Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

J frame addiction

Northern Xtreme

I sold a S&W Chiefs special mdl 36 a few years ago and always regretted it, so when I got the chance to buy a nice pinned barrel 36 at the gun show last month I figured I owed it to myself.

Then a few weeks ago I found a model 640 in .357 magnum for sale and since i always wanted one of them I figured I should buy it also.

Yesterday I just added a pre-lock model 642 Airweight 38 special to the fold of J frames because I plan to put a Crimson Trace on it and use it for a carry gun.

I really like these little guns and I've always wanted a humpback bodyguard so it looks like I will end up with at least 4 J frames before I am done.

Anyone else suffering from the same problem?

3" HB 36-1 NYPD snubby and a 49 both carried in Alessi (RIP my friend) Watch Six Dual Talon holsters or Alessi IWB LH holster for weak side. Traded off my 9MM 60 to a friend recently.

Favorite short barreled S&W is a highly customized 2.5" 66-1 I have owned for a long time. I have all the options on it I could do to make it work for me including night sights.

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

As for my J-Frame collection, I currently only have the following:

And a Pro Series 637 PowerPort I just aquired last Friday. I sold a non-pinned, refinished M36 to purchase the 637. It should make for dandy use in BUG division and it carries quite nicely!

Not finished with J-Frames either! I just know that eventually they'll come out with a 632 snubnosed .327 Federal.

Great, I knew it was a disease and you guys just confirmed it. I just found a model 12-2 that wont let me be.

I know its not a J frame, so maybe my issues are worse than I originally thought, I think they extend to all snubbies.

At least noone can say I am trying to compensate for anything!

OK, you have made the first step, you admitted you have a problem, now all you have to do is send me one or 2 of the offending revos, and I will care for them, until you get your life back on track, I'm here to help

i've had a couple of 36s, a 60, a 442 (i think) i gave my mom, and a 340PD. goin to get a 3" 60 next time i'm home and use it in outlaw ICORE BUG class.

They're absolutely awful to shoot with magnums. I have a pretty strong grip, and I'm not particularly recoil-sensitive, and I won't shoot the 340PD/SC series anymore with hot loads. I don't want nerve damage in my hands.

They're absolutely awful to shoot with magnums. I have a pretty strong grip, and I'm not particularly recoil-sensitive, and I won't shoot the 340PD/SC series anymore with hot loads. I don't want nerve damage in my hands.

If I get one I was thinking of shooting just a few full house loads (I've got plenty) to make sure the POI was on and then only routinely shooting it with .38Spl for practice. If I'm forced to use it, I'm not going to be overly worried about my wrists/hands being sore afterward. :surprise: My 640 is pretty reasonable with full power ammo, but it weighs more than twice what the 340 does. R,

I agree and think that is why my hands are as bad as they are :angry:

I went to an auction preview yesterday, thay had at least 50 J frames and even more Colt Detectives.

Luckily I took my family skiing today and didnt go to the auction or I know I would have spent to much. They had a Flatlatch Nickle bodyguard in mint condition with the original box that I really, really wanted!

God only knows how high I might have gone for it! I will cry if my buddy tells me it went fairly cheap. If I know him he will probably ask me if I want to see his new gun and it will be that bodyguard!

I agree on the Scandium frame, to me its the perfect carry gun, magnum power in a package you dont mind carrying.

I would probably do the same as G Man, when you had to use it, and the chemical cocktail started flowing you would never notice the recoil, hell your ears wouldnt even ring from the shots.

Edited by Northern Xtreme