Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ordering a CR speed belt . . .

Pro2AInPA

I'd say order 1-2 sizes larger than your normal belt size, whole lot easier to have it too big and cut it off than to try to stretch it.

Placing my order with CPWSA now. :cheers:

Ok so just to make sure I get a size I'm going to be happy with. . . I swear size 36 jeans. The pants I wear when I carry concealed IWB and therefore my concealed carry belt as well are 38. Should I get a size 38 CR speed belt?

I'd say order 1-2 sizes larger than your normal belt size, whole lot easier to have it too big and cut it off than to try to stretch it.

Ok so just to make sure I get a size I'm going to be happy with. . . I swear size 36 jeans. The pants I wear when I carry concealed IWB and therefore my concealed carry belt as well are 38. Should I get a size 38 CR speed belt?

You need to measure your actual waist size. If any doubt go 1 size bigger. I wear 38 jeans my actual waist size is 42 so I have the CR speed belt size of 44. Hope that helps.

BK

I wear size 40 pants. I use a 44 CR belt and it's just right for me. Not too much, not to little. About 5-6" overlap. HTH.

JimInFl

I wear a size 38 belt normally. I have tried a 36, 38, and a 40.

I tried the 36 because I don't like the overlap on the inner belt. The smaller size would have worked but it just didn't feel like there was enough overlap on the inner belt. There definately was not enough overlap on the outer belt with the smaller size!

I tried the 40 to get more overlap on the outer belt and it worked. However I didn't like the extra overlap on the inner at all.

So I now use the 38 inner belt which is my regular belt size. I then use the 40 outer belt to get a little more overlap. It gives me enough overlap to use 2 of the belt keepers which feels very safe!

I use my 40 inner and 38 outer as my practice rig.

I have what might be a silly quesiton. How do these belts keep your pants up? Do you guys wear a normal belt under the inner velcro belt or do you just have to wear pants that fit tight and don't need a belt? Since there are no buckles or anything, I don't see how these competition belts hold your pants up? :unsure:

I have what might be a silly quesiton. How do these belts keep your pants up? Do you guys wear a normal belt under the inner velcro belt or do you just have to wear pants that fit tight and don't need a belt? Since there are no buckles or anything, I don't see how these competition belts hold your pants up? :unsure:

The inner belt goes through your pant belt loops and velcros together tight. Then the outer belt velcros to the inner belt. :cheers:

BK

PM sent.

• 5 weeks later...

Also, just remember, even if the belt is to big it will still wrap with all the velcro and its out of the way behind you. Unless you wrap differently. I ordered mine a size or two larger and could have gone a size or two smaller. But also remember that once you put all your gear on it seems to shrink.