We'll start with the easiest of the bunch:

OldPics430.jpg

This isn't a good picture, but his name's been mentioned on Brian Enos.com:

OldPics428.jpg

Now it's getting difficult. Mike Benedict will get this one:

OldPics616.jpg

Here's the hardest one of all---even Brian might not know this one:

OldPics340.jpg

Finally, how many of the "shoot off" participants from the 82 (or 83?) IPSC Nationals can you name (there are two that I don't know)--sorry, I kind of cut off the guys on the end, but you can still tell who they are:

OldPics435.jpg

Thanks for playing.

Edited by Early IPSC'er

Finally, how many of the "shoot off" participants from the 82 (or 83?) IPSC Nationals can you name (there are two that I don't know)--sorry, I kind of cut off the guys on the end, but you can still tell who they are: Brian Enos (bottom row, far right), Ron Avery (top row, 2nd from the right), and who could miss Robbies cheesy smile (top row, 3rd from the left?)

OldPics435.jpg

next to robbie is ross seifried and michael plaxco. below them is jim zubiena.

Yes, yes and yes. The 2 that I can't identify are the two between Jim and Bill Wilson (who got cut off on the end).

I'm surprised that no one has come up with the name of the guy on TGO's right (left as you look at the pic)--he's in picture #1. Other than TGO himself, he's the most famous guy in the picture in the current firearms world.

Edited by Early IPSC'er

Shoot Off Picture:

Back row L to R, Don't know, Ed Brown, Rob Leatham, Ross Seifried, Mike Plaxco, Bill Rogers?, Rick Byfield?, John Shaw.

Front row L to R, Bill Wilson, Don't know next 3, Tom Campbell, John Sayle, Brian Enos.

Shoot Off Picture:

Back row L to R, Don't know, Ed Brown, Rob Leatham, Ross Seifried, Mike Plaxco, Bill Rogers?, Rick Byfield?, John Shaw.

Front row L to R, Bill Wilson, Don't know next 3, Tom Campbell, John Sayle, Brian Enos.

Back row:

The guy on the left is the same guy in photo #2. Correct on Eddie Brown--conservatively now the most famous person in the photo in the gun industry with the possible exception of TGO. Correct on Rob, Ross, Mike and Bill---wrong on Byfield (although I'm impressed that people remember Rick) correct on Shaw.

Bottom row: correct on Wilson, I don't know the next two, then Jim Zubiena,correct on Campbell, Sayle and Brian. I'm impressed that you got John Sayle, good call.

Picture 3 is John Farnam in the white shirt.

Good call---back in the day, huh?

The guy with him is Andy Langley, perhaps the most unique shooter that I've ever known. If you look on the thread about the Rhodesia shoot you'll see his pic---Mike Benedict and Andy are good buddies. Andy was in the Marine Corps and served as Elsworth Bunker's body guard while in VietNam--he expatriated to Rhodesia upon discharge and became a Selous Scout---became friends with Raul Walters, Dick Thomas and Ray Chapman at the world shoot and came to the US to work at the Chapman Academy. He, Dick, Raul and Ken Hachathorn formed a company called "Personal Safety" and ran some classes at the Academy for awhile. He was/is a wonderful guy and one of the most talented of the early IPSC competitors.

• 2 weeks later...

Gavin died of cancer. We put him up when he had a lengthy layover in Houston on his way back home a couple weeks before he died.

I knew I knew the person in the photo, but I needed the hint to put it together.

Guy

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...