Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 USPSA Western PA Section Championship by Infinity Firea

Definitely a stage that can lose you the match if you blow it. Slow, steady, get your hits. You aren't gonna win the match on that stage but it could sure cost you the win. I'm gonna try and do some 50 yard practice.

Be glad it is not steel

At least if it was steel it would be Comstock instead of Virginia and you'd actually know if you were hitting anything! Gimme the steel! :devil:

Good point, but wheres the fun in that....

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a stage that can lose you the match if you blow it. Slow, steady, get your hits. You aren't gonna win the match on that stage but it could sure cost you the win. I'm gonna try and do some 50 yard practice.

Be glad it is not steel

At least if it was steel it would be Comstock instead of Virginia and you'd actually know if you were hitting anything! Gimme the steel! :devil:

Good point, but wheres the fun in that....

The stage is simply a test of shooting skill. :D

I don't disagree with that Matt, not at all. For me, hitting a USPSA target at 50 yards with both hands is a skill. I've shot at 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper targets at fifty and have to be benched to hit it. Add another 30 feet and a dysfunctional hand... without a sand bag... :ph34r: I really hope I can get some practice in before this match. :surprise:

Be glad it is not steel

good point

• 1 month later...

I’ll be up north with the wife for the holiday weekend, and was glad to see there’s a major match available that weekend. Then I saw stage one. I was hoping it was a misprint, and they reversed the order of the boxes. Since they didn’t, I guess it’s time to find a 60 yd bay to practice in.

• 4 weeks later...

Ill be there Matt. Oh and Roy youll have to suffer through the match without me, Ill be working it. Ill even bring my overlays for your targets. LOL! H!

So who else is in? Looks like it will be a great match, with some great staff as usual. :)

Yeah, but Harry, I have seen you do the overlay thing. I think you missed out on that section when George Jones was teaching it. You allways score my targets with an "Alpha, Mike" and sometimes you even throw in a "No Shoot" penalty just for good measure. What's up with that? Come on man, show some love.

Is this your way of not competing with me this year? I have to get a shot at beating you this year. You beat me last time in Pennsylvania so now it is my turn to return the favor. Don't give me this I have to work the match excuse or my gun is broken and I have to send it to Derek (think I can bribe him to keep your gun out of service till right before the match so you get no practice?). Any advantage real or percieved, buddy.

Aint ya glad that we're friendly about this?

Yeah, but Harry, I have seen you do the overlay thing. I think you missed out on that section when George Jones was teaching it. You allways score my targets with an "Alpha, Mike" and sometimes you even throw in a "No Shoot" penalty just for good measure. What's up with that? Come on man, show some love.

Is this your way of not competing with me this year? I have to get a shot at beating you this year. You beat me last time in Pennsylvania so now it is my turn to return the favor. Don't give me this I have to work the match excuse or my gun is broken and I have to send it to Derek (think I can bribe him to keep your gun out of service till right before the match so you get no practice?). Any advantage real or percieved, buddy.

Friendly? With friends like you who needs a match score? Well if I dont get my gun back by then, I guess youll have to shoot production with me, so start practicing. Oh by the way, I never give you an alpha, mike, no shoot, YOU EARN THEM! So I hear your driving the bus to the match, whos on board anyway? This time dont take the small one to the match, people are starting to talk Roy. :roflol::cheers:

Ok, some I did some searching. Ok so what does Pittsburgh,PA, Rochester, NY and Akron, OH all have in common? They are all within a little over 2 hours drive to this match.

Do you fall into this geographic area?

Do you want to shoot a half day schedule?

Do you want to shoot 7 great challenging stages?

Do you want to see Roy Neal drive his short bus to the match?

ALL THIS IS POSSIBLE IF YOU GO TO THIS MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!

If you live within this area mentioned above you are probably already signed up for the match and thank you. If your not get the applications in as slots are going fast. Oh one other thing, if you live outside this area you should be going to this match as well! Im driving a little over 5 hours to this event, so should you! Coming from the east coast area let me know, we can carpool or caravan out to the match. If your coming from the southeast Michigan area then maybe Roy can find some room on his bus or the caravan driving through. :roflol:

Good times, good times.

Oh yeah Roy! Im going to have someone follow you around like a caddy. They will be holding up a sign with my HHF on each stage and announcing you as you step up to the starting position. Then with a loud hush, the crowd quiets, Roy looks at the FFZ, he takes a deep breath and BEEP! Instant reset, another stage tossed onto the bonfire. Oh this is going to be a great time Roy, great times indeed! :sight:

Oh my... The smack talk has started... Let the games begin!

Looks like I will be riding on that short bus...

woof

Will you be riding or driving, usually Roy plays host and makes sure the cocktails are always filled. Or wait maybe thats a waitress, oh bad memories, bad memories. :cheers:

If you were having cocktails with Roy... you would defiantly remember the scantily clad waitresses... and the bad memories would be explaining the grin on your face to your wife / girlfriend :surprise:

woof

If you were having cocktails with Roy... you would defiantly remember the scantily clad waitresses... and the bad memories would be explaining the grin on your face to your wife / girlfriend :surprise:

woof

What Roy are you talking about? Maybe ROBROY? :roflol:

Hunter will be going back to college on 8/21, so he is not sure that he can get away. I would sure like to be there. Erie, Pa. is a great town. I spent a week end there when I was working.I have to decide if I will go it alone ( maybe my wife will go.) I will be shooting at Ashland Ky. this Sunday I will check, and see if there is any shooters there that are interested. Hope to see yuall soon. ---JWB