Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Few Hundred Thousand Rounds Later....

Ben Stoeger

A few of you Beretta guys might now me. I have shot IDPA and USPSA for the last 5 years. In that time I have fired a few hundred thousand rounds through my Beretta Pistols. If you are curious to see how my pistols have stood up to my abuse (I am not particularly nice to my guns either), then have a look at this video I just did:

Nice video, I wish you weren't hoarding all those Elite II though: as of now, I have shot a 92FS in IDPA and love it, but in dim light the sights are not easy to acquire. Would love to get an Elite, but haven't been able to yet. Getting teased at matches, last one was a guy who told me "nice, lots of girls shoot Beretta's at IDPA matches". For what is worth, I did my first qualifier with my Storm sub-compact, because the 92 was getting a trigger job in PA, and had a lot of fun shooting my Storm. Made MM, but ehi! I had shot only 3 matches then, so I wasn't unhappy at all.

Thank you for the vide, watching you shooting is always a pleasure.

hopefully you were able to house the guy who dissed the Beretta, who was this blasphemer?

PS you can get Novak to install a gold beat in your front sight on your model 92, or just put some new white paint on the front sight

I ordered a novak rear for my 92FS from Brownells. It didnt specify what height (it wound up being a super tall one).

I removed the factory rear sight and filed down the top of the novak to match the factory height. I cold blued it and reinstalled it and it was pretty much spot on

I almost like the 92FS more than the Elite II (almost)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My mission now is to thrash this gun into submission.. it isnt going well. Hooper and I tried to melt it last week. Damn thing keeps working.

This gun still holds a group as well. That kind of amuses me. I can make good sport of 2 inch hanging plates at 50 yards. I dont hit them near every time, but I hit them often enough to know that it isnt luck... well not all luck anyway.

My mission now is to thrash this gun into submission.. it isnt going well. Hooper and I tried to melt it last week. Damn thing keeps working.

This gun still holds a group as well. That kind of amuses me. I can make good sport of 2 inch hanging plates at 50 yards. I dont hit them near every time, but I hit them often enough to know that it isnt luck... well not all luck anyway.

Thanks for both vids.

Question: you shoot IPSC - how do you over come the de-cocker?

The DA is miserable & to "thumb" it is dangerous...not for people if your careful, but for an AD & subsequent DQ.

...& to disable it is a DQ.

Wouldn't mind shooting my 96 in L-10, but can't figure a solution.

Any info? Thanks.

-jb

• 9 months later...

Great videos!

I have never been a fan of the Beretta 92 as I found them too big for my hands, but after watching your videos, I would like to try an Elite II.

One thing I always noticed on the Beretta was the smoothness of the slide traveling on the frame, its like 2 pieces of oiled glass sliding on each other.

• 1 year later...

Lots of juicy tid-bits! Thank you for your unselfish sharing of info from your years of experience.

One thing that would be even more helpful to us is to tell us what your maintenance schedule is like for these parts you mentioned in your video:

1. Trigger Return Spring
  2. Trigger Bar
  3. Slide Stop
  4. Firing Pin
  5. Extractor

After shooting S&W M&P9 for a few years, I have to say that comparing the accuracy of the 92A1 to the M&P9, it was day and night. I am deeply impressed by the tightness and accuracy of the 92A1. Wished they are making the Elite.

How do you deal with the transition from the first DA shot to the rest of the SA shots at the outset of every course? Any special techniques you care to share?

Edited by Art Yeo