Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

550, 650 and 1050 setup?

On the 550, 1=size/deprime/prime, 2= neck expand/powder drop, 3= seat bullet, 4= crimp. This is a manual index machine with primer seat done on the upstroke of the handle.

650, between 2 & 3 is the powder check die. Auto indexing with primer seat done on the upstroke of the handle.

1050, 1=insert case, 2=size/deprime, 3=swage primer pocket, 4=prime case, 5=neck expand/powder drop, 6=powder check, 7=seat bullet, 8=crimp. Auto indexing with primer seat on the down stroke of the handle for better seating depth control.

Alan~^~

I am looking into the different presses before starting to reload.The 550 has 4 stations, The 650 has 5, and the 1050 has 8. What normally occupies each station for the different types of press?

You may probably know this but the machine manuals are online at the Dillon Website.

Later,

Chuck

PS: My 650: 1=Size/Deprime, 2=Powder, 3=KISS Bullet Feeder :D , 4=Seating, 5=Crimp

I am looking into the different presses before starting to reload.The 550 has 4 stations, The 650 has 5, and the 1050 has 8. What normally occupies each station for the different types of press?

Have you seen these:

Dillon FAQ:

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/dillonfaqs.html

“Which Dillon”:

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/dillon.html#which

be

Yes sir, I did look through those pages, but did not see the answer. If that info is there, I apologize. I have gotten a lot of information from those pages, but still had some questions.

No need for apologies. I'm certain Brian was just trying to drive you to all of the information he created.....

1050: Casefeed, Deprime and resize, primer pocket swage, prime, powder drop, empty station, seating, crimp.

650: Casefeed, deprime and resize; prime and caseneck expansion and powder drop; empty station, seating, crimp.

The 550 made absolutely no sense to me as a press (because it didn't offer auto-indexing) until I saw a friend of mine run his. Having seen that, the 550 makes a lot more sense. I own a 650 to crank out multiple calibers in small volumes, and in order to have a back-up press available if my 1050 goes down. The 1050 is dedicated to a single caliber --- 9mm --- and I would probably buy a second one if I needed something else in that volume. In my opinion the 1050 shines as a single caliber press.....

I would say the best thing to do is give Brian Enos a call and tell him what you want to do and let him walk you through things. :)

+1. Seriously, Brian will be happy to spend time with you on the phone, making sure that you get exactly what you need, no more, no less...

I would say the best thing to do is give Brian Enos a call and tell him what you want to do and let him walk you through things. :)

+1. Seriously, Brian will be happy to spend time with you on the phone, making sure that you get exactly what you need, no more, no less...

I must say that this is so true. Buying from Brian can be an odd experience in that he will not sell you something you don't need or want.

You may probably know this but the machine manuals are online at the Dillon Website.

Later,

Chuck

PS: My 650: 1=Size/Deprime, 2=Powder, 3=KISS Bullet Feeder :D , 4=Seating, 5=Crimp

My KISS Bulletfeeder is in #6 on the 1050. :cheers:

I must say that this is so true. Buying from Brian can be an odd experience in that he will not sell you something you don't need or want.

Thank you.

be

877 219 5598