Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

J Katz's Range Diary

jkatz44

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot a fundraiser match today(for a retired navy seal). I was able to take HOA production. I shot ok but have a lot to work on. However slowly but surely, I'm starting to learn the CZ. It's going to take a little bit to get up to speed but once I do, I feel like my game will be exponentially improved.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was able to shoot for the first time in a month at our monthly match. (back to school I go)

Although I wasn't perfectly content with my performance, I'll take it considering the circumstances. Was able to win the match HOA...CZ still runnin strong.

• 3 weeks later...

Started implementing some sort of practice regiment as nats are a month out. Dryfiring daily and live fire twice a week.

Dryfire has given me great results with my reloads and movement. Probably my biggest issue is getting a "perfect" grip on the draw sometimes.

I livefired today...my accuracy sucks, plain and simple. But at least I know what I need to work on. (along with SHO/WHO)

My speed seems to be fine. I was able to do a 1.7 sec bill drill at 7 yards with 1 Charlie as well as 1.5 sec with I think 2 charlies. I'm going to focus the majority of my time on accuracy oriented stuff hopefully I should be ok...

Jason

Seems like my practicing is paying off...(who woulda thought)

Shot a local monthly match today and I shot pretty decent. I stil had quite a few mistakes but I'm learning from them tremendously. I think this match might have been the first match that I actually called my shots almost entirely.

Still going to continue my regiment and hopefully have a good turnout at both nationals.

Edited by jkatz44

• 1 month later...

Thanks!^

Despite a disappointing turn out at nationals, largely due to equipment problems (still totally my fault), I was able to make the US junior national team. I am really excited to represent the US and challenge myself to the best of my abilities. Im looking forward for the future..:)

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated in a while...been busy. I've shot a couple matches and things are starting to come together I think. I got 2nd place overall production this past weekend at FL state match. Once I get everything straightened out, I should be pretty solid. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Back from FL open...was a success. Ended up 2nd overall production, 1st GM, and high overall junior. 1 miss and 1 no shoot for the match, not too bad for this level of difficulty. (Plus, I called both of them)

Practice is paying off...