Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Louisiana Gator Classic

This year's Louisiana Gator Classic will be held October 22nd-25th at Southern Shooting Center in Thibodaux, LA and consist of 12 stages, 300+ rounds.
Competitors visit prize table in order of finish. There will be a free jambalaya lunch on Sunday.

Entries for the match will be available to Louisiana Section Members ONLY starting Monday, June 1st 9:00 AM--Friday, June 5th 10:00 PM on www.practiscore.com (same website as last year)

Once entries close on June 5th, I will settle the entries for LA Section Members and emails will be sent out with approvals.

Then on Monday, June 8th at 6:00 PM Central the entries will go live again for the remaining slots to everyone else.

You will have 14 days to send in payment once approval email is sent (the address to send payment will be in the email sent after the entries are approved on Practiscore)
If payment is not received your spot will be given to the next competitor on the waiting list.

Match fee is $175.00, Women $100, Juniors shoot free

T-Shirts $15.00 max 2

There will be no trading slots

Please contact Stephanie Martin at smartin922@gmail.com or cajunactionshooters@gmail.com with any questions!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to interject, but do you think it is in the spirit of the organization and the sport to have preferential entry periods? Did the Area Director or the BOD approve such an entry period?

Sorry to interject, but do you think it is in the spirit of the organization and the sport to have preferential entry periods? Did the Area Director or the BOD approve such an entry period?

Area 7 match did the same sort of limited initial entry period to allow Area 7 residents a shot at actually getting in the match before it sold out to those from other areas.

So the way it was done did not give the section member a chance to get a spot in the match? i mean if you really want to shoot the match why not pay attention to when sign up is going to take place? Silly I know...

I guess I'll pass on this match not because of the sign up situation, I figure I'll need a break after the Nationals. Got my email that they have me a slot. Good luck to all the shooter that make it in this section. Just my .02 cents. Cheers

Edited by a matt

So the way it was done did not give the section member a chance to get a spot in the match? i mean if you really want to shoot the match why not pay attention to when sign up is going to take place? Silly I know...

I guess I'll pass on this match not because of the sign up situation, I figure I'll need a break after the Nationals. Got my email that they have me a slot. Good luck to all the shooter that make it in this section. Just my .02 cents. Cheers

Because it fills up in 20 minutes. It's nice for those of us that support the clubs that put on the match to actually be able to get into the match. Last year, a lot us were wait listed or left out all together.

I live in Mobile, AL. I have shot the Louisiana Section match since 2002. I shot the first Gator in 2004. Hurricane Katrina caused my absence in 2005 and 2006.

I have shot there including 2014. I have been in USPSA since 1999.

I understand the reason for the exclusion of non Louisiana shooters in early registration though I don't agree with it.

What about people who supported the Gator and USPSA in the past? Do we get any consideration?

What about people who supported the Gator and USPSA in the past? Do we get any consideration?

Therein lines the rub. Are there people outside of the section who may have contributed more to the match and USPSA in general than some living inside the section getting this preferential treatment?

I think that due to the incredible popularity of the Gator Classic that regardless how they do signup, someone will be complaining about the signup process. I think that how they did it this year was a good compromise as many of the local shooters who are shooting every weekend and supporting the 3 clubs that we use the props for have a chance to shoot their state match. Last year the whole match filled in a matter of hours.

I hope Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Tennessee, Area 6 don't do as Louisiana did. It could be bad for the sport. Shooters no matter the sport, hunters, long range rifle, shotgun, muzzle loader, IDPA, SASS must support each other. We must show a united front to the anti-gun people.

I hope Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Tennessee, Area 6 don't do as Louisiana did. It could be bad for the sport. Shooters no matter the sport, hunters, long range rifle, shotgun, muzzle loader, IDPA, SASS must support each other. We must show a united front to the anti-gun people.

Good Grief ! Edited by TxD

That's taking it a bit far. I didn't get in the Mississippi Classic. I didn't cry about it.

Everyone bitched last year too. My big fear is the complaining will lead the people (like the wonderful Stephanie) to quit organizing these matches. I know I sure as hell don't have time to do it.

You can't possibly be serious.

Nice second post, LMAO

I like how they are doing it this year and think it is most equitable, all things considered. The match is first and foremost a section championship, so members of that section should get first shot at participating before allowing folks not eligible for section championships. I wish all the sections would this.

For the rest of us, we know exactly when the second registration period opens, and if it is important enough to you then you will be sitting at your computer to signup when it opens.

I didn't like how last year registration opened without any notice, at like 7am on a holiday, and folks who were on the road or not by a computer missed out. At least this year people can make plans to be sitting in front of the computer when registration opens.

If this trend takes off Max won't be able to get in other matches. He'll just have to shoot Louisiana State Practical Shooting Association.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure guys like Max aren't waiting at the computer hitting f5 like the rest of us fools waiting for it to open.

I can't speak for the rest of the nation but how many other majors can fill up in 2 hours on a holiday like the Gator last year? I think it speaks volumes of how popular the match is and I don't have a problem for any state opening up major matches to their section members first, they are usually the ones who make those sections.

If this trend takes off Max won't be able to get in other matches. He'll just have to shoot Louisiana State Practical Shooting Association.

Pretty sure guys like Max aren't waiting at the computer hitting f5 like the rest of us fools waiting for it to open.
Hahaha, yeah that's right.

I don't understand why they have no notification on USPSA.org under find matches? It is a uspsa match, right? Miss match didn't have any notification on the org too and the only results are found at Practiscore. But what do I know?

Edited by a matt

All this thread tells me is that you can't ever make everyone happy but I think we all know that.

This rule is to help ensure that the people who support these clubs weekly get a shot at competing with their fellow statesmen in the state championship.