Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNH USA Midwest 3-Gun Championships

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

There will be only three paper targets this year and they will be rifle. Everything else is steel. We have learned to plan for rain and hope it doesn't. Wet cardboard and pasters are a pain. We are adding a tenth stage to accomodate another two squads so we have more slots available (22). The tenth stage will be pistol only, natural terrain if possible.

Please make sure you bring enough ammo since most pistol targets are 5" knock down plates. I would also bring a tighter choke like light mod or mod to knock down the small/round shotgun targets. IC did not cut it with some R.O's who shot last weekend. NO SLUGS!!!!!

Rifle targets are 400, 300, 200 185, 175, 150, 100 yards with 3 stages being rifle at 100 yards. The 400 yard target is a bonus that allows a 20 second time reduction if hit.

We are limited by distance and the fact that we are using all steel. This is why the rifle round count is lower. I can assure you they will be challenging.

One stage will also be the 3-Gun Nation stage so everyone will get a chance to experience it.

The range is in great shape. We have made it as weather proof as possible with mulch everwhere you walk and a new 60'x60' permanent pavillion as a place to gather, eat, awards, shooters meeting etc.

There will be a MMA cage fight Fiday night as well that will be free to competitors.

We are confident that this will be the best Midwest 3-Gun Championships yet. We look forward to seeing everyone on the 21st.

Thanks,

Ken

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

There will be a MMA cage fight Fiday night as well that will be free to competitors.

Thanks,

Ken

If you guys can talk him into it, my money is on Erik Lund. :roflol:

Erik is a push over...I can take him easily.......just show him a donut!

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

There will be only three paper targets this year and they will be rifle. Everything else is steel. We have learned to plan for rain and hope it doesn't. Wet cardboard and pasters are a pain. We are adding a tenth stage to accomodate another two squads so we have more slots available (22). The tenth stage will be pistol only, natural terrain if possible.

Please make sure you bring enough ammo since most pistol targets are 5" knock down plates. I would also bring a tighter choke like light mod or mod to knock down the small/round shotgun targets. IC did not cut it with some R.O's who shot last weekend. NO SLUGS!!!!!

Rifle targets are 400, 300, 200 185, 175, 150, 100 yards with 3 stages being rifle at 100 yards. The 400 yard target is a bonus that allows a 20 second time reduction if hit.

Thanks,

Ken

Does this mean that the closest shot with a rifle is 100 yards?

Ty

Does this mean that the closest shot with a rifle is 100 yards?

Ty

The 3 paper may be closer but all the steel should be at 100 or more.

I can appreciate the attempt to avoid all the hassles of paper/pasters/rain but

I miss a good close hoser rifle stage.

Craig

Edited by spd522

:cheers:Doesn't matter as I have been doing this for a long time but it sounds like anyone just starting out with a department issued shotgun or fixed cylinder bore shotgun might as well stay home, not sure that is best approach to encourage new shooter to start. I know its too late to change but may want to consider building around lowest common denominator gear next year. That is why IPSC shotgun mandates calibration is with just such a gun for all shoot targets, and being able to get the shoots without killing the no shoot with that gun. just a thought, :cheers:

A couple years ago, we shot the CTI, and one stage was shotgun on steel plates - diagonally across the range, 30yards, and the plates were 1/2" steel 6x6. What a lesson that was!!

Now it seems the standard is 6x6 and 3/8" thick. That's a fine steel target for pistol (the smallest USPSA legal?) and is a good target for shotgun out to 12'ish yards. But you got to hit it in the middle of your pattern, and your pattern needs to be a little better than 18" cylinder.

Where does it say they have to be 3/8" steel? For shotgun, the 6x6 is a really good target, but make them out of 1/4" steel. I think they would knock over really well with short defense guns, and be cheaper to make, and a lot more pleasant to haul around.

Whatever, I use a poly-choke - a little twist of the wrist and I'm ready to go. imho

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

We are limited by distance and the fact that we are using all steel. This is why the rifle round count is lower. I can assure you they will be challenging.

One stage will also be the 3-Gun Nation stage so everyone will get a chance to experience it.

The range is in great shape. We have made it as weather proof as possible with mulch everwhere you walk and a new 60'x60' permanent pavillion as a place to gather, eat, awards, shooters meeting etc.

We are confident that this will be the best Midwest 3-Gun Championships yet. We look forward to seeing everyone on the 21st.

Thanks,

Ken

No clays, or fliers this year?? :unsure:

Do we shoot on friday also or just sat. & sun.

From the web site:

Friday-Registration from 7:00-8:30

Shooters Meeting 8:45-9:00

Match starts 9:00-12:00

Lunch 12:00-1:00

Match 1:00-5:00

Saturday-Match Starts 8:00-12:00

Lunch 12:00-1:00

Match 1:00-5:00

Sunday-Match Starts 8:00-10:00

Team Event 10:00-11:00

I hope that's still the schedule :)