Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new Production gun (Pre-B CZ75) - Finished-

Rln_21

Here are pics of my new Production gun pretty much all finished for now. Pre-B CZ75 from '93 (no firing pin block and lighter than the Shadow :cheers: )...

Going to shoot a match with it tomorrow, we'll see how it goes.

Finally got the trigger tuned to my liking. Super smooth <6lb DA and and a really smooth 2.5lb SA, extremely short reset (<1/16") with no overtravel. Seems to ignite pretty much any ammo including CCI and PMC.

SA is a little lighter than I would prefer but thats how it came out without modifying the angles on the Competition hammer or Miossi sear, I will run it for now. Its so smooth I'm afraid to change anything... :D

Mag opening modified to accept current production 17rd mags with anti-friction coating (most Pre-B CZ 75s only work 100% reliably with mags from the same era which can be hard to find). Also, magwell beveled out to max dimension allowed by rules...

Of course, custom made rear sight and Dawson FO front sight.

(Sorry some of these pics didn't focus the best)

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128-1.jpg

IMG_0130-1.jpg

Edited by Rln_21

Did you mill the slide for the front sight? I would love to be able to put a .9 or .100 front sight on mine

Yes, its just a Heinie style 1911 front sight dovetail so any 1911 sight of the correct height can work on the gun. If you have someone put a dovetail in your slide tell them to be very careful near the center of the slide when cutting across. FWIW, in my gun, however CZ fixed the "bushing" into the slide created a very hard spot in the middle that the dovetail cutter would not go through very well; I broke two dovetail cutters getting that in there (I think one of them might have even been carbide IIRC) and had to finish the dovetail by hand with a diamond file.

Did you mill the slide for the front sight? I would love to be able to put a .9 or .100 front sight on mine

Yes, its just a Heinie style 1911 front sight dovetail so any 1911 sight of the correct height can work on the gun. If you have someone put a dovetail in your slide tell them to be very careful near the center of the slide when cutting across. FWIW, in my gun, however CZ fixed the "bushing" into the slide created a very hard spot in the middle that the dovetail cutter would not go through very well; I broke two dovetail cutters getting that in there (I think one of them might have even been carbide IIRC) and had to finish the dovetail by hand with a diamond file.

I talked yo you when you first did this project over on CZFORUM and you said you were working with APEXTACTICAL to possibly market the rear sight. I was wondering if anything ever came of that. I have a 84 pre-b that I would love to have better sights on.

Edited by Wade-19

I talked yo you when you first did this project over on CZFORUM and you said you were working with APEXTACTICAL to possibly market the rear sight. I was wondering if anything ever came of that. I have a 84 pre-b that I would love to have better sights on.

It is a possibility that I could produce a variation of this sight (with some refinements). I haven't really had the time to look into it yet. Also, I need to get hold of an M&P rear sight (like one from 10-8 Performance) because I have a sneaking suspicion that the dimensions are so close to the one I made that they might actually be able to be retrofitted into the CZ 75 and accomplish the same thing.

This is something probably better discussed on the CZforum as we have not gotten around to signing up for a subforum on this site for our company. If I did decide to make one I would post an update over there.

At this point that was a one-off custom site I made for a personally owned gun, our shop doesn't accept work on CZ pistols as we have other primary focuses...

Edited by Rln_21

Man that blaster looks awesome. I'm super jealous. Did you do any trigger work to get the nice, short reset or was that just the hammer, sear and lack of FP safety doing their thing?

Edited by blind bat

Man that blaster looks awesome. I'm super jealous. Did you do any trigger work to get the nice, short reset or was that just the hammer, sear and lack of FP safety doing their thing?

Yes, I did a lot of extensive action work on the gun to get it where it is now. Made a modification to the trigger bar to shorten the reset...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Totally an old post, but I am working on a similar project and am interested in knowing more about the modifications done to allow for the 1911 dovetail front sight. I was told that the Pre B models bbl bushing is being held in by the staked on FSP so you can't remove it. Is there a variation in the Pre-B models where some have the bushing attached to the slide and some the FSP?

My project gun is a '93 CZ85.

All I know is that the two guns that Roy has built for himself and ultimately sold have been absolutely gorgeous. This one and his 1911. I hate that I wasn't in a position to buy either of them.

My question related to this build is whether that bevel on the mag well is legal for uspsa production, because I would love to do that to my transitional pre b, but don't want to turn it into a limited minor gun. The only mention I see of anything similar is the size restrictions in relation to the magazine itself, but nothing specifically allowing or prohibiting this modification. Does anybody else have a take on whether this is production legal?

Edited by tha1000

My question related to this build is whether that bevel on the mag well is legal for uspsa production, because I would love to do that to my transitional pre b, but don't want to turn it into a limited minor gun. The only mention I see of anything similar is the size restrictions in relation to the magazine itself, but nothing specifically allowing or prohibiting this modification. Does anybody else have a take on whether this is production legal?

I'm curious about this as well.

I assume this would me a gun illegal for IDPA SSP as well. (I know the OP's gun wouldn't be legal in SSP due to the sight cuts in the slide)

Edited by ChaseMarshall

I'm curious about this as well.

I assume this would me a gun illegal for IDPA SSP as well. (I know the OP's gun wouldn't be legal in SSP due to the sight cuts in the slide)

Posted this to the rules section to see if someone has an answer.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=217824

Edited by tha1000

Clueless here-

How do you tell the year of manufacture on the "Pre-B" models? Sorry for the thread drift, but it sounds like the thread is "Back From the Dead" as the moderators say, so maybe you'll cut me some slack for what may be a dumb question... I hope.

My "transitional" pre b is stamped on the right side of the slide by the extractor, I believe. Just dropped it off to be refinished or I'd go check for you.

Edited by tha1000