Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People who won't clean snow off their cars!

G-ManBart

Upon moving to a northern state where I figured people had a lot of experience in dealing with snow I guess I expected people would know it's a bad idea to drive without clearing most of the snow off their cars....but I was wrong. It seems ever fourth idiot driving around has half a foot of snow on their roof and only some of the windows partially cleared. Even when it's not snowing and you're driving behind one of these morons you have to keep cleaning your windshield and dodging huge chunks as they fly off. I understand not wanting to get cold while clearing your car, but come on, this shouldn't really be optional. Lazy, lazy, lazy :angry:

You are discovering the joy/pain of being a Michigan driver. The law only requires that you clean your windows and it is a joy to see that they have cleaned the windshield as they use the Interstate number as the speed limit. Luckily you are not entering town from the east or west on I94.

I don't like those folks either but sometimes I'm on of them, it is nearly impossible to clear the snow from the roof rack of a Nissan Xterra. On the bright side you can control how far behind those folks you drive. Remember, you don't have to tailgate them even though it may seem it is the law in places like New Jersey. :rolleyes:

I don't like those folks either but sometimes I'm on of them, it is nearly impossible to clear the snow from the roof rack of a Nissan Xterra. On the bright side you can control how far behind those folks you drive. Remember, you don't have to tailgate them even though it may seem it is the law in places like New Jersey. :rolleyes:

Then you don't have the right tools.....

....or Kathy's not asking you to clean the roof off.... :P :P

Here is what I hate. I was crossing a bridge today when ice hit my roof about 100 feet above. It came from the top of the trestle. I was told I must pay for it out of my pocket. The top of my roof on my Dodge Truck has four dents and the light inside fell off the roof. It sounded like a gun shot. I did not react in such a way that caused an accident. But part of this is coming out of my pocket. The bridge employee said it was from God. I said you should have advised all the people who were crossing the river. I saw one vehicle on the other side with a smashed windshield.

On the roadway was many broken pieces of ice. I was told by one person I will need a new roof.

It becomes even harder when you have a ski rack up on your roof rack. If I am at home I bring out one of those folding contractor benches and get up on it with a long handled broom. Still I only manage to get most of of it off.