Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving Up In Class - 2004

Shooter Grrl

Now you need to go to the Steel Challenge and take KC and JJ to school!  ;)

haha well i'm not nearly as experienced as KC, JoJo, or JJ - I've shot with all three of them before, and as far as I know - I'm a noob compared to them ;)

Much improvement is still needed- once you get a GM card, it doesn't mean you can slack off - b/c for me - i have to keep dry-firing daily, shoot at least once a week to get better. I'm still a screw up , haha, still need to be more consistent in those major matches .

But rhino - we have a handful of filipino shooters here in texas south section (houston-beaumont) area. Most of them are Masters now, and Athena Lee is with us.

There is also one of the other junior grandmasters - travis hartzell - so i think i have plenty of people to train with around here. its really great shooting with peers too :)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did this happen.........I've been working on getting my M card in Production and decided to shoot a some Limited one weekend. I knew I had made M in production before the results came out so the excitement had kind of warn off before the update. But I get into work the other morning and my good friend TURTLE says good job, I said for what? "For making GM in Limited".......All I can say is :o . I guess working, practicing and shooting with guys like the Turtle and Phil will make a difference, concidering I did not start shooting USPSA or any sport until March of 2002. All of my shooting to that point had been based around the military and tactics, not a sport. But I can't relax now, now I really have to work my butt off. And for all of you that gave tips and advice, Thank you, and I'll still take it if you offer it. Regardless of classification, you can always make improvements.

JLJ

PS. Congrats Turtle on making GM in Prod. Good Job Man!!! :D

But rhino - we have a handful of filipino shooters here in texas south section (houston-beaumont) area. Most of them are Masters now, and Athena Lee is with us.

See? I'm a disappointment to our people! :lol:

Is Athena married? :rolleyes:

Jonsey,

Thanks for the kind words.

GM in 2 years, you are the man for sure! It's cool that we made it in the same month... the journey together has been fun, and we're only now just beginning. Congratulations again, and also to everyone else in BE land that has improved recently.

Regards,

Todd

P.S. Sorry that I missed the party, Jonesy. Things for me have been kinda crazy and I just couldn't make it. I honestly thought it wasn't until around Memorial Day...duh. :blink:

Thanks Matt, it does feel good. Now I need to actually get to work and train or I'm gonna get spanked. I know a lot of us are in the same boat, trying to juggle family, work, shooting, etc., so I don't really have an excuse. I'm looking foward to the rest of the shooting season, It's going to be great! Also looking foward to shooting with you soon (summer blast or buckeye blast?).

Regards,

Todd

Thanks Matt, it does feel good. Now I need to actually get to work and train or I'm gonna get spanked. I know a lot of us are in the same boat, trying to juggle family, work, shooting, etc., so I don't really have an excuse. I'm looking foward to the rest of the shooting season, It's going to be great! Also looking foward to shooting with you soon (summer blast or buckeye blast?).

Regards,

Todd

I'll see you at the Summer Blast!

Man, there actually could be 3 Production GM's there. That should make everybody that likes having a match factored as a classifier happy. I remember the good ole days where the only place you would ever see a Production GM, much less 3 of them would be Nats.

Hey, that could work! And the carabao angle works nicely with my heritage. Of course, I'll need to find a new image of a goofy water buffalo instead of a goofy rhino, then change my userid to carabao, and then ...

Maybe I should dry fire instead!

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I continue to creep upwards in Limited10 (52.337% last month), and this time I even moved up a little in Limited:

LIMITED Class: C Current Pct: 49.189 High Percent: 49.189

LIMITED10 Class: C Current Pct: 54.193 High Percent: 54.193

A year ago I was a D class Limited shooter.

Took a class from Matt Burkett.

Kodiak Precision built my Limited gun.

I just made B class Limited. I just barely squeaked in.

Matt's class was a big step.

Don (Kodiak Precision) has helped my shooting alot, his advice and humor are always appreciated.

The boys at Tuesday Night Steel at Rio Salado have been kind enough to help me along the way.

I can't thank my friends at Rio Grande Practical Shooter Club enough.

just made M in Limited this month. Had to put the doubters to rest about my 6 inch gun. Took 3 years but finally made it. Switching to Open next month and hoping it won't take as long to get M there.