Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Only a Reprimand

North

I have to rip into one of my junior NCO's (E-5) tomorrow. This guy is currently separated from his WIFE, but travels the 100 miles every weekend to see his family.

Monday, I have one of my female Airmen (E-4) tell me he put a move on her last week, off duty; BTW her Husband (E.O.D.) is currently deployed to Afghanistan. How dumb to you have to be to make a move on an E.O.D. guys wife? They make and dismantle bombs for Pete's sake.

They text back and forth after she shot him down, trying to smooth things over. BUT.. over the weekend his wife sees the text and all hell breaks loose. This culminates in his wife calling my Airman and calling her everything in the book and threatening her. He calls back my Airman and apologies/spells out everything on a voice mail with his wife screaming at him in the background. Solid Proof.

This freaking dirtball, not only was going to cheat on his wife (who I guess still cares); but he was perfectly fine with breaking up a subordinates marriage too, while her husband is deployed. Hitting on someones wife is never acceptable; but hitting on a subordinate who's husband is in harms way is as bad as it gets.

So he attempted to commit article 134 of the UCMJ. After pushing this up my chain of command, all that we can to do him is a Reprimand. So tomorrow I will give the butt-chewing of my life when I give him the letter of reprimand. Also he will loose his supervisor position. We will see what happens....

Edited by North

One of the things I really hated about being a platoon sergeant - being Daddy to a bunch of supposedly grown people. I hated getting an otherwise good soldier out of jail when he did something really stupid while drunk. (and then getting chewed out by command because "my people" screwed up!!) Getting involved with family problems........

It was so much easier being a PSG deployed in a combat zone, than being in garrison.

Mark

BTW,

Dirtball got caught speeding in a school zone today, on base. No driving on base for 5 days. Karma?

I don't know about Karma, but he is definitely a P.O.S. Hammer his ass every chance you get.

One of the things I really hated about being a platoon sergeant - being Daddy to a bunch of supposedly grown people. I hated getting an otherwise good soldier out of jail when he did something really stupid while drunk. (and then getting chewed out by command because "my people" screwed up!!) Getting involved with family problems........

It was so much easier being a PSG deployed in a combat zone, than being in garrison.

Mark

I laughed when I read this. Remembering going to get guys out of jail and Monday being told it was my fault he got a DUI! It sucked then but now I find it quite (sadly) funny.

I don't want to play arm-chair psychiatrist here, but under the topic of lessons learned during many years of supervising troops...

A good butt chewing is clearly in order, but it needs to be tempered with the understanding that this guy may have a real problem and is "acting up" because of it. If this guy was always a jerk, then that's one thing, but if he's been getting in increasing trouble, you might want to consider a long talk to try and find out what's eating him.