Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bill Drill times

GMyers

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a new trial goal there for someone to blaze.

You are SO right...get your BIG bucket of ammo and get after it...I mean hell, I bet I have shot that thing about 1000 times and my best clean time is about 1.63 and I thought I was burning it down...now we have a challenge...I can't wait to see some of these times...

Jim,

Right now you can shoot 5 consecutive splits at .08 or below?

.08 has been my fastest split ever and I've only done that once. I'm definitely not the best but I can get on the trigger pretty good when I need to and even then I've never had a string of shots under .10 per split. When I shot the 1.22, my draw was in the low .6's and my splits were in the .09 - .13 range.

I personally couldn't do it shooting at the ground right in front of me much less getting hits on paper at 10 (or 7) yards.

If you wanna go for it though, more power to you. I'll be the first one cheering you on.

Jake,

Yes I have done it in the past... The fastest my timer will record right now is .11. I have to set the dead time down lower to record them, but it's less reliable so I keep it at .11. I haven't tried those splits for some time, but I do have a guy that I shoot with that has seen me do it. I think If you like I can try and duplicate it and take a picture of the timer. I don't have video so that's out for now.

Here's two in a row at .09... I'll see if I can't get a string below in the near future.

9.jpg

Edited by JThompson

<_< Dang I think I will print that photo, cut it out and glue it to my timer :bow:

This just reminds me of how slow I can be. I remember two girls in Florida Yearrrrs ago, asked me " Do you Wanta Party"? I was so slow I though they meant smoke pot and I said "NO I don't do that" :o and they laughed and thin, stopped to explain the invitation to me.

But that's not 2 in a row...and they also aren't .08. ;) There's a transition (I'm assuming) in between there. Stringing them together one after the other is much harder than doing it and having a long(er) transition between every split. I can duplicate .09 and .10 splits at will....but I can't string them together 5 in a row.

If they were in a row the timer would read.

7.53 #15 SPL .09

7.62 #16 SPL .09

But that's not 2 in a row...and they also aren't .08. ;) There's a transition (I'm assuming) in between there. Stringing them together one after the other is much harder than doing it and having a long(er) transition between every split. I can duplicate .09 and .10 splits at will....but I can't string them together 5 in a row.

All true, but I've done it Jake... I'll set the dead time back and see what I can do. ;)

I have a newer timer than I had before and it seems that this one has a minimum dead time of .08. I have a call in to Competition Electronics to see if there is anything they can do for me on the issue. If not, I'll have to find another timer, or borrow one.

With a dead time of .08, anything at or below .08 will be ignored as an echo. :(

Does anyone have/know of a timer that has dead adjustable down to .05? If so would you consider lending one for this challenge?

Edited by JThompson

I have a newer timer than I had before and it seems that this one has a minimum dead time of .08. I have a call in to Competition Electronics to see if there is anything they can do for me on the issue. If not, I'll have to find another timer, or borrow one.

With a dead time of .08, anything at or below .08 will be ignored as an echo. :(

we know you are FAST but really, do you think you have to worry about being faster than .08.... (grins)...as I say, I love the enthusiasm but wonder if reality isn't getting trampled during this adventure.... ;)

Excuse the double post, MY enthusiasm got the better of me on this one...

And while we are awaiting JJ's reply, how many of you M and GM shooters feel that you can lay down 5 splits of .08 in a row?

I am

having trouble ...

typing this, I keep

falling off the chair

from LMAO... :lol:

Like my dad always said, "..if you can do it, it ain't braggin'..." Guess we'll see.

:blink: OK 1 second Bill Drill That may be worthy quest, <_< im not going to judge. My guess is this thread is about to locked up.

I checked my CED 8000 the "Filter" will go down to 0.02 :wacko: To test the thing I used something close to a old style dinner bell I got strings of .07 .08 and a few 0.05 registered on the timer.

You guys may want to / have to set up a shoot off on this one.

And MR. Jerry M. did the five shots in 0.42 with a revolver so hearing that it can not be dun :angry: kinda rubs me wrong, and that thinking should be in the same boat that fell off the side of the earth, back when the world was flat.

Just cuz I can hardly do it with a dinner bell does not mean that it can not be dun, Now you kids

Be nice OR B)

Edited by AlamoShooter

Excuse the double post, MY enthusiasm got the better of me on this one...

And while we are awaiting JJ's reply, how many of you M and GM shooters feel that you can lay down 5 splits of .08 in a row?

I am

having trouble ...

typing this, I keep

falling off the chair

from LMAO... :lol:

Like my dad always said, "..if you can do it, it ain't braggin'..." Guess we'll see.

Well, it is Christmas and a good time to suspend reality. :D I know I had several 6s in a row with like a .07-.08 thrown in there. This was some time ago before I knew what I was looking at and what those splits meant. I'm still not sure what they mean, but I have a better idea of how fast it really is. I use Jake as the standard and if his fastest is an .08 then is really is something special, even if there isn't really much of a use for it. I know attaining those splits was easier when I first started than it is now... I guess because I'm more interested in actually hitting something than spraying the back of the range at hyper speed.

Double post: Don't worry about that, it's all this talk of speed. :)

:blink: OK i seconds Bill Drill I checked my CED 8000 the "Filter" will go down to 0.02 :wacko: my guess is this thread is about to locked up. To test the thing I used something close to a old style dinner bell I got strings of .07 .08 and a few 0.05 registered on the timer. You guys may want to / have to set up a shoot off on this one.

And MR. Jerry M. did the five shots in 0.42 with a revolver so hearing that it can not be dun :angry: kinda rubs me wrong, and that thinking should be in the same boat that fell off the side of the earth, back when the world was flat.

Just cuz I can hardly do it with a dinner bell does not mean that it can not be dun, Now you kids play nice OR B)

What 'chu talkin' 'bout Willis....I never said it could not be done...Ed McGivern did it, Jerry M did it....I certainly can't do it...nor can the vast unwashed majority of shooters on the planet... :blush: I'm so embarassed...

There becomes a point where you hit the limit of human function. For example....no amount of positive thinking will ever make someone shoot a .50 bill drill. It just can't happen. a 1.00 BD is right on the cusp to the point where I honestly don't think it will be done - but it is possible. But hey, if he thinks he can do it, that's awesome. Count me in as an interested observer.

Let's set the rules up.

Surrender draw

7 or 10 yards

All hits on paper

Random start timer

Big board timer if you have it?

:blink: OK 1 second Bill Drill That may be worthy quest, <_< im not going to judge. My guess is this thread is about to locked up.

I checked my CED 8000 the "Filter" will go down to 0.02 :wacko: To test the thing I used something close to a old style dinner bell I got strings of .07 .08 and a few 0.05 registered on the timer.

You guys may want to / have to set up a shoot off on this one.

Just cuz I can hardly do it with a dinner bell does not mean that it can not be dun, Now you kids

Be nice OR B)

I hear ya buddy, but Jerry's .084s double action were seen by a whole crowd. You guys have only my word and I ain't no Jerry! :P I understand the skepticism. If the situation was reversed I would prob be just as skeptical and possible ~cough~ bs ~cough~

So the CED goes to .02? Anyone want to send one over for the test? All the ones at my club are the same as I have. I haven't heard back from CE yet.

There becomes a point well you hit the limit of human function. For example....no amount of positive thinking will ever make someone shoot a .50 bill drill. It just can't happen. a 1.00 BD is right on the cusp to the point where I honestly don't think it will be done. But hey, if he thinks he can do it, that's awesome. Count me in as an interested observer.

Well Jake... even if I could get five at .08 or below I still have miles to go on the draw. I think the first step is to see if I can still string 5 under .08 with maybe a .09 or two in there. If I can do that then I worry about getting the draw faster. If I can't get the string then there is no reason to proceed.

Hey, I'm with Jake....interested...cause quite frankly, I know I could not string together two .06 splits together with a .07 and a .08 in my dreams...I do think it is at the very limits of human physical ability to do a 1.00 BD....but I thought the same about a sub 3.00 El Prez and Jake proved me wrong there too... ;)

You know what will happen :unsure: This quest gets some industry attention some cash get thrown in to bring the big fish out like this year Steel Challenge and after the entire thing is set up. A guy with a cowboy gun comes in and does the "Five Finger fan across the top of the gun with one pull of the trigger :blink: and five six holes appear in the target :blink:

And all us guys with our "Race guns" feel silly <_< It could happen :unsure:

Edited by AlamoShooter

The fastest split I have ever done is .08 and I cant seem to reproduce it <_< .14 to .19 seem where I am at

My best draws are about 1.0...1.4...not so good :mellow:

I marvel at you fast boys and your skill :cheers:

Jim

Now Jim, don't feel bad about your draw speed...you know that the rabbit doen't win the race every time... :rolleyes:

Can we make this a postal team challenge? I'll do the splits and Sam can do the draw? Can we, can we...?

That would make it really fun Ron, but hadn't you better wait till it warms up a bit first...a .46 draw in the cool of a Wy winter might be tough even for Sam....of course Jake threw a wrench in the thing...he wants you to hit the paper with all your shots...what kind of foolish request is that? :D

Can we make this a postal team challenge? I'll do the splits and Sam can do the draw? Can we, can we...?

That would make it really fun Ron, but hadn't you better wait till it warms up a bit first...a .46 draw in the cool of a Wy winter might be tough even for Sam....of course Jake threw a wrench in the thing...he wants you to hit the paper with all your shots...what kind of foolish request is that? :D

LMAO I was thinking the same thing about the paper... hit the paper? What paper? I guess I could make a really really big IPSC target and string it all the way over the backstop. :P This thing started as a string under .08. :D

PS Who's Sam?

Edited by JThompson