Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Race Holster For An Open Glock

Nik Habicht

Hi Nik,

Take a look at the Hogue PowerSpeed

I don't know if it's as good as it's hype because I didn't buy one, but I did take a look at it when I was shopping for a skeletonized rig a while back (settled on a Limcat for my souper instead, but they don't hold Glocks).

The PowerSpeed looks like it will allow just about anything to fit in it because it only holds the trigger guard. I haven't found anything negative about it in my research so far. But then again, I don't know of anyone using one either.

Regards,

Hi Nik,

Take a look at the Hogue PowerSpeed

I don't know if it's as good as it's hype because I didn't buy one, but I did take a look at it when I was shopping for a skeletonized rig a while back (settled on a Limcat for my souper instead, but they don't hold Glocks).

The PowerSpeed looks like it will allow just about anything to fit in it because it only holds the trigger guard. I haven't found anything negative about it in my research so far. But then again, I don't know of anyone using one either.

Regards,

Nothing negative??? :o

Try a search here...there is plenty negative said about the Power Speed!!!

I know...I have used one for a while...and I've heard an earful from the start.

Mine works fine on the long, flat, slab-side of my G35. I don't trust it much for a heavy 1911, however (of course, locked it will hold).

And, it's a nogo for Open Glocks with optic mounts. (Should be fine for a Doctor/Optima mounted on the slide.)

Ya Know, Flex, I did a search on the Forums with "hogue", "powerspeed" & "power speed" and came up bupkus. Just a lot of stuff about Hogue grip inserts for Glocks, but nothing on the Hogue PowerSpeed holster except for this here thread.

Show me the negative! (I really am interested in finding out more about this holster).

TL,

I'm thinking bench grinder first --- dremel for cleanup.... I'll have to let you know how it goes... Last year after spending the better part of a grand on new camera flashes the first thing I did after opening the boxes, was to grind a clearance oval in the battery compartment door for the cable for the big batteries... I'm pretty sure that voided the warranty -- but AAs die too quickly.

Searching on magnets and magnetic (all forums) will net some results

Still coming up pretty much bupkus with "magnet" "magnets" & "magnetic"

The following thread is the only mention other than this one. Pretty anemic info so far, and nothing informative whatsoever.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...3087&hl=magnets

Looks like the big thread on holster is lost.

It was from way back in time. It was quite a few pages long, with a bunch of posts dogging the Hogue Power Speed.

I bumped up a post that had a link(to the big holster thread)...maybe Brian can trace down the thread?

Here are some other threads:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...&hl=power+speed

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...&hl=power+speed

The Hogue works well for a Glock IF you use the lock for anything other than a stand and draw proposition. If you bump your gun without the lock on the odds are high that your gun will fall out. With the lock on, it is virtually impossible to knock it out. The lock itself is easily disengaged with your strong thumb as you grasp your gun for the draw. I have DQ'd with mine twice now by banging the gun without the lock on. I am currently using a more idiot proof B-T DAO. I may go back to the Houge if I start shooting Limited again. I did remove the rear portion of the lock, seemed to be in the way at the time I set it up. It can be a very fast holster.

I don't see how it could work for a Carver mount on a Glock. It won't.

TommyB

On the Hogue: Pretend the magnets aren't there. Use the semi-race mode on ALL courses of fire. Hit the slide-lock with your thumb on the draw & you'll be fine.

PS - I would never buy one, my Glock is ugly enough already. Very happy with the low-cut Helweg & CR Speed gear.

I successfully altered the CR Speed holster to take the G-17 with the Carver Mount. The few things learned: Make sure you set the white tension adjustment screw the way you want it before you start --- it will be virtually impossible to adjust it later, as the head will be ground off. Remove the metal hanger and its attachment point from the holster body --- unless you like to watch the cool sparks fly when you touch the maetal to Dremel or Bench Grinder. Really watch what you're doing then you're trimming the rail above the holster's trigger guard locking block --- you don't want to make this area too thin. Go Slow here. the holster material is very soft, the dremel will melt it in short order....

The bench grinder really helps for the big cuts....

Oh, Yeah, the final result's really ugly! But it works well....