Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPMS Tri-Gun Challenge

The Grandstay was almost across the street from the Radisson, and in the past they would offer a discount to Tri-Gun competitors. It had really nice facilities.

Albert- i would suggest using the GrandStay as a backup to the Radisson. I mean really, if competitors aren't going to use the match hotel, why do I bother setting up a block/special rate? I haven't yet spoken with the GrandStay so I can't guarantee that there will be a reduced rate like years past...

Lea

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Grandstay was almost across the street from the Radisson, and in the past they would offer a discount to Tri-Gun competitors. It had really nice facilities.

Albert- i would suggest using the GrandStay as a backup to the Radisson. I mean really, if competitors aren't going to use the match hotel, why do I bother setting up a block/special rate? I haven't yet spoken with the GrandStay so I can't guarantee that there will be a reduced rate like years past...

Lea

I checked online yesterday, Radisson shows as being FULL, but called and spoke with gal at the desk. They had about 30 rooms for the match set aside, that is why it shows as full when trying to book on line. Lined one up for the match dates in 5 minutes.

Edited by Coyotes52

Lea,

Thanks for posting the "conditional" list. Is there any chance of the handguns being added? Just wanted to check on how the legal battle for the handguns is going. Is there anything, as competitors, that we can do to help?

Doug

Lea

Lea,

I appreciate all your hard work I was simply offering a suggestion to the posting that "the Radisson is full"

I called and received two rooms at the Radisson. They are not full.

I booked rooms this morning. Clerk said DPMS-blocked rooms were all that were left.

Not sure how many however.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

i was taking a look at www.trigunchallenge.com and saw the preliminary round count for the event- Shotgun: 141; Rifle: 144; Slugs: 8. Is it just me or does that seem really low for such a large match, especially now without the pistol aspect. just trying to get a handle on how much ammo Im going to need to bring with me.

Corey, do you think you can shoot all available scoring targets without any misses?

:)

Don't confuse minimum round count w/ how many rounds YOU will need to complete the match.

I dont plan on missing if thats what you mean ;) but yea I always take about double what im told the round count is. Just seems like either there are a lot of short stages planned or just a few lengthy ones with that low of a count.

My name was on the list but my card has not been charged yet. No doubt it just takes a while to go through all the entries and enter the info.

I am sure Lea is swamped with preparing for this event. I am not worried about it.

I plan to show up and have fun.

Craig

My name was on the list but my card has not been charged yet. No doubt it just takes a while to go through all the entries and enter the info.

I am sure Lea is swamped with preparing for this event. I am not worried about it.

I plan to show up and have fun.

Craig

That's what I was thinking, just thought I'd check with you guys.

I didn't make the "Conditional Competitor" list so I guess I'm out of luck this year?? Due to an uncertain work schedule, I sent in my app and check a week after the new application start date (my check hasn't been cashed). Based on popularity of the match, I didn't really expect to make it in, but thought it was worth a shot.

Last week I sent an e-mail to the match POCs asking them to confirm that I didn't make the match and what the status of my check was. To date, I've received no reply.

Maybe after dealing with Linda Chico, my expectations have become too high, but failing to answer e-mail is bothersome. Realize they have more demand than slots, but that doesn't excuse the failure to communicate. Anyone else had better luck getting hold of them?

Seems like the match is gettig awfully close and many questions remain unanswered. Still wish I had made the competitor list - maybe next year?

I didn't make the "Conditional Competitor" list so I guess I'm out of luck this year?? Due to an uncertain work schedule, I sent in my app and check a week after the new application start date (my check hasn't been cashed). Based on popularity of the match, I didn't really expect to make it in, but thought it was worth a shot.

Last week I sent an e-mail to the match POCs asking them to confirm that I didn't make the match and what the status of my check was. To date, I've received no reply.

Maybe after dealing with Linda Chico, my expectations have become too high, but failing to answer e-mail is bothersome. Realize they have more demand than slots, but that doesn't excuse the failure to communicate. Anyone else had better luck getting hold of them?

Seems like the match is gettig awfully close and many questions remain unanswered. Still wish I had made the competitor list - maybe next year?

Well I can't speak for them not getting back to you. But I can tell you that I faxed mine in less than 24 hours after the opening and I did not get it.

I know the uncertainty of weather we are in a match drives us crazy, but as we all know it's a lot of work to organize huge events and DPMS is also fighting the battles up there over range usage, so lets give them all the slack we can and they deserve! They have done a phenominal job on all the matches in the past and supporting so many other matches that others put on. I know shorter notice makes it tougher on us all, but I know they are working to figure out the best solutions to ensure the greatest shooter satisfaction.

Few companies have done so much for so long for 3 gun as DPMS, thanks

just me! :cheers:

Edited by benelli2

I know the uncertainty of weather we are in a match drives us crazy, but as we all know it's a lot of work to organize huge events and DPMS is also fighting the battles up there over range usage, so lets give them all the slack we can and they deserve! They have done a phenominal job on all the matches in the past and supporting so many other matches that others put on. I know shorter notice makes it tougher on us all, but I know they are working to figure out the best solutions to ensure the greatest shooter satisfaction.

You are right - DPMS certainly supports the sport and deserves our support in return. I guess my point is that a large percentage of shooters must take leave / schedule vacation days well in advance and well - there simply has to be a better way to skin the cat so folks don't have to guess whether or not they're "in". I didn't mean for my comments to be so scathing.

You are right - DPMS certainly supports the sport and deserves our support in return. I guess my point is that a large percentage of shooters must take leave / schedule vacation days well in advance and well - there simply has to be a better way to skin the cat so folks don't have to guess whether or not they're "in". I didn't mean for my comments to be so scathing.

All- Sorry for the lack of communication but I have been on the road most of the last three weeks and am still traveling. It is tough to respond to all the emails that come in, not only my DPMS emails but also the Tri-Gun Challenge emails. When I am back in the office on Monday I will try to get everyone caught up on the match! Again, my apologies.

Lea L Ramthun

Very well put Jeff. Most folks just can't imagine everything that goes into organizing and executing a match of this size and scope.

Thanks to Lea and DPMS for their support of 3-gun and for their efforts to put on a quality multigun match under trying circumstances.

I sure hope lacation has not changed as I as well as I am sure others already booked flights and ponied up the money for them. We are less than a month out from the match, if location changes it will cost me 600.00 bucks.

There were rumors of a venue change to Iowa, but I don't think the possibility is there due to the time constraints (less than a month out). Too many hotels/flights have been booked to move anything now.

Im still a little intrigued as to what the .22rf will be....