Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What`s Up With SIG FORUMS.COM

Black Dog

they banned those type of emails to register with because it substantially limits spammers. Can you get an email with your internet service provider (comcast or roadrunner.. etc) ? I think they're letting inbox.com emails sign up. Dumb to sign up for another email just to get registered I know.

Use to be a member years ago. Tried to register again and they won`t accept Hotmail OR GMail addresses and they have it set so you ( or I at least ) can`t send the Owner/Mods EMails ???

Has this become a "Closed Club " ?

I have also noticed that the site seems to be very locked-down. It has always bugged me that a long-time member in good standing is "Verboten" from using the PM feature... angry.gif

I didnt think PM was available for anyone ?

It used to be. I haven't been active on sigforum for a while but I've done a couple deals via PM there in the past. Hummm... It always was a bit of an odd site. You could really P.O. the owner / admins just by typing "CDNN" over there. :unsure:

It used to be. I haven't been active on sigforum for a while but I've done a couple deals via PM there in the past. Hummm... It always was a bit of an odd site. You could really P.O. the owner / admins just by typing "CDNN" over there. :unsure:

the name that shall not be spoken.. :ph34r:

do not use inbox.com -- full of malware/spyware - slithers right into your various places -- find one like gmx.com (not great but works for the purpose) - sig forum will accept it - I think the issue of pm is confused with email -- in the profile you can post your email and people can contact you - for the more parnoid puppies who don't post their email - they will usually contact you if you ask them to regarding something they are selling - gmx is free so you can just have that set up with Dash RipRock for a name if you want to use for sig forum if your running ads - otherwise once you have joined you can just contact the person from yahoo or hotmail and they will have your real email address you use most of the time - or your secondary one..

I think its worth the effort to just have access to the classifieds.

the name that shall not be spoken.. :ph34r:

The name that shall not be spoken! LOL! I'd forgotten that. Thanks, it made me laugh!! :cheers:

The name that shall not be spoken! Yeah, I had forgotten about those threads too. I understand that there are histories and back stories that I do not need to know the specifics of... but it always confused me....

How do you learn the name that shall not be spoken if no one ever speaks it? Just go along your way and then mention a person or retailer and get beaten up over it??? I am on different forums to learn and occasionally help others. I will have different experiences with individuals .. so ..

• 3 weeks later...

But try to imagine any genre of web site where it's more difficult to maintain high standards than a gun-brand specific site. It just can't be easy, and I have to say, SigForum has done an incredible job of maintaining a civil, well-regarded place to visit and get reliable information from. I was booted out, and deservedly so, and asked several times to redeem myself. Like this place, it's a site (and group of members) worth treating well. I truly regret having lost my composure there, because I feel it's one of the best forums available.

Edited by Bongo Boy

• 2 months later...

I tried the other nite to register for the site and was told my email was banned from there.I've never been a registered user of that website so i dont know how i got banned.And i use aol email not gmail or yahoo servers ? oh well guess its not meant to be

Edited by midwest-uspsa-shooter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...