Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Alabama Sectional

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is too much... For those who will work in the match is there a HOTEL DISCOUNT? thanks and

See you there!

We are in the process of trying to get discounted hotel rooms for anyone coming to the match.

Will post it here and on the website when we know.

Mark K.

Focused on the sectional. Will look at the 2013 calendar at some point and think about it. I doubt it, as we have a small number of. Club staff to do it all, and we just cannot be burning them out. But, who knows.

I know this is too much... For those who will work in the match is there a HOTEL DISCOUNT? thanks and

See you there!

I spend the weekend with my son,Mark feeds me at the range the day I work,what more could one need !!!!

My jerk friend is getting married that weekend, so I have to miss out.

Unless... Someone has a private jet to loan me...?

You have to have priorities in your life. Jerk friend or shooting? The choice is clear. :) Drive over Thursday, shoot Friday, done around 5pm, hop in car, back in NOLA around midnight, wedding Saturday. Problem solved. Screw the bachelor party junk.

Mark K

All received entries are being processed and you guys should start getting some info in the next week or so. I am pretty sure Mark said squadding would not open up until the first of December so be on the lookout for that. We look forward to having all of shoot with us.

• 2 weeks later...

OK folks, if you like stand and shoot, 12 round stages, stay away - no RUN AWAY from this match.

We picked our stages for the match his weekend. We have sent them to the RM to give them the once over, and then will submit them to DNROI for approval for a Level II match, so they are not final.

But as it stands now the round counts for the 10 shooting stages will go:

______

336 rounds

For the range lawyers, the 32 round limit applies to Level III and above matches. We have had high round count stages every year.

We did not sit down to create a high round count match. We did not sit down to create a technically difficult match with fast movers, and really long shots, lots of steel, or anything. We sat down with an agenda of picking fun stages. We also happen to like high round count stages, even our monthly matches are high round count. The philosophy being, if people spend their time and dime to come to our match, we want them to get their money's worth. Don't know that I have ever gone to a match somewhere and said "Damn, I shot too much today."

That said, when we got done, we found that we had picked these high round count stages, only 10 pieces of steel and no movers/activated targets in the whole bunch. We like those things, they just did not come up in this bunch of stages. It should help the match move quickly, and flow smoothly, despite the high round count.

Before you ask, we will not be posting the stages anytime soon. Not saying when but probably not before a month before the match. A little mystery is a good thing.

Thanks,

Mark Kauder

Match Director

Edited by Mark K

I wish you wouldn't post them at all. Keeping them" top secret" even to the locals. My thoughts are it keeps the field level. It will be great to have some run and gun, high round count. Cant wait !! can you hear that sound??...Here come the hater responses ;-)

If you plan on working the match so that you can shoot for free, please get your paperwork in ASAP. I already have about half the work slots filled.

Mark K.

My fiancé and I would love to work the match but arnt CROs but I can run a timer do it voluntary locally and she and I can paste and reset stages and help