Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

7 shot 9mm S&W

fenwick

I have a 986 and love it.  Ran perfectly from day one.

Did add the FO front sight.

I use it for Steel Challenge matches.

I load a Bayou 135 coated round nose over 2.8 grains of Bullseye.

Of course, be careful cleaning that titanium cylinder.  I use MPro7.

986.JPG

Edited by Taroman

9 hours ago, Taroman said:

I have a 986 and love it.  Ran perfectly from day one.

Did add the FO front sight.

I use it for Steel Challenge matches.

I load a Bayou 135 coated round nose over 2.8 grains of Bullseye.

Of course, be careful cleaning that titanium cylinder.  I use MPro7.

986.JPG

I have one. I love it. That said-it did have to go back to the factory for a timing issue. Bruce Warren identified it when I sent the gun to be worked on by him, he returned it under warranty to Smith. They corrected it, sent it back to Bruce, and he did his magic on it. I've handled about a half dozen guns done by him, along with an Apex and a few others I can't remember, and liked his the best, so I went with it on my 986.

Edited by Crispin1025

I've had lots of work done to my S&Ws and have sent them in for service.  I asked then not to change the services I've had done and just do the work requested and have always been happy with what they have done.

No problem sending in a highly modified gun.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 0:10 PM, alecmc said:

Don't all S&W revolvers have a lifetime warranty? 

There is some fine print that usually gets missed, the warranty is only for the original purchaser. S&W will usually still fix it but I have been denied service due to the fact that I was not the original purchaser, something to keep in mind when buying a used gun.

You have to send them your receipt of purchase, at least that it was I was told by the retailer's when I purchased mine. I haven't sent in the receipts yet because luckily I haven't had to send them in.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

On October 7, 2016 at 5:05 PM, fenwick said:

Maybe it was still under warranty?

Precisely-Per Bruce, it should never have left the factory, so was sent to correct that prior to him doing his work. Gun was sent in stock. Once all was complete, it came out very, very nicely. Trigger breaks just under 5lbs double action with his short stroke modification, which makes for a very, very fast trigger. 

->You absolutely have to use federal primers and identify your seating depth for reliable performance, but I think it's worth it.

Edited by Crispin1025

19 hours ago, Gregg K said:

There is some fine print that usually gets missed, the warranty is only for the original purchaser. S&W will usually still fix it but I have been denied service due to the fact that I was not the original purchaser, something to keep in mind when buying a used gun.

A few years ago I bought a used 6906 that someone had dinged up the rear sight and dove tail, trying to drift adjust it with a screw driver or something.  I called to Smith and Wesson to just buy another rear sight but they told me to send the whole gun back.  After about a month I got the gun back, looking new with a test target.  I didn't try to hide that I wasn't the original purchaser and they didn't ask.