Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Visiting Seattle, looking for good gun shops

Central Gun Exchange in downtown Seattle is pretty nice. It's been there forever and has that old gun shop vibe. Don't know if they still have the M2 .50 in the window though. :lol: The only other really interesting gun store that occurs to me is Wade's, but that's in Bellevue ("the Beverly Hills of Seattle"). It's very large, very clean, very nicely appointed (a shop and a range) and very expensive - as you would expect from the location.

If you get the opportunity to hit the Pike Place Market, visit The American Sandwich Company. It's been voted the best shop in the Market several times. The last time I was there I ordered their meatloaf sandwich. You're going to think I'm exaggerating, but I assure you I'm not: the meat inside this thing was literally two inches thick, and the sandwich covered every bit of a LARGE plate. Their standing offer, at least when I was there years ago and I doubt it's changed, is that if you can eat that entire monster in one sitting you get it for free. There was NO way. I ate that thing for, like, four days. :)

I don't know about shops, but I did find some killer food when I was there a week ago.

Top Pot Doughnuts

Steelhead Diner

Ray's Cafe and Boathouse

If you have the freetime, the ferry to Victoria, BC is cool and the town is quite nice.

Thanks Dave, I will have to eat so the recommendations will get put to use.

Do you need a passport to go on the ferry?

Central Gun Exchange in downtown Seattle is pretty nice. It's been there forever and has that old gun shop vibe. Don't know if they still have the M2 .50 in the window though. :lol:

Ahhhh, an old dusty gunshop that is exactly (I'm being serious) what I was looking for...one of those places where you're never really sure what you'll find.

Hmmm, that sandwich shop sound great, thanks.

Do you need a passport to go on the ferry?

Yup. They check you going outbound and inbound. Tip - book it online and you'll save 50% on the walkup price.

+1 to Pike's Place Market. Yeah, it's a tourist thing, but they have some killer street food there. Lot's of asian shops (fresh baked hom bow).

I am moving out there soon and was just out there checking things out. If you go to Pikes Place market you have to visit the original Starbuck's of course, but almost as high on my list would be the cheese shop about 3 doors down from Starbucks. I forget the name but you will not miss it. Always very busy. They make cheese on premise. I will be a regular when I get out there. They make a lot of exotic cheeses. They had a Jamaican herb cheese that I loved! You should also go to Iver's for Salmon. Go to the original restaraunt, not one in a mall or the airport. Get the sampler platter with three types of Salmon on it. I am a dedicated carnivore but I would put two of those pieces of fish up against most filets I have had! I did not get time to check out any gun stores. (my wife was with me)

Work is taking me to Seattle for a week here, week there, starting in Feb and going through April or so. I can't bring my shooting gear, so matches are out of the question, but are there any must-see gun shops? Or gun shows?

Hi Bill,

My favorite gun shops around here are Federal Way Guns (Federal Way, WA) Adventure Sports (Lynnwood, WA) Sam's (Everett, WA) and Ben's Loan's (Renton, WA), Bullseye (Tacoma, WA) and the Marksman (Puyallup, WA). It depends on what you are looking for, most of these places are my fave's because they sell reloading equipment and gear, so again, your MMV.

Let me know when you are in town, we shoot USPSA every weekend 6 times a month, sometimes twice a weekend (Sat/Sunday) and IDPA almost every other weekend. The weekdays there are steel plate matches at Champion Arms gunshop/range. (how could I forget that place, another good gunstore/range to visit!)

Bring Ammo, I'll supply everything else, just give me a heads up. We have some awesome matches around here.

Ari B

Edited by Aristotle

Washington Arms Collectors (WAC) usually holds 2 guns shows a month. One in Monroe and one in Puyallup. I believe the one in Puyallup is the bigger of the two. I have been to Puyallup show many times but never to the Monroe show. It is held at the fair grounds and they have it set up in the main exhibition hall. Dates are posted on their website www.washingtonarmscollectors.org .

In addition to the USPSA & IDPA matches, there are two steel matches held monthly. One at Paul Bunyan Rifle Club in Puyallup and the other at Kitsap Rifle & Revolver Club near Bremerton. I normally shoot at Paul Bunyan's match (3rd Sunday) & I'm sure we can find something for you to use if you want to burn some powder. If you like Asian food for a good price try Green Village in Chinatown for some Oriental fast food. Hot, tasty and reasonably priced. Malay Satay is also pretty good.

Central Gun Exchange in downtown Seattle is pretty nice. It's been there forever and has that old gun shop vibe. Don't know if they still have the M2 .50 in the window though. :lol:

Ahhhh, an old dusty gunshop that is exactly (I'm being serious) what I was looking for...one of those places where you're never really sure what you'll find.

Hmmm, that sandwich shop sound great, thanks.

Registered just to let you know...Central's unfortunately closed. Shut down in 2007, a victim of the 'gentrification' of the area of downtown Seattle that they were located at. About the only thing left in that area of the old days is the sex shop that was next door to Central. Old school pawn shops that still do firearms are an endangered species here in Seattle. Capitol Loans just up the hill and east of Seattle is one of the very few left inside the city limits.

Hope you see this before you come.

If you have wheels, might want to make the trek up to Kesselrings. About 80 miles north of Seattle, but worth the journey... they have freakin' everything.

And, as Aristotle said, if you want to shoot just let us know. We'll gear you up. matches pretty much every weekend day...

If you have wheels, might want to make the trek up to Kesselrings. About 80 miles north of Seattle, but worth the journey... they have freakin' everything.

And, as Aristotle said, if you want to shoot just let us know. We'll gear you up. matches pretty much every weekend day...

Kesselrings is by far the best. Federal way is also good; atypical "gun store employees." Wades has alot but is very overpriced.

Pike Place is the best; don't forget the Gyros on the main drag, Irish Pub on the alley east of the Market proper, and there is a good Bolivian restaurant on the 2nd deck just at the point where the alley meets the main strip.

Central Gun Exchange in downtown Seattle is pretty nice. It's been there forever and has that old gun shop vibe. Don't know if they still have the M2 .50 in the window though. :lol: The only other really interesting gun store that occurs to me is Wade's, but that's in Bellevue ("the Beverly Hills of Seattle"). It's very large, very clean, very nicely appointed (a shop and a range) and very expensive - as you would expect from the location.

In the early 80's us Bellvueites considered Mercer Island as Snob City. Now everything from Issaquah to the water is a zoo.

THis thread makes me miss living on the peninsula. Pikes, I used to get great eats there! And yes that meatloaf sandwich is HUGE! Good too. I miss that place. Wife and I used to visit at least twice a year after I moved back here. Hope you enjoy it!

JZ

My import store has been in business on 1st and Pine (directly across the street from Pikes Place Mkt) since 1986. Never a dull moment around there, especially in the spring and summer time. Huge concentration of everyone and everything. Food anywhere at Pikes Place is fabulous, bring some good walking shoes, you can easily lose a weekend in the streets of Seattle.

I've been going there since a kid for our store, and it still never bores me.

I had a great time walking around Pikes Market Place. Even took the boat tour when I was there. Wish I could have stayed longer to check out some othe things. Was there less than 24hrs. Was just a day trip.