Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buckeye Challenge

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm amazed at the amount of production shooters you guys have. Almost half the entire field is shooting production.

It look like us single stackers are going to be pretty lonely!

United we stand! bring on the haters, haha.

Used to be us Glock shooters were a standing alone.

Wonder what happened...

I'm amazed at the amount of production shooters you guys have. Almost half the entire field is shooting production.

It look like us single stackers are going to be pretty lonely!

United we stand! bring on the haters, haha.

Used to be us Glock shooters were a standing alone.

Wonder what happened...

More people embraced the alternative lifestyle I guess, JUST KIDDING!

It will be a good match no matter what the weather. One of the issues I'm worrying about is parking. If it is very wet we could have "issues".

We will begin setup early Friday morning as soon as I get off of work. I just got some of the awards in yesterday. I think you folks will like them.

We are still getting people signing up. I got 4 more in the mail and looking for 2 more by Saturday. I have another "NEW" squad list but I'm not going to post until probably Saturday. Most of you have not moved squads but a few have. I'm trying to get everyone in with the people they would like to shoot with. After all this is a social event as well as a competition. I have a lot of things to think about and get done so I won't be near a computer for the next couple of days.

See you folks at the match. I hope it meets your expectations.

DJ

good luck with the squadding requests, haha. I cant wait for this weekend. i have to work sat morning and go to wedding mid afternoon, but then we'll be headed that way!!

What time is too late to swing by the range Sat night to check things out? im not sure what time i'll be getting in, but Id like to check things out Sat if possible. Also, i think you posted somewhere registration begins at 8:00. when will the range open up? (mainly thinking if I cant make it there Sat night, Id like to get there early Sun to check out the stags)

I'm sure I'll be there early. Probably about 7:00am or so. I have no idea exactly when I will lock the gate to the range. I guess after I am done getting things ready. :goof:

Sorry I can't give you an exact time but like a lot of our new shooters this is all new to me too.

Will there be a decent place at the range for motorcycle parking?

IL-SIG,

We have different types of parking areas, which range from compacted gravel, loose gravel and grass.

-Andy

ALERT!!

If your directions have you coming to the range on route 50 then Stonelick williams corner road FIND A DETOUR. The covered bridge is closed due to the heavy storms last night.

Benton road comes off of 50 and brings you out very close to the range. Just take a right off benton and the range is less than a half mile on the right.

SEE YOU THERE!

Also, I found a good ald fashioned tire tool laying in the parking lot of the range. It's in the back of my red toyota truck if you want it.

Check your stuff.

As of yet I am not certain what stage I will be running. I will introduce myself or be introduced by name in the briefing. Please say hey! Lets make the BE world a little smaller tomorrow! :cheers:

As I'm sure some of you have heard we where setting up some of the stages on Friday and nearly finished with stage 4 when the sky fell. We got a whole lot of rain in a couple of hours. We called it a day and found we couldn't even make it out of the range due to the river. Long story short, I will post direction sign for US-50 onto Benton for you to follow. It is only 3 turns from US-50 to the range so it should be pretty easy. I learned something today....If I ever run another match like this I will not shoot it. It just takes too much to try to handle. The range will be open early. Probably around 7:00am. Registration starts at 8:00 with the shooters meeting at 8:45am. The shooting will start at 9:00am.

Aside from my crappy shooting (I blame it on not having my "go fast" shirt yet), I really enjoyed the match.

The boyscouts provided a good light meal and were reasonably priced.

We're looking forward to coming back in subsequent years!

I heard you can too. 165.0 ??

Hey Bill, it really wasn't that close, as we got to 165.0 using the best three of six. Sooooo, he didn't even need the seventh bullet. Let's face it, whether we shot or weighed number seven... that might have pulled him up to 165.1 or even 165.2... :surprise:

As always, was great seeing old friends and meeting new... and for those of you that commented... 'I heard you were dying...' Actually no, I'm just kind of walking wounded. Whatever I have does not seem to be progressive, so hope to see you guys for years (next stop... IPSC Pan Am Shotgun Match in Kentucky)... :D

Edited by BDH

I heard you can too. 165.0 ??

'I heard you were dying...'

Not how I would start a conversation with somebody. But hey, It beats, "I heard you were dead"! :roflol:

Thanks for adding your expertice to our match. :cheers:

Kevin Sanders

I shot a really great match, even with my bonehead mistake (a miss on "can you count") but still stole the HOA away from my good buddy Bill to take home the Buckeye Challenge Champion Award! I love it when a Limited Gun wins HOA! Thanks for the sweet gun Matt! ;)

So thanks to all the match staff who worked so hard running shooters, and of course to Brian Hanna for squeaking me by (somehow) at chrono, and last but not least to "Big Dog" Dan Cater who organized an excellent match with very little experience, yet still took this big project. This match was a concept fueled by one man who wanted to bring lots of new USPSA shooters into this sport, by running an Awards Match, but only a Level 1 match so shooters who were not yet USPSA members could still experience it. And I handed out about a dozen USPSA membership applications to folks who had just stopped by to ... "see what it was all about".

So, way to go Dan! Everyone loved it. B)

The official results are posted at USPSA.com under local matches (OH03) and here are your Combined Overalls as well.

post-4139-127466857722_thumb.jpg

Pistol Finals All divisions.txt

Edited by Chris Keen

Hello boys and girls! B) I did spend the last two days taking a crapload of pictures and have created a whole new picasa album for your enjoyment. So I am making my Enos Debut with all of the pictures from the match. Well... maybe not ALL of the photos.. I think I deleted about 80% of them but the better of the lot are posted. The great thing about being behind the camera is you all don't get to watch me shoot the match. :rolleyes: Feel free to enjoy them, cross post pictures of yourselves, but please credit me with the photography, thanks!! Sarah Woodward

here is the link!

http://picasaweb.google.com/108414690154170674136/BuckeyeClassic5232010?authkey=Gv1sRgCNi67ejelLeS0gE#

http://picasaweb.google.com/108414690154170674136/BuckeyeClassicFavorites?authkey=Gv1sRgCP2v_OjigumcmAE

http://picasaweb.google.com/108414690154170674136/BuckeyeClassicROShoot?authkey=Gv1sRgCKae0KqX_IGRwgE

Edited by USPSA.Lady

It's OVER!!!!!! Maybe I can make up with my wife now. :roflol:

With a few difficulties in the morning we may have just had a good match for our first try.

This was a learning experience for a lot of brand new shooters and for our club. I learned a lot about what, and what not, to do. I'm hoping to put that experience to good use.

I want to give a big shout out to Brian, Dave, Chris, Deb and Flex for filling very key roles in this match and made it run as smooth as it did.

Thanks all the staff for working through the heavy rain and then the heat to set up, run and then tear down the stages.

Thanks to the too many people who brought equipment from other ranges so that we would have shade and a chrono.