Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady 1 shot - lubing 1k+ cases at a time

I've just been running dry (no lube) on a 650 with carbide dies but switching to a 1050 and thinking about adding some 1-shot to my reloading routine.

Most of the brass prep I see with one shot involves a ziplock bag or a few hundred cases in a cardboard box. Just doesn't seem efficient to me.

Curious if anyone has a good process for prepping large amounts of brass with one-shot. Can I just use a big plastic bin, spray over the top, mix around, and repeat a few times? or will that allow too much 1 shot into the cases? 

Any input appreciated :) 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Mike62 said:

Am I the only one that just sprays them each time I put a batch in the case feeder?

No, I used to do that. Now I do "production" runs of 500 or so rounds in ~30 minute before work. So it really helps to have everything ready to go and not "waste" time lubing cases. I've got 5,000? lubed in a bucket ready to load.

I've just been running dry (no lube) on a 650 with carbide dies but switching to a 1050 and thinking about adding some 1-shot to my reloading routine.

Most of the brass prep I see with one shot involves a ziplock bag or a few hundred cases in a cardboard box. Just doesn't seem efficient to me.

Curious if anyone has a good process for prepping large amounts of brass with one-shot. Can I just use a big plastic bin, spray over the top, mix around, and repeat a few times? or will that allow too much 1 shot into the cases? 

Any input appreciated [emoji4] 

I use 1-shot for pistol. Makes the whole process smoother. Also, it's a dry lube and not an issue if you get it inside the case. Dillon says it's a non-issue with their spray lube too but I only use Dillon for rifle cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that just sprays them each time I put a batch in the case feeder?

That’s what I do. [emoji848]

Me to. There is a limitation to how much brass the shorter can hold and that’s what I’ll generally bag and spritz.

I’m typically running 3K rounds in a session on a Mk7 and don’t see where it’s particularly time consuming or inefficient.

Heck, you gotta have something to do while the thing runs!

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk