Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 South Carolina Section Championship

The 2010 SC Championship this past weekend was a tremendous success. I am pleased to announce the 2011 South Carolina Section Championship will be May 6-7, 2011 at the Palmetto Gun Club in beautiful Charleston SC.

I am fortunate to have the same people who have made this match so successful in the past continue their involvement for next year. Therefore, we will continue the traditions (no pasting etc) that make this match one of the premier matches in the South East!

One day format - shoot either Friday or Saturday

8 stages, 200 rounds minimum.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Lee! I'll be looking forward to it! The MCRC will be there in force to help out!

Everyone, Palmetto Gun Club has a fantastic facility. grass bays with SHADE TREES!! You really shouldn't miss this one. You will be minutes away from historic Charleston (sites, food, and the South Carolina coast). Plan a vacation around this match...you will not regret it!

Until then, I'll see you on the range.

Edited by Jack Suber

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Match Hotel:

Hampton Inn of Summerville

1015 Jockey Ct

Summerville, SC 29483

Phone: 843.871.8300

Code: SC section 2011

LEE,

I hope your new road will be ready

The road is about 95% right now. It is 2-3 ft above the previous grade and hard packed from one end to the other. I have been able to do 45mph consistently the last few matches. They need about 5 consecutive 55+ degree days to pave with asphalt and it will be 100%. We expect no later than march.

Edited by Lee King

The application and match web page can be found at:

South Carolina Section Web Page

Application

Lee King

Match Director

If you opt to fill out the application electronically, be sure to save it as something OTHER than SC2011app.pdf before sending it to Linda. If she gets a bunch named the same thing they overwrite each other when she tries to download them.

• 1 month later...

2011 South Carolina State Championship

May 6 and May 7, 2011 USPSA Level 2 Match

Sanctioned Match

The match will seek approval from USPSA as a Level 2 match. The match will be scored with all 6 Divisions separated. Scores will be posted at the end of each day, and final match results will be posted on the USPSA web site (www.uspsa.org).

This is a ONE DAY match. You may shoot either Friday, May 6th or Saturday, May 7th.

Awards

In past years, the SC Section Match paid cash or checks to the top finishers in each division, as well as to class winners and special category winners. The 2011 SC Section Match will continue this format. Division, class and category winners at the 2011 SC Section Championship will be given cash or check awards.

The amount of each award and the number of awards per class will be solely contingent on the overall number of paying shooters and the number of paying shooters per class. A competitor may receive all trophies which he or she merits, however a competitor is entitled to only one (1) money award. For instance, if a competitor places first A Limited-10 and High South Carolina Limited-10 champion, he would receive the higher of the two cash prizes, but not both. The cash not awarded because of multiple winners will be returned to the pool for all prizes in that division.

The total amount of cash awards for any division will be based upon the number of competitors in that division. For example, if the match is 30% Limited shooters, the amount awarded would be split 30% among Limited, and the remaining 70% will be split accordingly among the rest of the Divisions. It is likely that a class winner in one division may receive more than the same class winner for another division.

Minimum Levels per Award

All class and category winners, as well as division winners, will receive a plaque, in addition to the money award. All awards of money will be made in the 6 Divisions as listed below:

Match Winner *

SC Champion *

High Lady *

SC High Lady *

First in Class -- G through D (Each class with a minimum of 3 shooters)

Super Senior Champion *

Senior Champion *

Junior Champion *

Second in Class -G through D (Each class with a minimum of 6 competitors)

Third in Class - G through D (Each class with a minimum of 12 competitors)

* Note that a minimum of 3 eligible shooters/division must register to award a cash prize or plaque

Sponsor Donations Drawing

All the merchandise and discount offers, which were donated by our generous sponsors, will be distributed by random drawings. The drawing will take place at the banquet on Saturday Night.

For more information:

http://www.lchico5u.com/SC-State.html

• 3 weeks later...

I worked this last year and will do so again this year. Even us RO lackey staff were treated great! The MD and crew made sure we had what we needed, the shooters were awesome, and it was nice to meet some of the best shooters in the world.

If you're a growing RO and want to learn from a class act, this is the place!

Leam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've only shot a rifle match at that range. That weekend your club president will be visiting his grandson here in El Paso. One day I'll make it out there for a pistol match.

It is a great range. Even has a couple RV electric hookups in a nice grassy parking area.

A little bit out in BFE though, but worth the trip for those who like to shoot matches of all sorts.