Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New DD alpha ShotMaxx Timer

Ken_Bird

Just got my Double Alpha Alpha match timer yesterday afternoon. Spent some time with it last night and this morning wanted to give a heads up.

So far, I have found it to be way easy to set up and understand. The display is easy to read and also has a backlight for darker areas.

I run it through its use as well as I could, not doing actual fire. Will do that on Sunday at our local match.

So far..... I am as pleased as punch. The timer does just what Saul said it does.

It also gives you the time and date.

I like it. :D:P;)

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the range today, used my new Shot Maxx for the entire match. It was perfect. Picked up shots fired without any trouble. Tried its par time, delay start and reviewed each shot time and each string. Very Pleased you will be also. A +

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

We are currently working on a few apps, it will take a little time to publish but they will be available soon.

Also, the APIs are free to everyone to use. In other words, anyone who is interested in developing an application for the SHOTMAXX timer can do that :)

If you like the timer, please leave us a review on the product page here: http://www.doublealpha.biz/shotmaxx/shotmaxx-shot-timer

Thanks, Eli.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving mine, particularly for my own practice sessions. I love not having that large timer banging around on my belt.

It's not, however, quite as loud as the handheld timers I've used.

While ROing a recent match, there were a few times when I had to do restarts because the shooter never heard the timer go off.

I just try to move the timer closer to the shooter's ear than I do with a handheld timer.

Battery life seems pretty darn good. Think i was still at 60 percent or better after the match was over.

zachvu - they will be back in stock, albeit limited, at the second half of this week.

Make sure you click on the notify me when back in stock button on this link to get an instant notification when they are available: http://www.doublealpha.biz/shotmaxx/shotmaxx-shot-timer

We have over a few hundred customers waiting for it - first comes, first served. I just wish we had more stock but we will pretty soon.

Thanks, Eli.

Hi guys,

The timer has two different buzzer sound types:

Type 2 (loud)

Type 1 (softer) - this one has a different frequency which is not as high as Type 2. Try this out with those who have problems hearing "Type 2" and see how it goes.

Thanks, Eli.

I've tried both options. And one is definitely louder than the other.

But still just not quite as loud as what I'm used to.

Still love the timer, though.