Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou Bullets in a Glock Barrel?

Mark K

I understand that there is a general consensus not to use lead bullets through stock Glock Barrels. What about coated.

I have started using Bayou bullets in my SVI, and like them, but am wondering about using them in a 40 minor load that I use in my Glock 35 for IDPA matches.

Mark

Edited by Mark K

Mark - I just ordered some of them Gator snot bullets, to shoot in my SVI.

Do you have another Quinn mount to sell, I bought another open gun.

No offense intended Matt your mount is awesome. Just not many used ones on the market.

Edited by CocoBolo

I understand that there is a general consensus not to use lead bullets through stock Glock Barrels.

That is False.

I've shot tens of thousands of cast lead bullets out of Glocks.

But yes, you can shoot coated lead as well.

Thanks, Matt.

Mark K.

I understand that there is a general consensus not to use lead bullets through stock Glock Barrels.

That is False.

I've shot tens of thousands of cast lead bullets out of Glocks.

No offense to Matt, but he is wrong. There is a general concensus to not shoot lead out of Glock barrels.

So as not to just re-post, you can read this post for some info so you can make an informed choice. http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1027687

As for coated, it appears that copper plated, polymer coated and moly coated, in general, avoid the issues of lead slugs through stock Glock barrels. As an aside, I have had a few shooters insist they get no leading in the Glock barrels and I have been able to remove a sizeable amount from their barrels.

I've shot thousands of moly coated bullets through my glock oem barrel and mostly they are fine. I use Bear Creek so I cannot speak to any other moly bullets. There happens to be some rare problems that occur and I think I'm the only one to run into them. But that is for a different thread. I've shot lead cast bullets in my G17, G34, G35 without success. But I've only tried ONE brand and then went on to use moly instead. It is definitely less smokey then moly.

• 4 weeks later...
I use Bayou Bullets in my Glocks with no issues. Cleans up quick and no leading even after 500 rounds. IPSC load is 3.2 T.G with 180 for Minor, and 4.5 for major

Is the general consensus that Bayou Bullets perform better in a stock OEM Glock barrel than Precision Bullets?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...