Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GlockTriggers.com Edge Trigger

Shooter32

Thanks for the ruling everybody.

Ultimately the only "ruling" that would count would be from John Amidon, if you're really concerned. You could request an official ruling through the e-mail link to him in NROI portion of the USPSA Web site.

Curtis

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cyclone, my Production trigger has some slack taken out, and still remains legal.

What cannot be performed (in Production) are external mods like the mentioned trigger shoe relocation or deactivation of the trigger safety. Any chrono guy worth their salt at a match will check for these two things.

And I'm still waiting on the pix from this new trigger. New products are exciting, and being a Glocker I am very curious to see what this new product has to offer :)

I took some pics of the triggers today and they turned out like s*** !! You can see alot more of what you want from the Glocktrigger website . Sorry but with the polished surfaces and the lighting you could not tell anything about the pics , they looked like small piles of blurry metal !! :angry2:

^ :roflol:

I know what you mean Shooter32...taking pictures of small shiny metallic parts can be a huge pain in the butt. I have found that you need to take them in the sunlight as opposed to using flash.

Thank you for the effort though :)

Actually, speaking as someone who's been taking photos for gun articles for, oh, 20 years, your best bet in that situation is an overcast day. Failing that, second best bet is open shade. That will get rid of the "hot spots" on shiny steel but won't cure the "blurry" part. For this sort of close-in work on small parts you really do need a macro lens.

That is what i have heard about taking gun and part photos . That a micro lens is the way to go . All i have is a el-cheapo digital that is more trouble than is is worth , i really need a new camera but it will have to wait because i want a new STI first !! :D

OK, new guy here. Hello all!

I am transitioning out of Cowboy Action. I am used ot the SAA triggers. You touch it, it goes boom. My G34 is not that way. I do not mind the pretravel, but the creep is killing me. I will pull and pull, seems like forever, and pull again till it goes off. I bought the AGI "Making Glocks Rock" video and it is very good, stoned what they said to stone and polished everything they said to polish, and it is much smoother, but there is still a ton of creep.

Do you feel, OP or anyone else please, the Glocktrigger or Vanek will help me get rid of much of the creep, or would I be better served with a new striker and safety plunger? I have a SS guide rod on order, and will try a 13# or 15#, and have taped the grips so those bases are covered. Again, I will be shooting production.

Thank you and please, if I asked this in the wrong place, let me know, I will repost as necessary (along with pm, or whatever). I just hate the tought of spending un-necessary money, don't mind if it will help. I don't have a single action revolver that I haven't had stoned, or upgraded triggers or springs on or something. I do not want to send my Glock away either. I shoot or dryfire at least daily, and couldn't bear to part with it that long.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Gene :D

Hi Gene,

I recently purchased 2 triggers from glocktriggers.com, Jeff was very helpful over the phone for me. I purchased a "Limited" and a "Challenger". I have been to the range with both triggers installed and I was pleased with everything. The Limited Trigger has the pre travel removed and the challenger doesn't. If you have questions about what you should get go to the BE Vendor Tent, look for the glocktriggers link there and ask Jeff on his vendor page. I pasted the link below for you to save you the time looking around. I purchased these triggers to see if the hype was true. So far I'm going to say "YES" its all true. The triggers I purchased are awesome. I had been shooting my G17 and G34 stock for a while before I decided to make these changes. I dry fired both triggers at home before going to the range and I noticed a huge difference over stock with both triggers. I will be using the "Challenger" for IDPA SSP. I got the "Limited" so I can practice for ESP.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=103146

Gene, I would definitely get the Edge trigger. The one Jeff sent me had ZERO pre-travel.

OK, new guy here. Hello all!

I am transitioning out of Cowboy Action. I am used ot the SAA triggers. You touch it, it goes boom. My G34 is not that way. I do not mind the pretravel, but the creep is killing me. I will pull and pull, seems like forever, and pull again till it goes off. I bought the AGI "Making Glocks Rock" video and it is very good, stoned what they said to stone and polished everything they said to polish, and it is much smoother, but there is still a ton of creep.

Do you feel, OP or anyone else please, the Glocktrigger or Vanek will help me get rid of much of the creep, or would I be better served with a new striker and safety plunger? I have a SS guide rod on order, and will try a 13# or 15#, and have taped the grips so those bases are covered. Again, I will be shooting production.

Thank you and please, if I asked this in the wrong place, let me know, I will repost as necessary (along with pm, or whatever). I just hate the tought of spending un-necessary money, don't mind if it will help. I don't have a single action revolver that I haven't had stoned, or upgraded triggers or springs on or something. I do not want to send my Glock away either. I shoot or dryfire at least daily, and couldn't bear to part with it that long.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Gene :D

*QUOTE*

Pretravel slack can be eliminated by internal measures, just not external.

That's correct, I put a pin the the ejector housing to limit movement of the cruciform sear.

HOWEVER

If pretravel is reduced in order for the trigger safety to work it must be re slotted where it enters the the frame. Is this legal for production?

Edited by the duck of death

Tested them both and wanted to give my 2c. I own a range and had the opportunity to shoot a G17 with vanek and with Glocktriggers one after the other. I'm not sure the exact model numbers/names of each one but I noticed the following:

The vanek seemed to have manipulated (shaved) the trigger bar assembly where it hits the firing pin safety. The metal comes to a point that made me a little uncomfortable that the safety would actually engage/disengage at the correct time. The drop safety channel was obstructed by a set screw seemingly disabled the drop safety as well although I'm not an expert on that and maybe he figured a work around, yet I couldn't figure it out. In my non-pro Glock armorer mind this could lead to slamfiring or other maladies although I didn't experience any.

The Glocktriggers kept the same form as stock which seemed a safer alternative to me. The reset on the Glocktriggers was definitely crisper than the Vanek. When I mean crisp I mean the reset is fairly forceful with a definite click where the vanek was a little mushy. Less positive would be fair. Was it unacceptable? No. Was the Glocktrigger more crisp? Yes.

The pre travel was almost non existent in the Glocktriggers and as a bonus the trigger itself sat closer to the rear of the gun so if you had small hands it was easier to engage. I don't have small hands and appreciated the noticeable lack of pre-travel. I would say the vanek was good yet not as cleanly done.

The "pull" was not metered at the test. My finger couldn't tell the difference in release weight between the two. I would give them a draw and both were nice.

In conclusion: I felt that both the Glocktriggers and the Vanek were vast improvements over stock. I would give the Glocktriggers a thumbs up for their design that seemed safer in comparison to the vanek which seemed to disable the drop safety and manipulated the firing pin safety, for the crisper reset and for the take up in pre-travel. I'm not sure of the price difference at this writing.

Do you have one of these triggers at your range? I saw that the builder was local. I live right up the road and would love to compare my Vanek Classic to these new triggers so I can share with the forum members. I even have some comp range time on my account from where I bought a pistol there.

By the way, don't be concerned about the safety of the Vanek design, he has about a billion satisfied customers.

One more thing to the forum members, this guy owns by far the nicest indoor range I have ever seen. It' unreal.

*QUOTE*

Pretravel slack can be eliminated by internal measures, just not external.

That's correct, I put a pin the the ejector housing to limit movement of the cruciform sear.

HOWEVER

If pretravel is reduced in order for the trigger safety to work it must be re slotted where it enters the the frame. Is this legal for production?

No. It is visible from the outside.

Jack

OK, so I bought a trigger and put it in. It took all of about 2 minutes.

I installed in this order:

First I installed the striker and plunger spring. I put the gun back together and tried my stone and polish job. Dang, it felt really good! Way better. I feel I needed to add that I have polished the portion of the striker that protrudes through the slide, along with the top. Basically the work suggested in the "Making Glocks Rock" video from AGI.

Then, I removed my trigger group. I inspected the new trigger group. I found the entire assembly to be very "shiny". I noticed that the connector had been reduced to lighten the trigger pull. I felt that the trigger bar's "hump", the part that contacts the safety plunger, was not as smooth as my own job, but it was still very good. I did not remove the cruciform to inspect that portion of the mechanism.

I put about a half a drop of EWL2000 on the point of contact between the cruciform and the connector. I installed the new "Challenger" trigger group, and did a test of all safety features. Everything performed flawlessly.

All I can say is "WOW"! I am dumbfounded. I was going to so back and stone and repolish the "hump", but have decided it is not necessary.

Dry fire was brought to a new level, so I decided to go punch some paper. Using factory PMC Bronze 115grain FMJ ammo, I did some slow fire. My group at 7 yards was basically one big ragged hole. No flyer, no anything but a surprise detonation of 5 rounds. I then did some quick double-taps and was pleasantly surprised when I discovered my second shot was much closer to my first. More so than without the new trigger. I then did some strong and weak handed fire. Again, I felt all rounds grouped much better. Will I go to my next USPSA shoot and beat the competition into the ground like a dung beatle? Naw, only practice will do that, but I really think it is going to be a part of getting me there.

In conclusion, simply stated, this is a great trigger. I think that if you are looking for fast service, a great product at a fair price, and doing something that will enhance the performance of your Glock, yet not over do it. Look no more. I would buy this trigger again, in a heartbeat. I also have to add that a Glock is what it is. It is not a 1911. The way the striker functions will never let it be that way. This I have learned, but if you want a smooth shooting firearm, that functions the best that it can for competition, this is a great start.

Your Pal,

WG

Edited by Wild Gene

5 of Clubs... thanks for the compliment on Openrange. We appreciate comments. I don't carry Glocktriggers in stock nor do I have any monetary interest in the company. The owner of Glocktriggers is a customer of our and I'm sure he'd be happy to meet you or any other folks local when he's shooting here to show you the trigger in action.

To be clear I have no information on a Vanek trigger being unsafe. I am just going by my armorer training and the fact that one of the safeties seems to be defeated (by my visual inspection). This may not be a huge concern in competition although if I have a choice I'd rather have all the safeties intact. I personally have seen guns fly out of folks hands and if they were to negligently discharge because of a defeated safety that would not make me warm and cozy. Vanek has a great reputation. Its good there are choices.

5 of Clubs... thanks for the compliment on Openrange. We appreciate comments. I don't carry Glocktriggers in stock nor do I have any monetary interest in the company. The owner of Glocktriggers is a customer of our and I'm sure he'd be happy to meet you or any other folks local when he's shooting here to show you the trigger in action.

To be clear I have no information on a Vanek trigger being unsafe. I am just going by my armorer training and the fact that one of the safeties seems to be defeated (by my visual inspection). This may not be a huge concern in competition although if I have a choice I'd rather have all the safeties intact. I personally have seen guns fly out of folks hands and if they were to negligently discharge because of a defeated safety that would not make me warm and cozy. Vanek has a great reputation. Its good there are choices.

The owner of Glocktriggers sent me an extremely cordial and generous PM for me to try out his products locally when we can get together, an offer that I am most happy to accept. I have not had a change to compare his products to the one I am familier with, however I would be willing to bet his customer service is awesome based on my personal experience with him. When we get together I will share my impressions with the forum.

In addition, I meant what I said about your range. It's like something out of a movie. It's also clean enough that you could open a sandwich shop in there.

Keep helping your buddy sell triggers, but you keep casting doubt (2 whopping posts) about my work and almost dwell on the fact about safeties.

I check the safeties to make sure they are working before shipped, plus my customers get instructions on how to check ALL safeties when they get their trigger(s).

Now what a person does with the trigger after they receive it....then of course safeties can be defeated and I have no control over this. Hell, even the Jeff states that on his website.

I have hundreds of satisfied customers and not one has said or had a problem with my "drop safety". I don't have to explain my work or actions to you, but back off about my work unless you can prove different.

I have just installed a Vanek Super trigger kit in a G24C and an "Edge" in a G24 and all the safeties work in both guns. In my Glock armorer class we preformed physical checks of the safeties not visual checks which is how I checked both guns. Once I have a chance to get to the range I will be submitting a post of how the triggers compare and how they differ but the standard they will be compared to is the 1 1/2# Vanek trigger in a G21.

Wild Gene, just out of curiosity, in which sport are you using your Glock? What's your class and division? Which Glock are you using?

Hi Duane! You must be feeling better. Anyway, I am shooting a G34. I am shooting Production. As I stated earlier, I am new to USPSA, although this is my 4th Glock (it is also the only one I still own). I did not install the "EDGE", I put in one of the "CHALLENGER" units. I have not shot a match with the new trigger. My first match, March 21st, I got my rear kicked! I may never amount to much as a shooter in this game, but have competed in other shooting sports. I stated my honest experience with the trigger, nothing more, nothing less. I had about 1000 rounds through my G34 plus or minus 200 (dang, now that I think about it, it may be more like 2,000 rounds). I have only 50 rounds through my new trigger. I figure on shooting a match next Sunday, the 11th, so by then should have a few hundred rounds with the new trigger unit. If I have any problems, you guys will be the third to know (me first, Jeff second).

When I was trigger shopping, the only other one I was considering was the Vanek. I am sure they are both very good units. The reason I went with the Glocktriggers.com unit was that I liked what I was reading. I called Jeff, and he was down right interesting to talk to. I am not afraid to try a startup company either. I knew I wouldn't be out much if I didn't like the way it functioned.

You get on the web, you are going to read stuff that blames problems on the product when it is more likely the man. I can not imagine that a properly installed trigger, put into a pistol that was not too messed up already, would defeat safeties without express written notification. I think if Mr. Vanek says they are all intact, then they are. I had a cowboy rifle that was custom and had one of the safeties defeated, and I couldn't let anyone else shoot it. They would jam the gun or mess something up. It is just not worth it.

Choice is good, I just chose Jeff, not Charlie. I would really like to try a Vanek too, but have not, so can not comment on them other than they have a very good reputation. Some people like XD's, others Glocks.

Good Shoot'in,

WG

I have just installed a Vanek Super trigger kit in a G24C and an "Edge" in a G24 and all the safeties work in both guns. In my Glock armorer class we preformed physical checks of the safeties not visual checks which is how I checked both guns. Once I have a chance to get to the range I will be submitting a post of how the triggers compare and how they differ but the standard they will be compared to is the 1 1/2# Vanek trigger in a G21.

That is going to be very interesting! I can't wait.

WG