Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delta Point Pro Dot Brightness

abb1

I see that a lot of those that have purchased the DPP have done so with the 2.5 MOA dot instead of the 7.5 MOA triangle. Although the brightness is higher than the RTS2, my. concern would be seeing the 2.5 dot in bright sunlight over the c-more 6 MOA. Are there any issues? I have looked at previous threads and could not find this being mentioned. Thanks

Edited by abb1

1 minute ago, abb1 said:

The 2.5 MOA?, Wow! I would never have thought to use a 3MOA or smaller for IPSC, but I see that this is becoming a favourite with the DPP. 

Yes, the 2.5 MOA.  Have you ever looked through one?  The dot is very similar in size to a 6 MOA C-More dot, at least in my eyes.

12 minutes ago, TennJeep1618 said:

Yes, the 2.5 MOA.  Have you ever looked through one?  The dot is very similar in size to a 6 MOA C-More dot, at least in my eyes.

Hmmm, you have me convinced! I think that I will try this. Thanks! 

I havent had any issues seeing the dot in bright sunlight. At my local range we are shooting into the sun quite often. The dot on the DPP is very bright. much brighter and clearer then the dot on the Burris FF3 I have on my backup gun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So I've had a trijicon rmr, cmore slide ride with a 6 and 8 minute dot, ff3, and vortex venom, and now a DPP. IMO, the DPP is by far the best with glass clarity and how crisp the dot is. I have 2, 2.5moa DPPs and I have zero issues with seeing it in direct sun. I sold all my other dots because they weren't as good as the DPP. 

3 minutes ago, Bdh821 said:

Also, I wouldn't want a rts2 cuz I've seen so many people have problems with them shutting off mid stage. Even with the V4 board 

Yeah, I have a RTS2 V4 and it shut off during a stage in a major shoot :( . This is why I am looking at getting the DPP. I appreciate all the input!

Well I got one on order to arrive this Friday. The only thing from the specs that I do not like about the DPP is the fact that it weighs 3/4 of an ounce more than the RTS2. Doesn't sound like much, but when reducing weight from a race gun, it counts. Oh well, there must be a reason for the extra weight......

11 hours ago, TennJeep1618 said:

I have no problem seeing the dot in bright sunlight.  In fact, I almost always dim it down 1 or 2 settings when shooting.

Same here.   The other day I forgot to do it on a course that had 4" square plates a long way away, and the dot pretty much covered the whole thing.   It was not fun.

My DPP arrived last Wednesday :) ! Took it to the range to sight it in and it definitely is bright, a lot brighter than the RTS2. The only thing that I do not like on this model is the brightness settings. There is no up/down, but rather just keep pressing the button until you get the right brightness, if you over do it, you cant just go back, you have to go through the whole process again. Oh well, it will be worth it if this sight holds up!

On September 16, 2017 at 10:36 AM, abb1 said:

My DPP arrived last Wednesday :) ! Took it to the range to sight it in and it definitely is bright, a lot brighter than the RTS2. The only thing that I do not like on this model is the brightness settings. There is no up/down, but rather just keep pressing the button until you get the right brightness, if you over do it, you cant just go back, you have to go through the whole process again. Oh well, it will be worth it if this sight holds up!

Just leave it on during a match and before its your turn, take off the cover and look thru the lens. If it's too bright, adjust accordingly. Obviously I'm talking about doing so while in the holster still...  I feel like this downfall of it is outweighed by all the benefits of the pckage

BDH, the answer to the RTS2 problem is to check your batteries.  If the voltage drops to 2.8V, discard the battery and replace it.  My battery read 2.92V before the match yesterday.  I left it on at full brightness and had no problems.  I will replace it today.  New batteries are supposed to read 3.2V or slightly higher.  However, I have about 1/4 of the one's I buy reading below 3.0 when new.  RTS2s seem to eat batteries, whereas the FF3s and DPPs don't.

55 minutes ago, zzt said:

BDH, the answer to the RTS2 problem is to check your batteries.  If the voltage drops to 2.8V, discard the battery and replace it.  My battery read 2.92V before the match yesterday.  I left it on at full brightness and had no problems.  I will replace it today.  New batteries are supposed to read 3.2V or slightly higher.  However, I have about 1/4 of the one's I buy reading below 3.0 when new.  RTS2s seem to eat batteries, whereas the FF3s and DPPs don't.

I do not own a RTS2 because I've seen a bunch of people have problems. And I figure I have enough problems that I don't want to install a new one of my

gun

On 9/11/2017 at 4:53 PM, abb1 said:

Well I got one on order to arrive this Friday. The only thing from the specs that I do not like about the DPP is the fact that it weighs 3/4 of an ounce more than the RTS2. Doesn't sound like much, but when reducing weight from a race gun, it counts. Oh well, there must be a reason for the extra weight......

The extra weight comes from the steel shield on the top. You can remove it, but it does keep you from breaking the window by banging it on stuff.

On 9/11/2017 at 10:42 AM, TennJeep1618 said:

What he said.

Its insanely bright. Rather than fighting to see your dot, you can crank it up so that it flares to around 6CMOA... but even in the brightest summer sun on a clear day, I usually have it one or two notches down so that it's small and crisp.  The dot is still plenty bright enough to pick up.

Battery life is great. It stays on in my holster all day.

Much brighter than the triangle, and a couple friends with the triangle are thinking about switching now.

IMG_7680.JPG.83021a732e5136699dc8508acb5a3788.JPGIMG_7681.thumb.JPG.c44126afab4d44ae24ebe865b88b2121.JPG

3 hours ago, NickBlasta said:

The extra weight comes from the steel shield on the top. You can remove it, but it does keep you from breaking the window by banging it on stuff.

Hmmm, that s may be of use on a carry or duty gun, but it is unlikely that you are going to bang it during a match. Also the housing is aluminum. That should be protective enough, you would think. 

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Flat4boxer said:

Just ordered the DPP 2.5 and had the same question about the size/brightness vs 7.5 and the Vortex Viper 6 MOA I currently have.

I have had my DPP 2.5 for about 2 months now and I love it. The brightness is REALLY intense and it exceeded my expectations! Turning up the brightness makes the 2.5 look like a 6 just a little over half way adjustment. There is a downside though, the battery doesn't last nearly as long as others. The intensity of the brightness obviously takes a toll on battery life. I am on my third battery so far. Not a big deal as they are readily available and cheap, you just have to make sure to replace it before every match and always make sure that you have a couple in your range bag.

Edited by abb1