Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weak Hand Reload Video Tutorial

cold

Rob Romero and I have wanted to make a "how to" perform a weak hand reload video.

Yesterday we took the afternoon and filmed various segments describing "how" to perform a weak hand reload on both a semi auto and pump shotgun. Its not

"the" way, its just one way.

Also included in the video is tips for shooting the Texas Star with a shotgun (both Standard and Upside down versions), weak hand reloading with lateral movement (left to right and right to left), forward movement with the weak hand reload and some malfunction clearing.

There is "barrels eye view" video from the barrel cam as well.

The video is filmed in 1080p HD Video, so give it time to load for best results.

We hope this helps answer any lingering questions related to the weak hand reload.

Link to Youtube Video

Edited by cold

Great video, guys. That's the most I've ever heard Rob say without any colorful language!

:)

And for post #6

Ahh, the magic of editing.

I just had a daughter so I am trying to clean up my image, so to speak.

Anything on youtube can and will be used against you, so I was trying to exercise some forethought.

I hope this video helps out and answers some of the more common and repeated questions on the weak hand reload.

M50

Edited by mr50mag

Rob, think about how much faster you would be if you didn't have to remove the butt from your shoulder??????

nice video guys, who decided that Jansen would be the strong silent type???????????

trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

I've started taking a liking to keeping the gun mounted to the shoulder while loading weak hand. Much faster. I've just done it the other way so long its a hard habit to change. But I'll agree.....its faster and has good benefits.

I really expected him to show how to help your buddy during a stage by throwing all his shells at their feet. :roflol:

Rob, think about how much faster you would be if you didn't have to remove the butt from your shoulder??????

nice video guys, who decided that Jansen would be the strong silent type???????????

trapr

He was running the camera and taking notes.

Oh, I have tried it and it feels faster, but the distance and the position of the shells when your hand is fully extended is iffy at best with me.

It's like trying to reload a pistol with the gun fully extended, and the reload for me at least feels more intuitive and natural as well as being fully ingrained from the pistol aspect.

I do suggest people try both but the key is not dropping them and that leads to consistancy which is the base for fast reloads.

Rob

I am a relative newbie (compared to most around here) to multi-gun, so I found your video very informative. I'm still adjusting to using the shotgun for something other than filling the freezer. :lol: Thanks for posting. I look forward to others.

I had some requests for a DVD of the "How to" Perform the weak hand reload.

I burned several copies and had a some extras left over. If anyone would like a copy of the 9 minuet presentation on DVD format for instructional purposes or to simply watch on TV while practicing, please shoot me a PM via this site with your address and I will drop a copy into the mail for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Rob and Jansen! I said last year about this time, I was going to try the weak hand reload. This Vid clip gave me the boost I needed to just "DO IT". Got the holders on my belt and giving it a go.

If I can keep the 4 rounds in my Burger King small hands, on the way to the gun, it might be faster. Practice will tell the story.

Congrats on the little one Rob I had no idea. Welcome to the 18 year club.

Alan