Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship – April 23-25, 2010

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say three day match do you mean regular shooters shoot 3 days?

Yeah, you will shoot for three days.

Good times! :cheers:

Was it only Three day? :o I was sure we shot for six days strait.

<_< Well each day we shot for a day before lunch and later we shot for a day after lunch so. That equals six days. A bunch of shooting for only three days

I worked stage 4. I figure it was about 75 yards from start position to the tree the shooter engaged the steel from. 75 down and 75 back is 150 yards per shooter. 150x 180 shooters= 15.3 MILES! over 3 days.

Yes, I signed up to work again! :)

And Jamie, it only seemed like it was a 6 day match because you followed us around for 2 days before you started shooting. :)

post-2438-1262192809_thumb.jpg

Cant wait for this match again......

I can't wait either and hope to provide as much entertainment as possible (again). Thanks for being such a great RO and don't forget to bring my hat.

<_< I have a vague memory of a 2nd grade teacher telling my Dad that I would not conform. and my Dad saying..."Good"

Your Dad is G2G! My boy had his 1st grade teacher ask him "if you could have one wish what would it be?" He replied "to never have to go to school again" His teacher talked to me about him having a negative attitude based on that. I laughed heartily out loud & informed her it was ridiculous & she should stop attempting to modify his normal boy-like behavior.

I cant wait for BRM3G 2010 Andy! BTW- Thanks for taking and sending the pic of me @ FB3G.

Myself and Gaoler and a third planning on making a showing here for the first time. You gents have built the match up so much. I can't wait to try it, starting to get in shape to maybe move like I did in my 30's lol.

Looking through the match pix from previous years I see many competitors with slings on their shotguns... Is this necessary at this match or is this just personal preference?

edit: found this little tidbit of info on the match website: "12/09/07 — VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Slings for rifles and shotguns are essential equipment for this match; they will be required to negotiate the stages successfully!"

Edited by ken hebert

Looking through the match pix from previous years I see many competitors with slings on their shotguns... Is this necessary at this match or is this just personal preference?

Ken, you must have slings to navigate some stages (I think its in the rules). I shot the match last year for the first time and it was a BLAST, however it was also my first time with slings, I learned that a 20" AR barrel slung behind you can grab your pants cuff and send you on what looks (according to the video my wife took) and feels (according to yours truly) something like Superman on a bad landing!!

At least one stage that said Sling , let the shooter decide , it was faster on the stage to pick up the shotgun and carry it , and set the gun down to shoot the hand-gun and pick up the shotgun again to move on after grounding the hand-gun.

You will want a good sling that you can <_< move and shoot in /with

Slings are a must and do some research and practice what works best for you. This was my first match with a sling. I personally used a VTac 2 point on my shotgun and a Wilderness Tactical on my AR. I saw guys choke themselves with their slings because they weren't used to them and as Jeremy above said they will get in your way or snag at inopportune times. One of the neatest things I saw were some guys had these velcro keepers on their shooting belts that velcroed around the forearm of their slung weapon to hold it in position. My VTac has a quick cinch/release mechanism to pull tight when not in use or to loosen it quickly to get in shooting position. Youtube has some awesome videos of equipment people have tested and how it is used. That is where I did my research.

Edited by philg80

The velcro is a very innovative idea.

Here's another idea that was demonstrated by a shooter on my squad who's name I won't mention that worked perfectly. To handle the problem of dirt or mud getting into the muzzle when getting low for some shots on a slung muzzle down long gun he placed a rubber (Trojan, I believe) over the muzzle.

Since no one else on our squad carried spare rubbers in their wallets we were at a distinct disadvantage. Gotta love these innovations 3-gunners come up with on a moments notice.

Got my room, my plane ticket and my bags half packed. Can't wait.

Room at resort, check. Match entry fee mailed, check. Let the physical conditioning begin! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I hope Andy will take it easy on us old guys this year. At least provide some O2 in the stages. Plus I am going to practice shooting the little white pieces of iron since I shot quite a few last year I want to get all of them this year.

MS

Room at resort, check. Match entry fee mailed, check. Let the physical conditioning begin! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I hope Andy will take it easy on us old guys this year. At least provide some O2 in the stages. Plus I am going to practice shooting the little white pieces of iron since I shot quite a few last year I want to get all of them this year.

MS

Find me at the range....I work in home medical equipment and can bring some oxygen if necessary. Great for migraines and hangovers which I saw several people with last year. Good times, good times.......

Sooo.... What's the weather like in this part of Ky. in April?

'Had a bit of a let down back in Dec... Drove 17hrs south for the FB3G and still had to scrape frost off the windshield in the morning!

Sooo.... What's the weather like in this part of Ky. in April?

'Had a bit of a let down back in Dec... Drove 17hrs south for the FB3G and still had to scrape frost off the windshield in the morning!

Last year the weather was pretty warm. I remember drinking alot of water and gatorade during the day. Got a sunburn to.