Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Visiting my local shooting supply shop

Sarge

Price?

out the door for $32 K. Not as cheap as online but he has only raised his prices a little over a buck since this whole primer thing started. I figure I can live with that.

Never thought I would be happy about $30/thousand for primers. Oh its only double what I paid 2 years ago. I want to just get a feel for pricing and hopefully by next year supply will drive price to a more appropiate level. Its "demand" thats working against this though. :surprise:

At least you beat the hoarders. so if I knew somebody that wanted to buy say 1K or 40K primers where would you suggest? Just kidding

Edited by BSeevers

Paul, I hate to think of things like that. When I was shooting trap many years ago magnum lead shot was only $14 a bag. I don't remember, nor do I want to remember, how little primers cost.

I want to just get a feel for pricing...

I'll save you a trip to the Powder Room in Powell. I was in there Saturday. I think they had Wolf and Magtech in the low 30's, and CCI in the upper 30's.

FWIW, the SP Magtechs that I bought a few years ago (for about $55/case)...those are the ones that won't always fire in my Glock, but Anderson likes them plenty in his Caspian (and he likes how they run through his 650). My LP Magtechs run fine in my 1911.

Forty some years ago the local Skagg's drugstore went out of business and had a 1/2 price sale on all their reloading supplies. When I heard about it I got there as fast as I could and bought every primer they had. I still have some CCI Mag. Small Rifle primers with the orginal 69 cents price tag.