Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buckeye Challenge

In preparation for future matches at MRPC, I was asked to run a full chrono setup, so that is what we will do. In other words, do not be surprised if your gun/ammo not only has to make has to make declared PF, but also fits in the official box, meets weight requirements (Production and Single Stack only), and pass safety inspection. Certainly not trying to rain on anyones parade, but if you attend a major match (many Sectionals, but Area or National for sure), you will go through the same routine. We are just trying to get everyone used to the bigger matches as I was really surprised how many comments were made at Area 6 chrono like.... 'a box?... I didn't expect a box'.... 'why are they weighing guns?'... etc.

Anyway, no big deal as everyone I have ever met in USPSA always competes within the rules! ;)

Just remember that if your weighing guns you'll have to have a list of all the production gun weights and they have to be within 2oz of that weight. Its the reason we didn't weigh guns at BITB as we didn't want a bottle neck there. Being that you'll have all guns across the board I doubt you'll have as many production guns as we did but you might smile.gif

We have plenty of production shooters and since we are trying to make this as close to an actual level 2 or 3 match as possible I want the chrono run in the same manner. Brian has been running a chrono for a very long time and knows his stuff. Check your rule books and make sure your gear is up to specks. You might be glad you did.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dan, Since Mr Hanna is coming down to run chrono I want to make sure you still need the box right? He is not bringing one, right?

Edited by Sarge

If you haven't made it yet, Sarge... We made a new one for the Ohio/IPSC match(s) last year at C-ville. I'd guess it would still be there and could be loaned out (we always borrowed the one from Rayner's, until last year).

Just remember that if your weighing guns you'll have to have a list of all the production gun weights and they have to be within 2oz of that weight. Its the reason we didn't weigh guns at BITB as we didn't want a bottle neck there. Being that you'll have all guns across the board I doubt you'll have as many production guns as we did but you might smile.gif

I think they list the weights on the Production Gun List (USPSA website) now?

Chrono stage runs pretty quick usually.

I think they list the weights on the Production Gun List (USPSA website) now?

Chrono stage runs pretty quick usually.

Yeah, you still have to look up each individual gun though. We couldn't get anybody to sit at the bullseye range with Ken to help him so we didn't weigh guns roflol.gif

Yes, weights are listed on the USPSA website. I was surprised to see Ken Skeeters only look up maybe one of two guns with the size of the match at Area 6. He pointed out that for the most part you only see a handful of guns, and he simply memorized them. I won't be that efficient, but hopefully this won't be a bottleneck either. I ran the chrono at the last World Shoot in Bali, and managed to stay ahead so I think we will be okay...

Just hoping that no one shows up at chrono shooting Singlestack Major, and leaves shooting Open Minor like we had at Area 6... :huh:

Yes, weights are listed on the USPSA website. I was surprised to see Ken Skeeters only look up maybe one of two guns with the size of the match at Area 6. He pointed out that for the most part you only see a handful of guns, and he simply memorized them. I won't be that efficient, but hopefully this won't be a bottleneck either. I ran the chrono at the last World Shoot in Bali, and managed to stay ahead so I think we will be okay...

Just hoping that no one shows up at chrono shooting Singlestack Major, and leaves shooting Open Minor like we had at Area 6... :huh:

ouch :o

ouch :o

Yes, that was ugly, but the worst was at the last World Shoot when one of the Czech ladies team came through chrono. She was only two or three stages away from finishing the entire match and went sub-minor. :( We were running redundant everything, and there was no doubt she did not make the PF. She was surprised to find out the bullet I pulled weighed 115+/-, while she thought it should have weighed 125 (and of course, she opted to pull a second bullet as opposed to shoot it... still 115).

Then... after the match... I found out she was running second or third OVERALL in ladies Production... :surprise: Unfortunately, it doesn't matter whether you are a D class, or GM competitor, as the rules are the rules...

Hey Dan - when should we expect confirmation emails? Looking forward to the match!

I will try to send out confirmation e-mails soon. I'm still not very good with these new fangled things we call computers so please wish me luck.

If you haven't made it yet, Sarge... We made a new one for the Ohio/IPSC match(s) last year at C-ville. I'd guess it would still be there and could be loaned out (we always borrowed the one from Rayner's, until last year).

We are still going to need a box. I don't really care if we make one or borrow one as long as we have one. Sarge if you haven't made it yet then talk with Flex and see which would be easier to do.

Thanks for your help guys.

The weights listed on the list for some of the production guns may not be right. Especially some of the S&W guns. The listing for the 5906 does not cover all of the variations. DNROI said that they are working with S&W to clear up the weight issues, and some older model issues. They will be updating weight list. This maybe troubled waters!

----JWB

We are still going to need a box. I don't really care if we make one or borrow one as long as we have one. Sarge if you haven't made it yet then talk with Flex and see which would be easier to do.

Thanks for your help guys.

Dan, This is one part of the equation you don't need to worry about. There WILL be a box for your match, one way or the other. :)

I sent out confirmation emails to all the people I have applications from but some of you didn't get it. Some addresses were hard to read. Hopefully you will see this post.

Our little match is all set to go. I am not going to impose the late fee listed on the application until mid-May so if you know someone who would like to go tell them to get those in ASAP.

This will be a Level 1, 9 stage trophy only match. Registration will start at 7:30 am with the shooters meeting to be held at 8:45 am. First shots to ring out at 9:00 am. A lunch will be provided as a part of your match fee and will be prepared by one of our local Boy Scout troops. They will also have drinks for sale at different areas around the range. If all goes to plan we will hand out awards after the scores are tabulated and all arbitration periods have expired. This match was built on the desire to give new shooters the experience of a major match and to give our club experience in running one in the hopes of running a state match in the future. A lot of you may be classified after signing up for this match. This is not a problem. Just make sure to check your information at the time of registration let the registration people know your USPSA number and we will take care of it from there.

I have to cut this short as I just got out of court and I have to get some sleep before I go to work tonight.

If you have any questions or squad requests just let me know and I will do what I can.

Thanks! I hope to see all of you there.

DJ

Hey Dan.

If we haven't got the email yet should we drop you a pm with name and email? I'd like to make sure everything is good and that you did in fact receive my application. Thanks.

I will give you what I have so far:

We have 7 Open shooter.

1 Revo (common Revo's).

8 Limited-10 shooters.

6 Single Stack.

18 Limited shooters.

and topping out the list (as you might expect) is Production with 41 shooters.

We have a lot of shooters who are (at this time) unclassified. A lot of them will be classified at the next update so I can't give much in the way of class.

I would still love to get more shooters for this match so if you could spread the word that would be great.

I am not imposing the $10.00 late fee until mid-May. So get those apps in!

Edited by dcarter

Hey Dan.

If we haven't got the email yet should we drop you a pm with name and email? I'd like to make sure everything is good and that you did in fact receive my application. Thanks.

SLM, I have your application and you are all set. If you didn't get my e-mail then something was wrong with your address or your computer blocked it with a spam filter. I got a few back like that. But you are all set.