Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new DVC OPEN 9MM finally arrived

cecil

Update on my DVC.... I had a problem with my brass bulging at 6.7gr AutoComp which rendered the brass non-reloadable.. sent it to STI... they found that the barrel ramp was cut too deep... they have made a new barrel & slide... the slide has to be hard chromed the barrel has to be Ti coated... after than STI will put it together, test and I should have it back by the end of Nov.. i'll update when I get it back and shoot it..

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope no Tin coated mags came with my DVC.. I sent the mags off to get them coated... while waiting for the gun.... will shoot it tomorrow in a steel match.... will report how it goes...

cecil, the blaster looks fantastic! Congratulations! May i ask a few more questions about the TiN? Where did you get it done? Does it provide any reduced friction advantage or is it just an aesthetic improvement? Thanks

grabbed the new STI DVC 9Major Open gun off GunBroker for an early Christmas present....going to change out the hammer, sear, disconnector with Extreme Engineering parts and have a pro trigger job done, change out the grip to a Phoenix Trinity stainless w/texture, change out the CMore to a new RTS2 with the latest upgraded chip and use a JVI Dynamics mount for it.........then it will be ready to shoot !!

Edited by race1911

grabbed the new STI DVC 9Major Open gun off GunBroker for an early Christmas present....going to change out the hammer, sear, disconnector with Extreme Engineering parts and have a pro trigger job done, change out the grip to a Phoenix Trinity stainless w/texture, change out the CMore to a new RTS2 with the latest upgraded chip and use a JVI Dynamics mount for it.........then it will be ready to shoot !!

FACT!

originally, yes......then a month or two later they changed it (for whatever reason) to about a 2.5 lb trigger....I myself enjoy about a 1.75 lb trigger ..and although the new style sear etc may be capable of being tweaked to a reliable 1.75 lb, I and my gunsmith have both been using Extreme Engineering parts for some years and have confidence and familiarity with them

• 3 weeks later...

12/3/15 ... got my DVC 9mm Open pistol back from STI... they corrected the problem of "brass bulging" it was over ramped -- new barrel replaced by STI .. shot about 200 rounds .. it shot perfectly .. no jams.. no bulging... ran 100%..

12/3/15 ... got my DVC 9mm Open pistol back from STI... they corrected the problem of "brass bulging" it was over ramped -- new barrel replaced by STI .. shot about 200 rounds .. it shot perfectly .. no jams.. no bulging... ran 100%..

Good to hear that they made it right. :D

window2time... I have not noticed any difference besides looks... I sent it off to get Ti coated someplace in Florida.. I looked but could not find the name.. if I find it, I let you know ok.. btw... they only charged me $25.00/each to Ti coat...

• 1 month later...

That's a long time for a non custom gun

Not when you think about the business side. The DVC is sorta custom. The average person is not going to walk into Gander Mountain and expect to see several in the case.

I would not mass produce the DVCs either. You order an SVI or Brazos or Cheely, Bedell, Akai, etc.. and the wait time is a year +

A YEAR!? That's for YOU to get a new production slot, start watching gun broker and you'll have one within the month. ;) There are lots of DVC's on order at dealers that are not spoken for... I find it funny that there are guys on here STILL posting about waiting for there DVC Limited. Once I decided to go that way I had one in a week off Gun-broker. EDIT:Right now there are 2 .40 DVC Limiteds, 1 9mm Limited and 2 Open's in .38 Super...

As far as "full custom" - CK/Freedom and some of the other guys have guns available in pretty short order. I've seen Freedom posts on their Facebook page in the past few weeks for guns that were available NOW.

If you're looking for an SVI "trophy" gun that may take a year. If you're looking for a reliable match ready gun? Those are readily available. ;)

Edited by Chutist

Chutist, some of these guys ordering directly from STI are sponsored by folks that allow their shooters to do so at dealer cost, which means a SIGNIFICANT discount.. I know thats the case for at least one of the fellers posting here.. :)

BTW, got one of the Limiteds in 9mm for my daughter and it is an extremely nice gun. To call it "production" is way off. I have held some of the "custom" guns mentioned here and the fit and finish and trigger is nowhere near as good as this DVC.. Added and Aftec (probably didnt need to) and it runs like a top. Factory ammo, reloads, any OAL, it doesn't care..

Chutist, some of these guys ordering directly from STI are sponsored by folks that allow their shooters to do so at dealer cost, which means a SIGNIFICANT discount.. I know thats the case for at least one of the fellers posting here.. :)

BTW, got one of the Limiteds in 9mm for my daughter and it is an extremely nice gun. To call it "production" is way off. I have held some of the "custom" guns mentioned here and the fit and finish and trigger is nowhere near as good as this DVC.. Added and Aftec (probably didnt need to) and it runs like a top. Factory ammo, reloads, any OAL, it doesn't care..

Ahh well then, I guess that's a good problem to have! LOL!!! :D When I was "doing well" shooting every weekend back in the 90's you were lucky to get a discount on some reloading supplies! ;)