Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Steel City Carbine Championship

Great to see everyone at the match this weekend!

I'm waiting on confirmation on a few missing score sheets and should have the preliminary results out sometime later today. Tentative congratulations to the category winners:

Tac Optics:

1st - Frank Proctor

2nd - Tod Litt

3rd - Rob Romero

Tac Irons:

1st - Ryan Nowell

Heavy Metal Optics:

1st - Jason Wong

Heavy Metal Irons

1st - Will Jones

Update: Preliminary scores have been e-mailed to the shooters.

I did not get the prelim scores emailed to me. My email addr is tddkunz@hotmail.com

Could someone email them to me? Thanks.

Edited by tk4

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THis is certainly a 'must shoot' match for me every year. David, your wife, all the RO's, the great sponsors and the fantastic facility deserve standing ovation. Thank you!

TC

A great match for sure. :cheers: If my wife told me I could only shoot one match a year....this would be it. Absolutely my favorite match of the year. Even in the rain...I still had a ball. Congrats to Frank Proctor for shooting a solid clean match in Tac Optics and to the other winners of their divisions.

Hats off to David and his wife, Bill McDonald, Steffan, Randall, all the RO's who volunteered their time and the gracious sponsors and anyone else I may have left out in the long list of folks it takes to run such a quality match. And definitely a huge THANKS to the host range...Brock's Gap Training Center...aka Steel City.

Looking forward to next year already and to those that don't mind the drive there is a carbine match at Steel City every 5th Saturday that is every bit as good.

Here, here I'll certainly second Tod's comments.

Be careful Jeremy you don't want to be agreeing with Tod to often :P Great match, thanks David we had a great time. And congratulations Frank on your victory.

Edited by BrianATL

Thanks David and Kim for an awsome match. Thanks also to the sponsors, Steel city , RO's and workers behind the scene. Especially the Ro's they went the extra mile to make everyones match an enjoyable one. Also enjoyed shooting with everyone on squad 7. Thanks Malcome

Prelim results.....have not seen finals yet....but should be close.. :surprise:

Thanks Randal. I was missing a couple of score sheets but that's all squared away. I'll give everyone another day or so to check for any scoring mistakes, then the finals will be posted on the Steel City website.

Thanks so much for all the nice comments. I'm GLAD it looks like most folks had a good time!

David

Hey, did any of you guys happen to get any pics of the match? If so, I could use a few for my AAR to the sponsors. Kind of helps to include pictures of previous matches when asking them to support us and after match follow up. If so, just send me an e-mail or PM and I'll make arrangements to get 'em from you.

Thanks!

David

Another great match by DT1 and crew. Even though more than 1/2 the match is on short bays, David and his crew (Randal, Stefan, and others) really use their imaginations to come up with stages that are very challenging, while still being a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone that helped make it run so well. Always a good match.

Congrats to all the winners, some good shooting going on.

Thanks to all the sponsors. Very nice prize table. Thanks also to Robert and Peter for making me feel at home on 4 Sunday. Pleasure working with you both.

Take care.

This was my first rifle match and I really enjoyed it. Well worth the 7+hr drive. I will be back. Does anyone know of any other similar rifle only matches, within about 6hrs of St Louis?

This was my first rifle match and I really enjoyed it. Well worth the 7+hr drive. I will be back. Does anyone know of any other similar rifle only matches, within about 6hrs of St Louis?

Check the thread for the Oklahoma City Gun CLub under this section of BE. They are running a 6 stage match June 20th and are talking about another one in the fall.

I have shot USPSA pistol and Multi Gun matches there and can vouch that they put on a good match. The range is in Arcadia just east of OK City which would put it around 7 1/2- 8 hrs from St. Louis.

Sam Keen has also run a rifle match in Norhtern Mississippi ( SE of memphis) in the past.

Robert Adams

L2723