Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 MGM Ironman

Actually I put that stage together last night, and there will be bonus targets at 550, 720, and about 950 yards. All worth 15 seconds per hit with a maximum of 5 hits per target...basically you have the potential to get 225 seconds in bonus' here.

The fourth gun can be anything you want...literally. Last year a guy brought a .50. I don't think he got a single bonus target, but he seemed to have fun shooting it. I'm looking at borrowing a .408 Chey Tac this year. These should be easy money with that gun!!!devil.gif

Lots of people are using .308s. Some 6.8's, 270's, 300wm....all your basic long range calibers. Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Adios,

TG

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you may have already caught wind of this but if you haven't this is really exciting news for the 3 gun world! Shortly there will be a link on the MGM Targets page that gives all the details of a new show that is going to air on the Versus channel....and guess what!?!? The MGM Ironman is one of the five events!!! It is going to film five matches where the top 8 shooters in each division will go to a shoot off at the end of the match to claim the title of match winner for that event...oh yea...and $5000!!! Here are the five events to be filmed:

Superstition Mystery Mountain

Blue Ridge Mountain 3 gun

FNH 3 Gun

MGM Ironman

USPSA 3 Gun Nationals

This is going to be sweet!!! cheers.gifgoof.gif

Adios,

TG

What? 950 yards?

Well I do know where i can borrow a 50 BMG from a "Sniper" that's dialed in to 80 yards.

he's willing to lend it to me because I found a 50 BMG target for him.

"I'll be standing over here in case your scope comes off again"

"Yeah the recoil from a 50 will toss it that far"

Some of you may have already caught wind of this but if you haven't this is really exciting news for the 3 gun world! Shortly there will be a link on the MGM Targets page that gives all the details of a new show that is going to air on the Versus channel....and guess what!?!? The MGM Ironman is one of the five events!!! It is going to film five matches where the top 8 shooters in each division will go to a shoot off at the end of the match to claim the title of match winner for that event...oh yea...and $5000!!! Here are the five events to be filmed:

FNH 3 Gun

MGM Ironman

USPSA 3 Gun Nationals

Adios,

TG

Great news!!! This is exactly the kind of publicity 3 gun needs & deserves. I may have to relook at my match schedule. Who knows they may put someone like me on TV for the "if this guy can do it why not you too?" aspect. :)

Here are the five events to be filmed:

FNH 3 Gun

MGM Ironman

USPSA 3 Gun Nationals

Adios,

TG

Any luck and I will make all of these matches, I wonder if I'll look fat on TV?

Doug

As far as I know it's pretty much the norm. IronMan is the only 6 gun match in the nation. You can bring 4 and you shoot 2 subguns that are supplied on one of the stages.

Doug

Last year we brought 4, and there were 5 at the match. An MP5 and Thompson (thanks Alan) and an AK, M16 and M240 on the mystery stage. That makes it a 9 gun match!

As far as I know it's pretty much the norm. IronMan is the only 6 gun match in the nation. You can bring 4 and you shoot 2 subguns that are supplied on one of the stages.

Doug

Last year we brought 4, and there were 5 at the match. An MP5 and Thompson (thanks Alan) and an AK, M16 and M240 on the mystery stage. That makes it a 9 gun match!

There is the possibility that this year might be a 10 gun and maybe even an 11 gun match. Everything from last year...and a 40mm gernade launcher....we'll see.

Adios,

TG

FNH 3 Gun

MGM Ironman

USPSA 3 Gun Nationals

Adios,

TG

Pretty exciting stuff!

Do you know what divisions they are going to have, just Open and Tactical, or are they going to do Open, Tac, Tac Irons and HM?

Edited by gose

Doug

There is the possibility that this year might be a 10 gun and maybe even an 11 gun match. Everything from last year...and a 40mm gernade launcher....we'll see.

Adios,

TG

Looks like I missed some fun last year, but thats better than being dead because I missed my daugher's high school graduation!

Doug

FNH 3 Gun

MGM Ironman

USPSA 3 Gun Nationals

Adios,

TG

Pretty exciting stuff!

Do you know what divisions they are going to have, just Open and Tactical, or are they going to do Open, Tac, Tac Irons and HM?

There needs to be at least 8 shooters in each division if I am not mistaken.

Adios,

TG

Doug

Adios,

TG

So, if I remove another small piece of me with one of the 6+ supplied guns can I still finish? :goof:

Scott

Looks like I missed some fun last year, but thats better than being dead because I missed my daugher's high school graduation!

Doug

I think you made the right choice, I missed 2008 for the same reason so I could live to make 2009!

Two squads filled up this morning. There are only 38 spots left. If you want to shoot with your buddies, tell them to hurry and get their entries in. I hate to be this way, but this is a "first come first served" match.

On a semi related note, the gals who have cooked lunch for us in the past will be back again this year!!! One of the things we did to lower the entry fees to the match was not include the lunch. The lunches will be $8 and $6 for breakfast. I'll be posting an address shortly on where to send your money. I will not be involved with lunch this year.

We have something special "cooking" for lunch on Saturday. I think you'll all really like it and the best part about it is IT'S FREE!!! Primary Weapons Systems bought lunch last year just because they are good guys. This year we have another good guy looking to do the same thing. I'll post more details as they become available.

Adios,

TG

What is the plan for us troopers in regards to lunch? As long as there is a lunch service, should it be compulsory to buy lunch from the on site vendor to comply with the spirit of the rules?

Thanks!

P.S. I ordered a pallet of your targets on a Wed. and they came off the freight truck the following Monday. You team is first rate, great to deal with as always.

This may have been covered some where but I can't find it.

Question - If I try trooper and need to drop out for whatever reason, can I shoot in scoped tactical if all of my guns conform but I used a carbine in the previous stages?

Thanks and really looking forward to the match,

Jason

What is the plan for us troopers in regards to lunch? As long as there is a lunch service, should it be compulsory to buy lunch from the on site vendor to comply with the spirit of the rules?

Thanks!

P.S. I ordered a pallet of your targets on a Wed. and they came off the freight truck the following Monday. You team is first rate, great to deal with as always.

You can buy breakfast and lunch on site and we'll provide water...other than that, you're on your own.

Glad to hear we got you taken care of on the targets and we appreciate the kind words. We'll keep doing our best to provide you all with exceptional customer service!!!

Adios,

TG

This may have been covered some where but I can't find it.

Question - If I try trooper and need to drop out for whatever reason, can I shoot in scoped tactical if all of my guns conform but I used a carbine in the previous stages?

Thanks and really looking forward to the match,

Jason

That is a good question. If you have already used your carbine you might not be able to drop out of Trooper as none of the other open shooters get to use a carbine....just don't drop out!! biggrin.gif

Adios,

TG