Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Bullet Feeder For 650!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called those guys up in April and ordered one for my 650 and they said it will be 6 weeks. In May, they called me up and told me they stopped making them because people were having problems with them and more R&D needs to be done. I asked to be put on their list so I can get one when the problems are resolved but haven't heard back from them yet.

I received this email from X Monday:

hello Brian,

just a quick update for you.

we have been working the bullet feed systems for both machine styles

650 and 1050.

as soon as I have completed my changes and tested them I will be making contact with you

and the other great folks out there interested in our feed system.

thanks again

Xavier

So although it's taking a little longer than expected, the good thing is that it is happening.

be

.....for both machine styles 650 and 1050.

Woo-hoo!!

[bing Crosby On] "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..... [bing Crosby Off]

Still, that pneumatic version that Angus has is the cat's ass.

Note to self: Buy lottery tickets today.

The problem with the set up Angus sells is that it needs to be air operated.

I don't have an air compressor in my reloading area. I don't have space for an air compressor in my reloading area. If this was electrically operated, I'd have bought one by now!

So, I'm another one on the waiting list for the new system for a 1050 ...

Kevin

MAn the compressor is so cool. not sure what I did before I had to buy one for the bullet feed, now I use if for car tires grinding on stuff blowing down the 1050's cleaning guns and all sorts off oher stuff not sure why I did not get the compressor years ago......

I don't have an air compressor in my reloading area. I don't have space for an air compressor in my reloading area. If this was electrically operated, I'd have bought one by now!

FWIW Wal-Mart sells a quit compressor that is very compact ($99.00). Once the wife gives me the clearance the bullet feeder will be here soon. The compressor does make cleaning the press easy though. I also use it for cleaning the gun.

Perhaps this would also work for tight spaces:

Lowes wall mountable compressor

OK - I'm convinced enough that I'll go look at compressors. It would be nice to not have cans of air all over the place which is the way I currently clean things off :lol:

However, it'll have to be small and very quiet to work in the environment I have to put it in.

I now have hopes that a bullet feeder might be a possibility ...

Kevin

OK - I'm convinced enough that I'll go look at compressors. It would be nice to not have cans of air all over the place which is the way I currently clean things off :lol:

However, it'll have to be small and very quiet to work in the environment I have to put it in.

I now have hopes that a bullet feeder might be a possibility ...

Kevin

I had the same problem.. Angus told me to get a scuba tank. So far I've resisted.

Once I get a real workshop, then I'll have air.

Shred

Besides the scuba tank, you would need a scuba regulator to adjust the air pressure down to usable levels. Many scuba tanks are filled to the 3000 psi range. That is probably a little more pressure than you are looking for. This is dangerously above what a normal air compressor regulator could handle. I don't remember the pressure output from a scuba regulator first stage, but if you are not using it for life suport you can probably tune it to the pressure you need or use the scuba regulator to reduce the pressure to what a normal air compressor regulator can handle.

This would not be very cost effective compared to an air compressor, but it could save money if you are using a lot of canned air.

Remember you must be scuba certified to get a scuba tank filled and an exploding scuba tank can kill, not to mention really mess up your apartment.

I hope my ramblings make sense.

Yeah, yeah.. I've already got the regulators, but I do use them for diving.. I figured if I went that way (which I probably won't), I'd figure out how to regulate off the LP BC inflator hose..

Geez.. what are you trying to keep your customers alive or something?? :D

I believe it is Trident that makes this adapter I am about to describe....this adapter goes on the end of a LP hose and allows you to blow air as you would if you had a compressor.

.....again, using the LP ports, you should only be getting about 200psi - the extreme maximum would be about 400psi I believe. If you use the HP port, you will get the pressure that is in the tank.

So if you already dive and have the gear, this would be a cheap alternative to a compressor. Along with that adapter, you would probably need to get the seven foot hose (used by cave divers) in order to have a hose that is actually usable.

I'm still thinking about it, but not seriously at this point. Hopefully I'll get a real shop soon that I can put a compressor into and all this will be moot.

I'm also not yet convinced that it's a good idea to store a tank full of 3000 psi air in close proximity to my firearms and powder stash.