for IPSC nats as well as USPSA nats later in the year. Never too early to start training. Going to continue dryfiring every day and livefire at least 1-2 times a week, focusing on fundamentals as I believe its one of the most important things. Also trying to develop some mental game...time to go read benos' book!

Later,

Jason

Edited by jkatz44

Well, back from Florida state match. I shot okay...probably should have been a bit more aggressive.

I ended up 1st master and 2nd overall production at 98%...

Guess I need to train harder...

Jason

Edited by jkatz44

I didn't push myself...kind of just went through the motions. Need to be more explosive in and out of positions, shoot more efficiently(on the move), etc. I was way too conservative on close targets.(had a lot of A's but times definately suffered)

I was 12 seconds behind the pace of match winner which averages out to 1 second a stage. Little things here and there add up...

Shot a monthly match today in production of course. Overall, shot okay. Became lazy on the last stage and threw a miss into hardcover....ended up 2nd overall at 99%.

Plan to continue on my routine. This is going to be my busiest and biggest shooting year yet. Still trying to dry fire daily and livefire 2 times per week.

List on things to work on:

1. Long distance accuracy= #1!

2. Shooting on the move

3. SHO/WHO

4. making sure I have a sight focus, not target focus on targets that need one

Edited by jkatz44

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Shot the US steel nationals in Titusville...was able to pull off high overall production. Would have liked to shoot better...but not bad for never shooting steel.

May be switching platforms in production...stay tuned.

Next match- Area 6. Time to ramp up training.