Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Steel City Carbine Championship

Happy New Year Everyone!

Everything's been worked out with the range for the 2010 Steel City Carbine Championship. The match will be held on Saturday, May 29th or Sunday, May 30th. Like last year, it will be a one day format, pick the day you want to shoot.

I'll be e-mailing applications and info out to everyone on my mailing list later today or tomorrow and everything will be posted on the Steel City website later this week or early next week. It'll be the usual fun 7 stages with prize distribution by random drawing at the end of each day. Match fee is the same as last year ($60) and it'll include a t-shirt.

The match has filled up early both of the previous years so don't wait too long to send in your application if you want to shoot. Be sure to indicate squad requests when you send in your registration.

For those who haven't seen the range lately, a lot has been done, especially to E-range (the long range). It's opened up a lot of exciting opportunities for fun!

If you are interested in shooting Friday and helping with a stage Saturday or Sunday let me know, we'll take good care of you. If you want to shoot either Saturday or Sunday and help the day you don't shoot, let me know that also. I can use all the help I can get.

SCHEDULING NOTE: Due to a schedule conflict with the match directors, the January carbine match is cancelled. I hope to see everyone in May!

David

Edited by dt1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is the big match in May like last year or Dec for 2010?

No, it's in May. I always had a hard time remembering what order the months come in.....

I corrected it, thanks Jeff.

SUH-WHEEEET

This is probably my favorite match besides Benning.

Those Bama boys do it up right........go figure.

Well were not technically BAMA boys....Tapp is a Florida Gator, me Auburn and Stefan, not quite sure...me thinks he could possibly bat from both sides of the plate :roflol:

Tapp has fallen into the GOOD graces of the BOD for the range and they are really supporting him with the use of several of the Long Range bays ( I told him as long as he does not get crazy and keep em- under three fifty....

Edited by DrawandDuck

Yeah be careful swinging that "bama" label around (especially at present)...next thing you know we're going to call you a Yellow Jacket or something. <_< WDE!

I e-mailed out the applications and match info this morning. I got several delivery failure notices so if you didn't get an e-mail from me and want the app and info, send me a message here on the forum with your e-mail address and I'll get it out to you.

Everything will be posted on the Steel City website by early next week at the latest.

Thanks!

SUH-WHEEEET

Well were not technically BAMA boys....Tapp is a Florida Gator, me Auburn and Stefan, not quite sure...me thinks he could possibly bat from both sides of the plate :roflol:

Tapp has fallen into the GOOD graces of the BOD for the range and they are really supporting him with the use of several of the Long Range bays ( I told him as long as he does not get crazy and keep em- under three fifty....

Wha........?

SUH-WHEEEET

Wha........?

Stefan doesn't bat from both sides of the plate, we just don't know who he roots for in college football.

Flash targets out to 500yds.........just kidding, 250yds and maybe one or two a bit further.....I'll keep everyone posted.

I will be there. I really like shooting this match, challenging stages, lots of fun, good people. :cheers:

Hurley

Looking forward to seeing you in May Hurley. It wouldn't be the same without you!

For those of you wanting to get in a rifle match in January, and are close. CRSSA (where the MS 3-gun challenge was) will be filling in for the steel city January match........5 stages 0-300 yds.

map at www.crssa.com

entries will be posted soon.

HOP

same rules, same price, same prizes(as the non-big match) :cheers:

HOP

Thanks to the certificate for a free entry I received at the Memphis Charity Challenge (thanks Hopalong) I will be trying my hand at this match. I had been thinking about trying a rifle/carbine match, but had not made a firm decision to participate in one until I obtained the certificate. I look forward to this match, and the challenge. :D

Thanks to the certificate for a free entry I received at the Memphis Charity Challenge (thanks Hopalong) I will be trying my hand at this match. I had been thinking about trying a rifle/carbine match, but had not made a firm decision to participate in one until I obtained the certificate. I look forward to this match, and the challenge. :D

I'm sure you'll have a good time Robert, we'll look forward to having you down to shoot with us in May.

David

Match Hotel is the Drury Inn & Suites at $69.00 + tax per night. This is a really nice hotel located just off I-459 on Hwy 280.

Drury Inn & Suites Southeast

3510 Grandview Parkway

Birmingham, AL

205-967-2450

To make reservations, please click on the link below.

http://www.druryhotels.com/Reservations.aspx?groupno=2082284

The hotel offers great amenities, such as:

* FREE! HOT! QUIKSTART ® Breakfast- Enjoy scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, Belgian waffles & more!

* FREE! Evening Beverages and Snacks now served daily from 5:30-7:00pm

* FREE! High-Speed Internet Access in Every Room

* FREE! NEW! Free Long Distance - One Hour Every Room, Every Night!

Please make your reservations by Wednesday, April 28, 2010 to receive our group rate. Reservations made after this date will be subject to prevailing rate and availability.

Edited by DrawandDuck

Thanks for posting the hotel information Randal.

If you need a room for this match, be sure to book one early. The SEC baseball tourny is the same weekend and hotel rooms might be a bit hard to come by.

Just a quick update, LaRue Tactical and CPWSA have committed support for the match this year. Thanks to Greg and Chris for helping again this year as well as the previous two years.

Further updates as conditions warrant (ie: SHOT concludes so these guys have time to think about things like sponsoring shooting matches.)