Jake Di Vita

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Curiosity

Darn, I was going to say that. Spiritual development is aided by "the spirit of truth" which, to me, is like "awareness" but an active, seeking kind of awareness. It fits the Zen advice about how to learn from those enlightened guys (and maybe even from the good shooters)--"Don't do what they did, seek what they sought".

• 3 months later...

Im still waiting for a reply to "pasters". They seem to be an untouchable item for the OP in the :blink: ZEN STATE :blink: or just to lazy or self important to pick up. IF the Dalai Lama shot my squad and did nothing to help but feel important and refuse to paste Id take a new shooter willing to pitch in.

Im still waiting for a reply to "pasters". They seem to be an untouchable item for the OP in the :blink: ZEN STATE :blink: or just to lazy or self important to pick up. IF the Dalai Lama shot my squad and did nothing to help but feel important and refuse to paste Id take a new shooter willing to pitch in.

some posts are hard to find a reply to make sense.

I expect if you had the dalai on your squad... the pasting for the entire squad would be done.

(while you are shooting.... and the scoring would also be done just after you showed clear)

the dalai has a lotta help :-D

on a slightly more serious side, a zen master has duties and obligations.

I understand they are often done in a state of meditation.

some one failing to help in a group activity is being rude and

using zen techniques to ace a stage is not the definition of a zen master...

don't be shy. tell the blinking zen master he can practice his meditations

while pasting.

miranda

some posts are hard to find a reply to make sense.

I expect if you had the dalai on your squad... the pasting for the entire squad would be done.

(while you are shooting.... and the scoring would also be done just after you showed clear)

the dalai has a lotta help :-D

on a slightly more serious side, a zen master has duties and obligations.

I understand they are often done in a state of meditation.

some one failing to help in a group activity is being rude and

using zen techniques to ace a stage is not the definition of a zen master...

don't be shy. tell the blinking zen master he can practice his meditations

while pasting.

miranda

My truthful reply in real words. OP is a dick. Anyone who has suffered squading with him agrees. This is a decade old fact. He has left a really lasting impression on those of us who were stuck with him. I remember 2 different IDPA matches. One I cant remember where, maybe in Kentucky for and one in the Devils Hole? Plus one near Pittsburgh and one we were "blessed" with him and his man servant (think bonds secretary) in the '04 Indiana State. A real class act. Plus a couple other odd matches. Never met a shooter more disliked by all EVER.

• 4 weeks later...

I desperately want to know who " OP " Is or was???????? Someone PM me please!

Now for my answer ( Vision! )

Just to "BE" Vision is implied.............................................

The understanding of all that is would never be possible without Vision, Which would not be pertinant whithout Awerness......................And could not be accomplished without acceptance.................As in accepting that there is a fire............Not what started it or why it is on fire.

Marc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

As I read the quote in the OP, I thought to myself "understanding". There is much we can do or not do, there is quiet mind, there is focus, seeing, and on and on, but unless you understand what any of it means, then it is lost.

Here's a perfect example: I shot with an area director once, and he said "much of this sport is about conservation of movement". I nodded my head and said "yup", but it wasn't for a year or two that I really understood the wisdom in that statement. Another example is the phrase "press the trigger". There is a lot of wisdom in the choice of the word "press" versus all of the other possible verbs that could be used. It's still something I am trying to implement without thought, but there is much to be understood about that phrase, I believe.

Understanding - it is the catalyst that makes knowledge valuable.