Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone ran BNB Casting or Polymer Coated 9mm bullet for open ???

RippSpeed

Any one have experience with these hytek or polymer coated bullets and ran them thru your open ???

I recently started loading BNB Casting bullets for my glock 26 and my production pistol. And noticed these barely show any smoke... Is it even possible to use these thru an open gun ???

Edited by RippSpeed

12 hours ago, HI5-O said:

A friend shoots Blue Bullets in his open 38SC at major and his gun has the rib with holes and a comp. I wouldn’t try them and only shoot jhp. 

That would be me

115 blue bullets at 1500 FPS 

no leading in the barrel, some buildup in the comp

and as a bonus I found the same powder charge pushes a 124 gn JHP to major

From what I've seen with the blue bullets making major it's best to run a 124 or so. They seem to smoke when pushed hard more than some of the others. I only clean my comp every 1-3k and after 1k I might have to wipe the outside of my gun off. I've got 2 Popple holes as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, RippSpeed said:

Now do use the same of big matches???

And is there a ton of smoke???

I'm thinking of using 124gr or 135gr BNB hytek coated bullets ... 

There is some smoke from the wax lube, but for training exercises and club matches I don't get too concerned. For serious matches I use 125gn HAP bullets.

I have used coated, uncoated, plated and jacketed. For the most part they all hold the A zone at 25 yards and knock poppers over at 35 yards. 

I use the 125 grn blue bullets in 9 major. I’m like a lot of the guys here. Videos will show some smoke but it’s never bothered me while shooting. Also use ibejiheads as well. I feel like the coating they use smokes a little less. I use those in 40 major open division. 

Have shot thousands of 135s Black Bullets International bullets at 1300fps in my 38 super with only minor leading in the comp running 6.44grs of WSF very accurate and clean buring powder!! 

Edited by hcf1976

I have run a lot of BNB Casting bullets in the past (when they were called Black and Blue bullets). Decent for the price, although the coating is not the most consistent. More than a few have showed flaking coating. The last batch I bought had an oily feel to all the bullets like they weren't cured correctly. I wouldn't shoot them out of an open gun at major velocities.