Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will there be a West Point CWT 2 Gun Match in 2010?

Talked to the guy , I think his name is Craig, who is involved with the cadet program.

He told me it would be in October. That was the only time they could use the range.

Craig Jackson is his name. After the last match, it was stated it may not be an annual match. Scheduling on military property is an issue, Range Control has the final say. Fort Benning seems to have the least problem with this, but, it's a much larger base.

Well now....since you asked about the West Point match.

The Combat Weapons Team is planning to hold our match in the fall of 2010. There are several reasons for the date picked. Cadet work load is the biggest concern and some other training programs that were planed for the team this semester. As for now we are working on range clearance and staffing. Among many other things needed to run a semi-major match. As more details are worked out I will post and email all past competitors thru cwtusma at yahoo.com Odds are we will once again run a 2Gun style match.

Just for the record one of the big difference between AMU and West Point is that AMU basically runs there own ranges. Were we have to request and schedule the ranges thru Range Control just like any other group requesting range use at West Point. This makes our planning a much harder road to travel.

But we are planning and looking forward to our Fall 2010 match.

CJ

Well now....since you asked about the West Point match.

The Combat Weapons Team is planning to hold our match in the fall of 2010. There are several reasons for the date picked. Cadet work load is the biggest concern and some other training programs that were planed for the team this semester. As for now we are working on range clearance and staffing. Among many other things needed to run a semi-major match. As more details are worked out I will post and email all past competitors thru cwtusma at yahoo.com Odds are we will once again run a 2Gun style match.

Just for the record one of the big difference between AMU and West Point is that AMU basically runs there own ranges. Were we have to request and schedule the ranges thru Range Control just like any other group requesting range use at West Point. This makes our planning a much harder road to travel.

But we are planning and looking forward to our Fall 2010 match.

CJ

That's great news! Thanks for the update.

• 5 months later...

Glad to see there is still interest for the West Point match.

CURRENT NEWS:

I have stepped down from the Match Directors position. One of the other team coaches will be taking over the role. During our last meeting (about a month ago) his goal was to run the match during the fall 2010 or spring 2011. We have come up with a few new ideas for the match and possible side matches. But full details will come from the new match director.

Once new information and details are ironed out I will post details here. And you can check our NEW WEB SITE for updated news. Please keep in mind that the web site is cadet run and they are still away on summer assignments.

Hope to see you all on the range.

CJ

Edited by CWT USMA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...