Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Hogue Grip

stingerjg

• 4 weeks later...

it works really well. its not soft like one of those padded seats. It kind of feels like sitting on a handgun. The seat is never cold, like a plastic one. Im not sure if it is worth the $$ my wife paid for it, but i like it.

And no it will never be put in my dishwasher.

I showed these to the wife and she wasn't thrilled. I even showed her a couple Hogue grips I have and she thought it would feel too weird.

BTW...theoretically the steam and temperatures in the dry cycle of a dishwasher will sterilize just about anything. Homebrewers that still bottle their beer regularly use the dishwasher sterilization method. So, in theory, any nasties that were hanging out on on the "butt grip" would die a horrible death in the dishwasher.

But somehow I just can't bring myself to thinking that a toilet seat in the dishwasher is a good idea.

On the other hand, if you had a bunch of unwanted folks hanging around too long (like some relatives seem to want to do) popping open the dishwasher and removing the old toilet seat might just remove the offending scum....errr...relatives rather rapidly. Might be more effective than letting the dog clean the plates and then stacking them back in the cupboard. ;)

Might be more effective than letting the dog clean the plates and then stacking them back in the cupboard. ;)

What?! There's nothing like a hound cleaned plate!!

Ray C.

P.S. It's environmentally friendly, no electricity is being used!

• 5 years later...
You gotta be shiznitting me? What's really funny is that is comes with a heated seat option. :D

Wow - who'd a thunk it - a toilet seat by Hogue!

When I was a very young kid, "my" bathroom was in the basement... and in the winter the toilet seat would be REALLY cold. I can still remember telling my dad that someone should invent a toilet seat with a warmer in it.

be