Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frankford Arsenal Vibra-tube Filler

I have seen this for sale through Midway USA and have been thinking of getting one. I have a Hornady press so I'll have to modify my primer tubes and I thought I'd better ask about it here before I ordered one.

Thanks!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only bad things I've heard about them is you have to hang onto them while they're operating, and you have to get the primers the right way up. With the big Dillon jobbie (mucho more $$ :( ), you can be cranking out 40+ rounds while it's filling the next tube for you. Frankford/Midway should look into a bench-mounted version.

Shred,

Good idea but doubtful. Vibraprime is just that, a primer flip tray with a vibrator attatched ( just like the one you picture when someone says the word " vibrator" ). It uses the vibration to allow primers to move across the tray to a hole where they fall into the tube ( just like the old " football " games when I was a kid)

You have to flip primers right side up manually, and hold the unit at the correct angle to get it to work.

But it does work pretty well.

Travis F.

• 1 year later...

Yes Tokarev! Go for it!

I bought 2 (they are cheap) assuming a good thing like this will be discontinued soon. They flat work ... tho not as effortlessly as the Dillon that is 10 x as expensive. Like to spend money?

Best accessory money you can spend!

~ John

Proposed 'reply' topic - tube-filling time.

Dillon vs. Midway's Franklin Arsenal vs. pecking

I was interested in how long it takes for others that use this. My easy average was 18 seconds (from the time I hit the trigger til the tube is full) ... but that was with WW SP primers. Now I'm loading major with WW SR primers and things aren't flowing quite as fast.

Was always going to go back and time the 'chicken pecking' method, but can't bring myself to revert. Would one of you 'peckers' have time to 'time' a tube?

Thanks ~ John

I finally broke down and ordered the vibra-prime. I went ahead and got the adaptors even though I've heard that they weren't necessary. Guess I'll find out.

On the RF-100, it takes 4 seconds of my time to fill the tube. Get primer box, dump onto unit, push button. I then load about 50 rounds on the 1050 and by then it has another tube full and ready to go.

Proposed 'reply' topic - tube-filling time.

Dillon vs. Midway's Franklin Arsenal vs. pecking

...Would one of you 'peckers' have time to 'time' a tube?

Thanks ~    John

I use Shred's double flip method on laying out the primers on a flat surface (square top of a RCBS flip tray) in neat rows.

Time to actually fill the tube - 45 seconds.

Time to fill ten tubes, from primers in the box to primers in the tubes - ten minutes.

If I had the money, I'd take the RF100 over the vibraprime, for the reason listed above - you load ammo as you refill the next tube: no down time.

• 1 month later...
how much work to change from large to small primers????? Thanks,Randy

Don't know about the Dillon RF-100, but the VibraPrime takes approx. .7213 milliseconds :rolleyes: (i.e. just turn the primer tray lid around and use the opposite corner for feeding)

~ E Mont

If I had a RF-100 I would probably take that over the vibraprime. But if I didnt have either I would buy the vibra prime. I load 10 tubes in like 3-4 minutes max. I have loaded about 50K on it and still have the same battery in it.

I've had mine for about 6 months. Sure is alot better than using a flip tray! It runs very smooth on small primers. Large primers need a little more finese but still load way faster than flip tray. I don't use their tubes or the adapters. Just hold the dillon tubes in and pull the trigger. Than put the pickup tube nipple back on to keep them from falling out. After I load the tubes I slip the primer box sleeves over the tubes to let me know what primers are in the tubes. Once I empty tubes into the magizines on my presses I pull the sleeve off to let me know which ones are empty.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had one for about a year now and it works great. Sometimes you have to babysit it a bit. The looser the primer tube is (inside diameter larger), the better. It works pretty much flawlessly with small primers, but I sometimes get hangups with large primers. Still, it's way way faster than manually picking up primers, and way WAY cheaper than the Dillon unit.

• 6 months later...
Guest Robert L. Madera
I have seen this for sale through Midway USA and have been thinking of getting one. I have a Hornady press so I'll have to modify my primer tubes and I thought I'd better ask about it here before I ordered one.

Thanks!

It's absolutely great. The worst thing about reloading is filling those primer tubes. This gizmo will fill a primer tube in less than 20 seconds.

I see someone revived this thread. I had the Dillon RF100, absolutely hated it. Only Dillon product I ever felt that way about. Got this little gizmo and am absolutely thrilled. It works, it works quickly and is foolproof especially if you skip their tube and just use the Dillon primer tubes. Great product!

Bob