Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

Hi all I will more than likely not be able to get a staff photo shoot put together, so that probably not happen. As for the coin, the official answer at this moment will be to give him a refund. However we are toying with the idea of selling the remaining few coins first come first served. If so he will have the option to keep...

As I type this, never mind he will get a refund and the remaining coins will be sold first come first served to competitors with at least 3 FB3G's under there belt. 2010 can be number 3.

Hope this helps!

thanks! looking forward to getting mine in just a few days!

Edited by RWF

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if the miss is a 30 second penalty?

What then?

Much speculation on this one particular shot - none of which has been validated by the match staff. Asking a shooter to make a 2 MOA off-hand shot at 200 yards in a 3-gun match is unreasonable. If the penalty is 30 seconds, it really won't matter because the vast majority of competitors (at least 80%, probably higher) can't make that shot on demand.

I recall one stage at BR3G this last year where there was a chance at the end of the stage to get a raffle ticket for ??? I don't recall what ??.

You had to make a prone shot within a few seconds of the "fire" command to hit a soda/beer can hanging at 75 yards. I asked the RO's how many hit it and they said about half of the shooters did.

A soda can at 75 yards is larger than a 3 min target wide and a 6 min target high, I missed the Dam^%* thing ...twice...

From last year's thread, but we have a lot of new shooters coming:

Main gate entry ONLY until you have checked in at the visitors center. The main gate is on the Georgia side of Ft Benning where I-185 ends.

The gate is open 24 hours. Check in whenever it is convenient for you. All civilian vehicles entering Ft. Benning must have a "Visitor Pass". To obtain your visitor pass you must stop at the visitor center located on the left-hand side of Interstate 185 about 100 feet before the Main Gate checkpoint. (Interstate 185 South ends at the front gate of Fort Benning).

You MUST have a current driver's license, proof of insurance and a copy of the vehicle registration. If you are driving a rental vehicle the rental documents will serve as vehicle registration and insurance if obtained. At the Main Gate Checkpoint 100 percent ID check is required. The Visitor's Pass can be good for all days of the match so that you do not have to go through the process again on the second day. It can take 15 to 30 minutes, depending on how busy it is.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

From last year's thread, but we have a lot of new shooters coming:

Main gate entry ONLY until you have checked in at the visitors center. The main gate is on the Georgia side of Ft Benning where I-185 ends.

The gate is open 24 hours. Check in whenever it is convenient for you. All civilian vehicles entering Ft. Benning must have a "Visitor Pass". To obtain your visitor pass you must stop at the visitor center located on the left-hand side of Interstate 185 about 100 feet before the Main Gate checkpoint. (Interstate 185 South ends at the front gate of Fort Benning).

You MUST have a current driver's license, proof of insurance and a copy of the vehicle registration. If you are driving a rental vehicle the rental documents will serve as vehicle registration and insurance if obtained. At the Main Gate Checkpoint 100 percent ID check is required. The Visitor's Pass can be good for all days of the match so that you do not have to go through the process again on the second day. It can take 15 to 30 minutes, depending on how busy it is.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Thanks for reposting this Linda. I wasn't sure if I should be more worried about everyone laughing at my full body scan at the airport, me not hitting the 1/32 MOA target at 1000 yards, or not getting to the match until 10:00 because I couldn't get on post.

You got me covered in getting on post now I just gotta figure out how to shoot and change my anatomy in 3 days;)

Edited by jtischauser

Some of the Gate people can be great some can push the rule. As in Texas drivers not carrying vehicle registration in the car.

take the pass off the dash when we leave the base at night, I did not know that my wife had put it in her purse. She got very very sick that night and stayed at the room the next day. so, we/ I left the pass in the room the second day and ,the one guy at the gate. was not going to issues a new pass & let us on the base ,and was not going to verify the vehicle Id number off the truck ,like the nice lady did the first day and the year before.

The # is on the insurance card , I think what happened was someone else signed off on it and the "one guy" was prickly about it.

Edited by AlamoShooter

Linda:

I have not seen anything about the sight in range this year. Can you tell us when it will be open?

Charles

The details concerning the Zero range were in the confirmation message sent to every shooter registered for the match & were repeated just last week in a post on this forum dated 11-21-2010 (post # 547). And for anyone who has shot this match in the past, it is the same schedule & procedure we have used the last 4 years.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Anyone see a 4th slug target on stage 8 besides me?

That would be the 150yd half size popper Dan was talking about last month..... he sure giggled about that one !

Why would anyone think that the long range half size popper must not be shot with birdshot? After all, we are shooting our rifles through the eye of a needle. :blink:

But on closer inspection I see two paper and one too many other targets for us not to be using a slug on the activator poppers for the long range swinger.

Edited by Charles Bond

Anyone see a 4th slug target on stage 8 besides me?

That would be the 150yd half size popper Dan was talking about last month..... he sure giggled about that one !

There is a cardboard target hidden behind a barrel about in the center of the berm all the way in the back .....

There are 2 poppers on the right with a swinging paper, popper 1 activates the swinger, swinger requires one hit.....by the walls it looks as if the second popper there can only be taken with a slug from the start position. Thats the 3 slugs that are required in WSB, but there is the other paper hidden.... might be a prop gun target?

In just a few more hours we will all know for certain what forms of stage design dementia we will really face. Diagrams NEVER do justice to the efforts of the stage builders. Sure, they may have pretty colors and fancy words, but it is what they put on the ground and what they tell us at the time we show up that matters. All else is conjecture.

But if it were not for the conjecture, this board would have about 1/10th the posts it has!

See you all on Thursday.

While we are discussing stages am I reading the description for Stage 3 correctly? 22 slugs? 2 slugs required per T1-T11? :blink:

Yep apparently somebody wanted us to burn up all of our beer money on one stage. That stage should be sponosred by Remington Slugger's or Fiocchi Aero's.

Could this possibly be the most expensive (ammo cost per stage) for a shooter at a major 3gun match (excluding Iron Man). I'm at $20-$22 for the slugs plus pistol ammo cost? I remember seeing the original round count of 26 slugs and thinking to myself: "wow there is going to be a lot of mid to long range slug shots, glad I pratice frequently at 50 and 100yds." A little disappointed to see 22 of them in a CQB hose fest. Lastly, do you really every need to shoot somebody twice with slugs in a CQB situation? :ph34r: I need to double check the scoring method used I'm guessing it is not 1A hit only required to neutralize target? It's not going to make my file for Chapter 11, but it is a waste of perfectly good beer money. :cheers:

A little disappointed to see 22 of them in a CQB hose fest. Lastly, do you really every need to shoot somebody twice with slugs in a CQB situation? :ph34r: I need to double check the scoring method used I'm guessing it is not 1A hit only required to neutralize target? It's not going to make my file for Chapter 11, but it is a waste of perfectly good beer money. :cheers:

I am sure someone would glady take your spot. :D

I am not going, but maybe at least wait until after you shoot to give stage feedback.

I don't think I would complain about the cost of ammo for a stage at Ft. Benning. Think about the time and expense they contribute to put on a match that is excellent in all respects. They are a great bunch of people doing a great job putting on a first class match that they don't even shoot in. Don't insult them when you have not even seen the stage. It is a privilege as a civilian to be allowed to participate in the match on a U S Army Base.