Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry fire app for iPhone

Slim Pickens

I came across this app while looking for a timer for my dry fire drills and I quite like it. It doesn't come with any pre-loaded drills unfortunately, but what's neat is that you can combine various drills into a regimen. I've been using it for sight acquisition drills; it's got a voice command and then a beep and a target pops up on the screen for X number of seconds. So I've been putting it at various places across the room and just been working on that. The developer has a blog with a list of suggested drills as well, but I haven't really tried any of those yet. Anyway just a heads up for anyone looking for something to help with their dry fire practice.

DFTSpringboard.png

Drills and video to be found here

Hello my name is Elliott and I created the app. If you have questions send me a PM and I'll be glad to help. I'm not allowed to promote any product here but I figure answering your questions would not be a bad thing. If so then I would ask the admins to send me a pm letting me know. Again Thank You for purchasing the app.

• 1 month later...

If you could include some pre-loaded drills in an update to the app that would be great.

quote name='ecolon' date='16 February 2010 - 05:23 AM' timestamp='1266323003' post='1154465']

Hello my name is Elliott and I created the app. If you have questions send me a PM and I'll be glad to help. I'm not allowed to promote any product here but I figure answering your questions would not be a bad thing. If so then I would ask the admins to send me a pm letting me know. Again Thank You for purchasing the app.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been using it on my daughter's ipod touch. Took some time to figure out how to set it, but once it's figured out it works great. I used to use my CED8000 for quite dryfire practice at night with the earphones, but this took its place. I also use it for airsoft.

What I like....you can set custom drills, combine drills to make a regimen and add notes or info like par times. Shooter ready commands, delay, par times. It can do everything a good timer can do besides picking up the sound of an actual shot, but it wasn't designed as timer. It's a dryfire tool. I setup the entire IDPA Classifier according to my custom par times and have it setup as 3 regimens - 1 per stage.

What I would like to see (future updates?) a reset or back or return or pause button? Unless I'm missing it, once you start a regimen you have to quit the app to get back to the main menu.

A way to add custom time between drills in a regimen, sometimes they come at you pretty fast.

Other than that, it works really well. Thanks for making it.

Edited by Filishooter

I've been using it on my daughter's ipod touch. Took some time to figure out how to set it, but once it's figured out it works great. I used to use my CED8000 for quite dryfire practice at night with the earphones, but this took its place. I also use it for airsoft.

What I like....you can set custom drills, combine drills to make a regimen and add notes or info like par times. Shooter ready commands, delay, par times. It can do everything a good timer can do and more.

What I would like to see (future updates?) a reset or back or return or pause button? Unless I'm missing it, once you start a regimen you either have to finish it or quit the app to get back to the main menu.

A way to add custom time between drills in a regimen, sometimes they come at you pretty fast.

Other than that, it works really well.

• 6 months later...